Mom Can't Get Help; Two Sons Die - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
BrnEyzR1
fast toys arent just 4 boys

Bikes: '10 Ducati 1198S Corse / '07 R1--RIP Jack
Infiniti ~

Thank you, I needed that!

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
BrnEyzR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #22
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnEyzR1 View Post
Yea, I know you guys are right. She is ultimately responsible. I just do not understand people who would not help, that's all.

About 15 years ago we were leaving our subdivision to drive into town for dinner. As we entered the highway from a merge lane I looked in the mirror to see if it was clear to merge into traffic. As I looked, a car in the right hand lane suddenly changed lanes into the left hand lane (without signalling, as well) and clipped another car that was in the left hand lane. The car went down into the median, up the other side of the median and began rolling into the oncoming lane, where it was smacked by another vehicle going the opposite direction. Sheot flew everywhere; it was a horrific accident. We stopped to help and helped the driver out of the car that was mangled. She was cut up everywhere and dazed. We sat her in our car and tried to talk to her to keep her responsive and find out if she was alright. When the ambulance got there we got out of the way to let them do their thing and we got to looking around the site and found what appeared to be everything she owned in her car and lying all over around her car. I started to gather a lot of it up for her and noticed a pistol stuck in some clothing items inside a box that had busted open. I picked the pistol up and secured it for the time being. Once the State Troopers and EMT's had done all their work, she was pretty much OK, but obviously incredibly shaken, and alone, and dismayed that everything she owned was lying everywhere, and her car destroyed. Neither the Troopers, or EMT's, or anybody else made any offer to take her somewhere, get her stuff, nothing, nada. I was nearly furious at the inhumanity of the people who are there "to serve and to protect".

I talked to her and asked her if she had anybody we could contact for her, and there was a guy she had us call that lived about an hour away. He said he would come and get her. In the mean time we invited her back to our house where she could shower, borrow some clean clothes, get something to eat, get some Tylenol, whatever. She took us up on it, but was very wary (not surprisingly, she didn't know us from Adam). Time went on and on and we didn't hear from the guy. She called him back several times and he was making all kinds of excuses as to why he was late, etc. Finally, they made a plan to meet at the lot where they towed her car to, and I took her there to meet him. She went straight to her car and was frantically looking through it for something, but wouldn't say what. I pulled her aside and told her I had her pistol and already put it in the bag of clothes and food we gave her. She thanked my, hugged me, and was on her way.

Long story short, she could have been up to who knows what and it turned bad. However, I was pretty guarded and had my eye on her the whole time, and was not worried about her, and it turned out well for everybody. If I just blindly did it, though, it could have gone the other way as well. My wife never has forgotten about it and is still very distrustful of strangers in/around our home ( I didn't tell her about the gun until I got back from dropping her off). Even though this turned out well, it still gives you pause to consider who it is that you're lending a hand to, and what could possibly happen. It makes me think twice when I come across situations like this since that day. For whatever reason, the next time I may see something that makes me choose to move on and stay out of it, and then I will appear to be the heartless sheothead, but it's not because I'm just cold hearted.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #23
Ponykiller
Mustang Hater!

Bikes: '05 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah Ben-Hur View Post
One side note is thanks to CNN, that guy has a target on his back whether he deserves it or not. My first reaction after hearing about it was the lives lost but then it lead to some very dangerous reporting in my book. The guy is in a no win situation because some of this is he said, she said. If kids are involved, he's toast.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #24
blueyzfr6
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 R1 here I come :) 04 R1 (Faster Blue) Stolen :(
Why didn't she go to the house next door, if the fvcknut wouldn't let her in???
blueyzfr6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #25
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Bikes: 04 R1
i wouldn't have let her in. you have no idea how long you're going to be on your own in a natural disaster scenario and i wouldn't be willing to give up my own supplies. if it was someone that i knew that was capable of helping procure future supplies i'd consider it, but in the given scenario, not a chance.
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #26
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
I have preps for charity, but in this situation I'm not sure what I'd have done. Depends on so many factors that I really can't judge the guy. I wasn't there. If the fact that she threw a plant at his house is true, it sounds like he did the right thing. I don't want to invite a nutball into my house during a dangerous event.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #27
jas05r1
Flyin Low

Bikes: 05 Raven 05 blue R1- wrecked 97 ZX7R- Deer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnEyzR1 View Post
Yea, I know you guys are right. She is ultimately responsible. I just do not understand people who would not help, that's all.

In this day, no matter what the situation I'm sure most people wonder if they could be held liable for anything they get involved in. Anytime I help someone out its always in the back of my mind. Not saying its right and agree the mother is the responsible one and def agree she should have died trying to protect her children. If it was my child there is no way I would be the one alive. But some people are raised differently and try to blame everything/everyone else for their bad decisions.

R1-013 Lucky 13th Member 05 Raven HMF Pipes, Gold Pazzo shorty levers, Supersprox rear sprocket, R1 chain guard, PCIII, K&N Filter, Graves Stacks, LP Gold DB Windscreen, LED Pods, Front/rear braided Galfer Lines, Corbin seat, CF fender and rear hugger, GYTR solo cowl, Ohlins damper, motomfg stand
jas05r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #28
shhaker
over da hump.....

Bikes: 2004 R1//2007 GSX-R600 sold, 2012 Aprilia RSV4 FACTORY
he should be tried for involuntary manslaughter. what a piece of shit. he is a lying sack of shit. karma is a bitch, hell get his.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhaker View Post
he should be tried for involuntary manslaughter. what a piece of shit. he is a lying sack of shit. karma is a bitch, hell get his.
Why should he be tried for manslaughter???? He didn't break any laws.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #30
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
Quote:
What if he'd let her in and she turned around an pulled a gun on him? He doesn't know her or owe her anything.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #31
Stonewall
ROWDY

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
If she had shown up at the door with the kids in her arms! That would have been a different situation. But she chose to go to the high ground and wait it out and left the kids to drown in a ditch!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #32
TheBigO
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2006 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
If she had shown up at the door with the kids in her arms! That would have been a different situation. But she chose to go to the high ground and wait it out and left the kids to drown in a ditch!
Not sure of the details but I'd be right there in the water looking for my kids. I would have dyed trying to save them.

Sent from my DROIDX
TheBigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #33
shhaker
over da hump.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
What if he'd let her in and she turned around an pulled a gun on him? He doesn't know her or owe her anything.
Just about what this counrty has come to. I got mine so fack you!! I bet your answer would be different if the shoe was on the other foot!!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #34
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Just about what this counrty has come to. I got mine so fack you!! I bet your answer would be different if the shoe was on the other foot!!
I would think that the rest of us here wouldn't be dumb enough to be out in that kind of weather with our children.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #35
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Quote:
involuntary manslaughter is base off gross negligence for which the person contributes to the act that any other reasonable person would not have initiated the action leading to that act. That man who denied entrance into his castle has no legal responsibility to offer assistance to anyone else. None whatsoever. I don't hold him responsible for this one bit, but I will say he is a cowardly immoral man. It is not illegal for the man to be who he is or do what he did. If anyone who should be and may be held liable, it is the mother. Legal fact.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #36
shhaker
over da hump.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
involuntary manslaughter is base off gross negligence for which the person contributes to the act that any other reasonable person would not have initiated the action leading to that act. That man who denied entrance into his castle has no legal responsibility to offer assistance to anyone else. None whatsoever. I don't hold him responsible for this one bit, but I will say he is a cowardly immoral man. It is not illegal for the man to be who he is or do what he did. If anyone who should be and may be held liable, it is the mother. Legal fact.
ok so i guess by breaking no laws he did the right thing..... i understand the fact that it could have been a setup, but every situation is differant. god knows why she was out there. i could come up with 1001 reasons. all i know is the guy came across as a prick in the video. whatever the reason he didnt let them in, thats his beast of burden, not mine.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #37
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Why does everyone take for granted that the woman who let her children die is telling the truth. She is playing the victim when sure as hell she could have been the one who killed them trying to head for high ground. I don't believe her. The only evidence is 2 dead kids in her care, she waited too long evacuate and a broken plant from trying to break into a house. She sounds like a model parent.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #38
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Why does everyone take for granted that the woman who let her children die is telling the truth. She is playing the victim when sure as hell she could have been the one who killed them trying to head for high ground. I don't believe her. The only evidence is 2 dead kids in her care, she waited too long evacuate and a broken plant from trying to break into a house. She sounds like a model parent.
I just can't imagine somebody leaving their kids in the car, down in the water, to go up to a house to see if she can get in. Instinct would have been to get the kids out and take them to higher ground with her. Something just doesn't seem right here.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #39
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
I just can't imagine somebody leaving their kids in the car, down in the water, to go up to a house to see if she can get in. Instinct would have been to get the kids out and take them to higher ground with her. Something just doesn't seem right here.
The reported claimed she held onto the fallen tree on the side of the house with both kids in her arms. the house entrance was 30 feet away, but she didn't bring them with her. I call BS. The kids were long gone and she was hysterical and trying to survive by getting into the house. So much so that the guy thought she was a man. That's my opinion, I may be wrong though.

People who make bad choices don't suddenly make good ones when the chips are down.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #40
BrnEyzR1
fast toys arent just 4 boys

Bikes: '10 Ducati 1198S Corse / '07 R1--RIP Jack
Quote:
About 15 years ago we were leaving our subdivision to drive into town for dinner. As we entered the highway from a merge lane I looked in the mirror to see if it was clear to merge into traffic. As I looked, a car in the right hand lane suddenly changed lanes into the left hand lane (without signalling, as well) and clipped another car that was in the left hand lane. The car went down into the median, up the other side of the median and began rolling into the oncoming lane, where it was smacked by another vehicle going the opposite direction. Sheot flew everywhere; it was a horrific accident. We stopped to help and helped the driver out of the car that was mangled. She was cut up everywhere and dazed. We sat her in our car and tried to talk to her to keep her responsive and find out if she was alright. When the ambulance got there we got out of the way to let them do their thing and we got to looking around the site and found what appeared to be everything she owned in her car and lying all over around her car. I started to gather a lot of it up for her and noticed a pistol stuck in some clothing items inside a box that had busted open. I picked the pistol up and secured it for the time being. Once the State Troopers and EMT's had done all their work, she was pretty much OK, but obviously incredibly shaken, and alone, and dismayed that everything she owned was lying everywhere, and her car destroyed. Neither the Troopers, or EMT's, or anybody else made any offer to take her somewhere, get her stuff, nothing, nada. I was nearly furious at the inhumanity of the people who are there "to serve and to protect".

I talked to her and asked her if she had anybody we could contact for her, and there was a guy she had us call that lived about an hour away. He said he would come and get her. In the mean time we invited her back to our house where she could shower, borrow some clean clothes, get something to eat, get some Tylenol, whatever. She took us up on it, but was very wary (not surprisingly, she didn't know us from Adam). Time went on and on and we didn't hear from the guy. She called him back several times and he was making all kinds of excuses as to why he was late, etc. Finally, they made a plan to meet at the lot where they towed her car to, and I took her there to meet him. She went straight to her car and was frantically looking through it for something, but wouldn't say what. I pulled her aside and told her I had her pistol and already put it in the bag of clothes and food we gave her. She thanked my, hugged me, and was on her way.

Long story short, she could have been up to who knows what and it turned bad. However, I was pretty guarded and had my eye on her the whole time, and was not worried about her, and it turned out well for everybody. If I just blindly did it, though, it could have gone the other way as well. My wife never has forgotten about it and is still very distrustful of strangers in/around our home ( I didn't tell her about the gun until I got back from dropping her off). Even though this turned out well, it still gives you pause to consider who it is that you're lending a hand to, and what could possibly happen. It makes me think twice when I come across situations like this since that day. For whatever reason, the next time I may see something that makes me choose to move on and stay out of it, and then I will appear to be the heartless sheothead, but it's not because I'm just cold hearted.

Wow Kirk, you are one of the few. What a great thing you and your wife did! But I agree, it definitely makes you think twice.
I think it's in human nature, at least most humans to spontaneously want to help other people.

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
BrnEyzR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement