bad experince with Ballistic Batteries : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
nobody
working hard

Bikes: 03R1(sold )- cbr1000 (06)-09R1
bad experince with Ballistic Batteries

got this battery less than a year ago from riders discount ( great service ), it was great but after a few months it seamed to loss charge so i was advised to get the Ballistic BMS Intelligent Digital Balance Charger. so i got it and tried to follow that manual and video tutorials but the Ballistic BMS Intelligent Digital Balance Charger did not work, it clearly has a problem.
i got my camera and put a video together so i can show Ballistic Batteries the problem and tell me what i am doing wrong.
tried calling and emailing to no reply ( 18 sep ). so i called riders discount and they tried to help by emailing Ballistic Batteries and finally they answered by email ( 25 sep ) and told me that the Ballistic BMS Intelligent Digital Balance Charger has a problem and they will send me a new one.
i was happy as you can imagine, i gave them the address and every thing. they told me that they will ship by UPS. i waited for the package but i did not get any thing i emailed a couple of times but they did not reply.
last email from them was on 1 oct .
nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
greenc51
I eat my Night Rod

Bikes: 05 Ninja 500 SOLD - 04 CBRF4i SOLD - 07 R6 SOLD - 04 Vulcan 800 bobber SOLD - 06 R1 SOLD - 2009 Night Rod Special =)
Report them to the BBB. That'll get their attention.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
greenc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
nobody
working hard

what is the BBB?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #4
ko66
dont follow me if ur scared

Bikes: 2003 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
what is the BBB?
Better Business Bureau.
ko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
DragMyR1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 ZX10 *SOLD* 2001 GSXR 1000 *SOLD* 2006 R1 RAVEN EDITION *SOLD* 2003 YAMAHA R1 *SOLD* CURRENT 2008 YAMAHA R1
wow, ive got a ballistic, and the way i got my battery is straight from ballistic, although they do not ship, whenever i contact someone about parts i always aim for a discount, which they did not provide, but they did get the battery shipped to me. I havent had any problems with it but good luck with this. I would give it a little more time, but i do know that there are batteries that are being made by some alien something or other that were making the ballistic batteries and now make there own, same kind of battery, ive got a 12 cell, but wayyyyyyyy cheaper!!!
08' R1/PC3/M4 CF EXHAUST/McCoys Clutch Saver Mod/MP Revolver Quick Throttle/CF TANK COWL/ 14 OVER EVIL SWING ARM/ PRO-TECH REAR SETS/PRO-BOLTS BITS/ZERO GRAVITY LATIGO SEAT/FLASH-TUNE ECUINTERFACE/HOT BODIES FLUSH MOUNTS/SCOTTS ROTARY DAMPER/SOUPYSPERFORMANCE ADJ. LINK/BMC RACE FILTER/BALLISTIC 12 CELL EVO 2 BATTERY/VORTEX CLIPS ON'S FUEL CAP SPROCKS/DDM DUAL HID's/Tsubaki 530 Sigma O-Ring Chain

LIVE FAST
DragMyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
nobody
working hard

i got the battery from riders discount and to my, if i get it from riders discount then it is an original.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Ridersdiscount will take care of it for you , what dragmyR1 was saying is the company that USE TO make the Ballistic batteries for Ballistic, now makes thier own under the name Alien Motion which Ridersdiscount also sells. I've had my Ballistic 12 cell over a year and its been great. You should check your charging system too, IF you used an regular battery charger on it you probably killed the Ballistic battery. Regular chargers put out too much voltage (over 14.4) that will kill an Lithium battery.
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
hmm.. that sucks..

i've used my trusty batt. tender jr. on my shorai with no issues at all..
i will be purchasing a dedicated one by spring though..

but yes you should not use a 'normal' charger on it... but that should be
pretty obvious... bike batteries do not have the insane power requirements as other
batteries in the 1st place... ballistic may also be finicky with anything but its own charger...

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,
bacchus40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #9
nobody
working hard

ok guys, here is the update:
Chip Spalding (KWS Motorsports ) contacted me, he told me that he is a co-founder of Ballistic Batteries.
i gave him all the info about my problem, i had the 8 cell battery and he gave me the 12 cell battery with the charger and shipped it to me international all for free.
great service and a great guy.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:43 AM   #10
Saphexus
You don't impress me.

Bikes: 2011 Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
ok guys, here is the update:
Chip Spalding (KWS Motorsports ) contacted me, he told me that he is a co-founder of Ballistic Batteries.
i gave him all the info about my problem, i had the 8 cell battery and he gave me the 12 cell battery with the charger and shipped it to me international all for free.
great service and a great guy.
And the reason this came out the way it did was because as soon as they heard about the possibility of getting a bad rap in a major bike forum they sh*t themselves.

Lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement