6 o clock AM high side : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
billy_slipkid
My R1 eats me.

6 o clock AM high side

well on this day was my last motorcycle class. just so happened i was late and found out yesturday my girl was preggo. yeah should of not been riding today but i did cause well it blow stuff off my mind. well pulled out in a u know how. RUSH like a idiot out the drive way fog built up in my helmet shield and lost sight. the rear wheel drifted right caught the edge of the road and woop woop left right left drift again hard right and caught again thus throwing me. its been a crappy morning but the damage to the bike is bad sorta. the crankcase bolts are shaved down and only one bolt put a crack across the housing of the hole it goes in. im 23yr and dont have money to buy a new engine side how can i fix this. i was thinking fill the hole back in and the cracks and re tap it to specifications to the same bolt size. or just jb weld it. any opinions im stressing bad!
billy_slipkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Bikes: 04 R1
i just wouldn't ride until i had the money to buy a new case cover
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
jas05r1
Flyin Low

Bikes: 05 Raven 05 blue R1- wrecked 97 ZX7R- Deer
Name fits now. sorry about your bike tho

R1-013 Lucky 13th Member 05 Raven HMF Pipes, Gold Pazzo shorty levers, Supersprox rear sprocket, R1 chain guard, PCIII, K&N Filter, Graves Stacks, LP Gold DB Windscreen, LED Pods, Front/rear braided Galfer Lines, Corbin seat, CF fender and rear hugger, GYTR solo cowl, Ohlins damper, motomfg stand
jas05r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Guate
♠♣♦♥★

Bikes: 13 RSV4--09 R6--14 KTM 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas05r1 View Post
Name fits now. sorry about your bike tho
Guate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
id part the bike out and take care of your woman and new addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
RedDevil154
R1 pilot

Bikes: 08 Candy Red R1
If its just the cover and not the case, pay shipping both ways I can weld it up for you for free. Would be cheaper than buying a used one if you can wait for it.
RedDevil154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
CupraR1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 R1
Awesome Kid on the way u must be well chuffed!!
CupraR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
wait a sec.. you were late? or your girlfriend, which is it!?

congrats on the kid!!.... whats the big deal with the bike?... cheer up...
it'll buff right out!.. now you got a story to tell him/her when older.!

Dynojet PCV, DJ AT-200, Leo Vince EVOII SBK CF cans, ARROW SS RACE HEADER, GYTR air, graves AIS, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, RK520, JT SPROCKETS (japan) 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjusters, ANNITORI RL qs,
CLEVER WOLF tank CF, RIZOMA sportline grips, APEX adj. 3" riser clip-ons, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN no-cut, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLIN FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines
bacchus40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
toysareforboys
My R1 eats me.

Bikes: 07 R1, flash-tune'd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
id part the bike out and take care of your woman and new addition
^^ this. If you dun got the cash for a stator cover you best be sellin it/partin it out.

Step up and be a man with your GF, dun dump that shit on her.

-Jamie M.
toysareforboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
juiced gt
Blue, you're my boy!

Bikes: 07 Red R1
fix it right mechanically to ride it again. if not dont ride it. i high sided a year ago. i will never forget it till i die. the disorientation, the realization what is happening, the hit to the ground, the sound of metal and plastic hitting concrete at the same time, the fear that your bike will flip and land on you, your own bike landing on you, the animalistic kicking when the bike lands on your legs, the frantic scrambling to gain your bearings and escape oncoming traffic. and after reliving that every time i ride, i still choose to ride. thats not hard, thats stupid. i survived something i should have died from or been seriously injured from. sounds like you have aswell. i dont have kids or anyone who depends on me. you do. rethink what you do before you do it. thats all im saying.
juiced gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement