Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Vigilantism: is there a place for this on our roadways and to what extent?

5K views 80 replies 27 participants last post by  Blu916 
#1 ·
Reading the recent posts of runaway drivers and drunks being caught by biker after mowing down pedestrians has me thinking: most of these crimes go un reported and if they are, many times, justice is not served.

Just yesterday a c*nt in her Benz SUV talking on her celly cut from the right lane into my lane and nearly pushed me into oncoming traffic. I braked sufficiently and tucked around her passenger side, came up along side, beeped my horn to get her to stop talking on the cell and look at me. I then proceeded to whiplash her passenger side mirror with my elbow (MMA ground and pound style) and left it hanging by it's wires. All done at 45mph. I then yelled "can you see me now?"

I feel it's our right and duty to deliver justice as indicated and educate the masses to their seemingly innocuous infractions that go undeterred and unretaliated. I know this is extreme, but WE ALL have been a victim of one sort of traffic violation or another. We have no recourse. No kangaroo court to back us up. I for one will exact my justice one mirror or windshield or taillight at a time and don't get me started on what I have done to NYC taxi and Limo drivers...let's just say they will be much more aware of ANY bikes in their vicinity. (not sure about the guy I dragged out of his car window by his tie, though, he's likely not driving anymore)
Sorry about the rant, but the story of the CHP doing nothing for the dude in Cali pissed me off. Some may agree with my version of getting retribution and many may not. I'm not looking for approval. I want to start a movement. If enough guys retaliate when indicated; then maybe it will start to sink in that the asses better share the road or pay the consequences. I'm an army of one but I hope others start to "educate" the ignorant as indicated. Scare the sh*t out of them and maybe they will wake up.

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm talking about the greater NYC area where no motorist gives a rats ass about anyone but themselves.

#6 ·
Wrong attitude and wrong choice of action...I'm the guy who is going to pull over and wait for you to retaliate ....that's part of the fun! I'm 6'2" 265 lbs 7% Bodyfat and trained in three martial arts disciplines , 2nd Dan in two. The mirror or window is , as Jackie Gleason used to say" " an attention getter"!
The lesson is taught roadside...typically they run when I pull over.
So, you don't have to go far to catch me. The lesson will be served.
Not a bad ass, but there are general principles that must be adhered to.

#7 ·
Depends on how bad the offense is and what the Driver's reaction is, when I make my presence known.

If they provide the I'm sooo sorry and wave at me, then I let it go, if they ignore me or are rude, flip me off, etc etc.. then I'll take a mirror or kick in their door.

I'll give them an opportunity to apologize first, if they are flippant and completely disregard their actions, then I'll make them accountable.

#9 ·
I've smacked quite a few mirrors too, sure gets their attention but I don't think it's the answer.

Unless your well connected I'd continue with caution and even if you are it's still somewhat silly. I was once cut off by the wife of a well know drug trafficker and convicted murderer (Carl Anthony Williams), he was the central figure in the Melbourne gangland killings.

She pulled into her driveway from the opposite side of the road cutting directly infront of me, I missed her by about an inch or two. I pulled over waited for her to get out of the car, and proceeded to abuse the fuvk out of her and remind her what indicators are for.... she came at me with a 3' steel pole from her trunk screming at me a foaming at the mouth, got my licence plate and told me I was dead. Lucky for me all her connections by this time were mostly dead. I knew it likely empty threats but still... be careful who you "serve your apparent justice".

Far better to use that energy sharpening your rising skills IMO. 99.9% of the time I'm that aware of my surroundings (4-5 cars ahead and the same backward) that I've anticipated what surrounding cars will do before they do it.

I may get more flaming than you for saying this but I believe quite often the riders in these situations are just as much to blame if they aren't skilled enough to position their bikes where they will be seen on the road and actively go about ridin in a way that ensures you'll come out on top of any possible situation. You're a soldier in the trenches out on the roads, it's never going to change so arm yourself with the skill set to make it back home alive.

#11 ·
Totally agree E.. I'm from Texas and have a CHL.. I have the right to protect my property, family and myself.. If Jacki Chan was in Texas and did that to me after I pulled over to see if he was ok and wanted to get touchy,, he's 6'2" and 265.. I was scared for my life,, goodnight!!!

#10 ·
I then proceeded to whiplash her passenger side mirror with my elbow (MMA ground and pound style) and left it hanging by it's wires. All done at 45mph. I then yelled "can you see me now?"
No, because her mirror is hanging off :hammer:
jk, i wouldnt do it because i dont have the balls, but i'm getting damn close at time...especially when a guy with a round bbq grill had the lid lift off like a frisbee off his truck bed and it narrowly missed my head.
I fully endorse it though if its a dumbass with a cellphone type situation.

#21 ·
i'm a fan of taking out my anger on vehicles that do dumb shit, but after being forced off the road multiple times, tons of near misses, wrecks, knocked off mirrors, kicked in doors, whatever, i for the most part keep my distance. i've taken to flinging bolts or change (jacket/suit dependent) at them behind me vs trying to get within arms distance of their vehicle.

#23 ·
According to him, he's already committed a crime by breaking a window or leaving a side mirror "hanging" by wires. You ever heard of road rage? The OP will get whats coming to him one of these times. Again, maybe not in liberal NYC, but come on out here to the midwest and the fker will be dead or doing time within the month

#25 ·
I know that no one wants to take an ass beating willingly, and I know that anyone on the forum won't be in this situation because we all know to check for motorcycles

but killing someone because you ****ed up and almost killed them, and they smashed your mirror off, which you rightfully deserve, so now your gonna kill them...? Have fun sitting your ass in jail for life because your dick ass almost killed someone than in turn shot them.. You might as well just blindly drive and kill them the first time.

#30 ·
I think the best thing to do is watch for motorcycles, and if your street riding, pay attention and make smart choices..

There are local law enforcement officers available to help, if you don't like the job they are doing, sign up, go to school, and show them how to do their job by their side. Or start a personal campaign to drill into people's brains that motorcycles exist.

#40 ·
The best thing to do is to expect every car on the road to try and kill you any chance they get. It's really that simple.

No amount of education will ever teach bad drivers how to become good drivers. My wife is the worst driver on the planet. There's absolutely nothing I can do to change that. I've tried to but she's just not capable enough to operate a vehicle safely.

Good luck getting that money out of my pocket haha
That's the easy part. All you need is a plate number and a description. Your ins co will pay.

#33 ·
Ok, I can understand "getting their attention" by "knocking on their vehicle" but breaking a mirror because of a mistake that cause no damage to you? That's just childish. Every person in the forum knows the danger they are subjecting themselves to when getting on a motorcycle. We all know that we are hard to see. Just becareful. You might piss the wrong guy off and end up under his tires.

#37 ·
Sorry, she's been busy ;)

#47 ·
I pulled over once after a bout with road rage in a car.. I'm 6'4" and weigh 245.. In no way do I only have 7% body fat but when that little guy saw me get out of my car he walked right back to his car and peeled out.. just wanted to tell my story:flex:

#49 ·
I think your broken hand would make up for the broken mirror.

#52 · (Edited)
Broken hand? My A*'s will keep me fine lol

And z06 I don't street ride looking for trouble lol, I actually barely street ride at all anymore, but if a doucher on a cell phone wants to not pay attention while driving and risk peoples lives to yap on the damn phone, all bets are off

#56 ·
If you're "flying by" and slap a mirror? Pretty sure you'll get injured lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.