gun control - Page 5 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #81
gravitycollapse
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Bikes: 99 R1
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
Why don't you answer a question for me. Why is gun violence among poor black males so much higher then gun violence among poor white males?
I asked you first. Answer my question and I will answer yours.

Why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
gravitycollapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #82
racindego
Angry Misogynist
 
racindego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Bikes: 636 traded in for PW50
Location: Glenside, Pa
Posts: 13,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
I asked you first. Answer my question and I will answer yours.

Why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
The fact is that they do. We can argue in circles forever as to why. What difference does it make?
__________________
"I totally understand O.J...I get it." ~ Hulk Hogan


racindego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #83
gravitycollapse
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Bikes: 99 R1
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
The fact is that they do. We can argue in circles forever as to why. What difference does it make?
Because "why" is the first step in addressing the issue.

Please, I beg of you, answer my question. I really want to know your answer.

Why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
gravitycollapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #84
racindego
Angry Misogynist
 
racindego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Bikes: 636 traded in for PW50
Location: Glenside, Pa
Posts: 13,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
I asked you first. Answer my question and I will answer yours.

Why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
You know what? I'll bite (no homo).

Off the top of my head a few reasons are the lack of a stable, 2 parent family in the black community, the no snitching culture which essentially teaches kids that violence is okay, and decades of misguided entitlement programs that perpetuate the victim mentality.

Your move.
__________________
"I totally understand O.J...I get it." ~ Hulk Hogan


racindego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #85
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
I asked you first. Answer my question and I will answer yours.

Why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
Actually this question is unfair from the start. The conviction and incarceration rate of black males and crime may leave a lot of people to believe black males commit more crime, but the actual truth is economics. Which by the way you have yet to offer difinitive proof of the positive correlation between gun control and economy. Furthermore, you're going off in a tangent now.

I don't want to go too deep into our justice system so I"ll keep it simple stupid. Barney style. Those with means and resources can challenge the justice system. Unfortunately, it so happens that "those" are of the lighter skin texture are accomodated with the means and resources. Again, this is another issue in itself. It costs the state less to challenge those with limited accomodations. Therefore, they are convicted and incarcerated. They become the statistics.

But let's stay on track. Gun control and economy. What say you?
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #86
gravitycollapse
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Bikes: 99 R1
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
You know what? I'll bite (no homo).

Off the top of my head a few reasons are the lack of a stable, 2 parent family in the black community, the no snitching culture which essentially teaches kids that violence is okay, and decades of misguided entitlement programs that perpetuate the victim mentality.

Your move.
Now I'll answer your question. Why is gun violence among poor black males more prevalent than gun violence against poor white males?

Assuming that is true, which I am not 100% certain of because I have not seen the data, it's likely because of detrimental principals held and expressed within the black community.


Now, let me ask you, why do you think that violence is viewed more positively among the black community?
gravitycollapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #87
gravitycollapse
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Bikes: 99 R1
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
Actually this question is unfair from the start. The conviction and incarceration rate of black males and crime may leave a lot of people to believe black males commit more crime, but the actual truth is economics. Which by the way you have yet to offer difinitive proof of the positive correlation between gun control and economy. Furthermore, you're going off in a tangent now.

I don't want to go too deep into our justice system so I"ll keep it simple stupid. Barney style. Those with means and resources can challenge the justice system. Unfortunately, it so happens that "those" are of the lighter skin texture are accomodated with the means and resources. Again, this is another issue in itself. It costs the state less to challenge those with limited accomodations. Therefore, they are convicted and incarcerated. They become the statistics.
You think white people are statistically more likely to have better access proper legal justice just by accident?

Surely you can't be that naive.
gravitycollapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #88
racindego
Angry Misogynist
 
racindego's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Bikes: 636 traded in for PW50
Location: Glenside, Pa
Posts: 13,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Now I'll answer your question. Why is gun violence among poor black males more prevalent than gun violence against poor white males?

Assuming that is true, which I am not 100% certain of because I have not seen the data, it's likely because of detrimental principals held and expressed within the black community.


Now, let me ask you, why do you think that violence is viewed more positively among the black community?
More strawman questions. Bottom line - poverty/gun violence is a correlation, not a causation. No amount of lecture hall jargon is going to unpaint you from the corner you painted yourself into.
__________________
"I totally understand O.J...I get it." ~ Hulk Hogan


racindego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #89
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
You think white people are statistically more likely to have better access proper legal justice just by accident?

Surely you can't be that naive.
You are full of assumptions and shit. You came on to a motorcycle forum thinking the people here are uneducated and misinformed members. Where on god's green earth did I ever say it was by accident? How did you ever come to the conclusion that I said or imply it was by accident. You have yet to present evidence of your initial claim that gun control is directly related to the economy. You went from stating the obvious that violent crime is more prevalent among a certain demographic and geographical location to whites being less convicted for crimes. You're all over the place AND have yet to prove your claim. Like dego said, you are in that corner. You're a joke. Go get your money back from whatever school you went to and let me know where your mother lives so I can punch her in the uterus.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #90
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Well, I haven't really said that.

But let me put it this way. If you're born into a poor or dysfunctional family, are you personally responsible as a child for being subjected to malnourishment, physical or mental abuse, a lack of proper education or proper upbringing?

There comes a point when one must be willing to admit that there are many factors influencing citizens that are largely out of their control. That's not denying all personal responsibility. It's living in the real world.
Your argument is moot. If one single person from a dysfunctional family can get out of the cycle, so can the rest. They just choose not to because some hippie liberal Fvck is willing to give them an excuse to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Let me ask you, why do you think black males are so much more likely to be incarcerated than white males?

What do you think is the fundamental reason behind that fact?
They aren't. Criminals go to jail, the color of their skin is used as an excuse for failure if it fits your purpose. Jump off the race bandwagon with your snake oil salesman pitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycollapse View Post
Because "why" is the first step in addressing the issue.

Please, I beg of you, answer my question. I really want to know your answer.

Why do you think black males are more likely to commit crime than white males?
That's a fallacy. Criminals bred in a criminal environment devoid of morals, religious influence, family values and a classic education are more likely to become criminals themselves. Liberals are personally responsible for removing the family unit from the equation, limiting religious values, disfiguring the family unit and making schools teach student to pass tests, not live in the real world. They are taught that it's always anyone but their fault and that since they are poor, it's ok to fail

Thanks for that, you are personally contributing to the failure of our youth.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #91
gravitycollapse
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Bikes: 99 R1
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
More strawman questions. Bottom line - poverty/gun violence is a correlation, not a causation. No amount of lecture hall jargon is going to unpaint you from the corner you painted yourself into.
They aren't strawman. It's called deconstruction. I'm attempting to reduce your argument to it's basic components. It's the easiest way to teach someone else what you believe.

So by answering those questions, you are teaching me. Muchas Gracias.
gravitycollapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #92
lobsterhound
................
 
lobsterhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Location: Harrington Maine
Posts: 4,184
I think a decline and lack in morality could be equally as bad as a lack of education when contemplating gun violence in the mentioned areas. Lack of father figures etc... Also speaks to what KMac said about poor small school houses years ago. They did get good educations but the population as a whole was more religious as well. That could also be a factor. Love it or hate it Christian religions promote good moral practices.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Motorcycle.com Free App
__________________

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #93
Petrol_Spice
Seņor Citizen
 
Petrol_Spice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Bikes: Speedoodle!
Location: Pimptopia
Posts: 20,209
Come to Australia where the Crims have Uzi's and the rest of us have bad language and dogs.
__________________




Tact was created by those lacking the mental dexterity for sarcasm. ~ Petrol_Spice



Petrol_Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #94
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,930
So, in conclusion, gun violence is prevalent among people who are prone to being violent, and those people are prone to be violent because the rich white man doesn't give them money, access, new schools, etc. Anybody without the free money, access and new schools who actually does avoid becoming a POS criminal is an anecdote.

Got it.

This seems simple enough...... just create a bunch of new social programs, funded with money we don't have, the majority of which will go to waste simply through the inefficiency and bureaucracy of establishing and operating the programs, which will only provide entitlements to the recipients but expect zero accountability or measurable objectives from them. It's unfathomable that this wouldn't work. All the social programs before it have been unsuccessful, while hugely expensive, yet the social engineering practitioners are adamant that even more programs that are even more expensive are clearly going to make the difference that they've been looking for for 80 years (i.e. 'if we throw even MORE gas on the fire, we're positive it will go out').

Did I miss anything?
__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #95
Gearheaded
Venom X/O
 
Gearheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 20,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
So, in conclusion, gun violence is prevalent among people who are prone to being violent, and those people are prone to be violent because the rich white man doesn't give them money, access, new schools, etc. Anybody without the free money, access and new schools who actually does avoid becoming a POS criminal is an anecdote.

Got it.

This seems simple enough...... just create a bunch of new social programs, funded with money we don't have, the majority of which will go to waste simply through the inefficiency and bureaucracy of establishing and operating the programs, which will only provide entitlements to the recipients but expect zero accountability or measurable objectives from them. It's unfathomable that this wouldn't work. All the social programs before it have been unsuccessful, while hugely expensive, yet the social engineering practitioners are adamant that even more programs that are even more expensive are clearly going to make the difference that they've been looking for for 80 years (i.e. 'if we throw even MORE gas on the fire, we're positive it will go out').

Did I miss anything?
You forgot to ask which address to send the donations to help get those said programs started
__________________


Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #96
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 21,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego View Post
Gun violence is a culture propagated primarily by young, black males. That may hurt feelings but it is true. And no amount of socialist diarrhea is going to change that. Some overeducated, arrogant, self important, hippie liberal dick eater suggesting that he has all the answers is nauseatingly condescending. You can't save these people from themselves.
In current times yes and the studio thugs keep it in the forefront with their fake ass street cred bullshit and the stop snitching attitude, but no one can deny the start of major gun violence started during prohibition with whites and italians with small pockets of blacks in that mix.
__________________

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #97
fjorn
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
 
fjorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Bikes: '07 R1 (track only)
Location: Da Northland. Yah.
Posts: 37,206
Best part about this whole thread:

__________________
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6861_1.gif
  • RIP to our fallen brothers. You will all be missed and remembered:
    • crazyclimbr - March 4, 2007
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011

Last edited by fjorn; 04-19-2014 at 12:59 PM.
fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #98
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
Best part about this whole thread:

I did that last time, but he's so easy to refute. I just can't leave it alone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #99
rorytsm
damn turkeys
 
rorytsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Bikes: 04 R1
Location: indiana
Posts: 29,375
i've had him on ignore almost since he first joined
__________________
Join Phantom Squadron
PDB and loving it! whoo hoo!
04 R1 - sunbeam yellow w/custom decals
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #100
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
In current times yes and the studio thugs keep it in the forefront with their fake ass street cred bullshit and the stop snitching attitude, but no one can deny the start of major gun violence started during prohibition with whites and italians with small pockets of blacks in that mix.
Did you ever notice that the gangs never messed with the German immigrant towns? There's a reason for that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total dick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.