SuperStreet Bike Magazine Nov 2012 Feature: "50th Red & White Anniversary Scheme" - Page 3 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #41
burn-z
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OGR1 View Post
Thanks Burn-Z
I really had a hard time trying to decide what to do. The truth is most of the mods I have are a complete waste for me to ride around town. Making it a straight up track bike will allow me to learn more about chassis setup and development.
Now, my focus will be track only. It is a waste to have this bike on the street at this point. To be honest, my high end aftermarket parts will never realize their ability and multiply the odds of damaging them in an accident or crash...
As far as the SSB show goes, the guy with the VFR single sided swingarm did take 1st place under the Amateur category. I was just surprised because the only mods he had was a few carbon bits, wheels, and the VFR swingarm. And you're absolutely right, he's not in my league at all. Total retail value of aftermarket parts I have on my bike is about $55,000. That's nothing close to what that guy spent on his bike. It didn't have any trick parts neither a paint job too. It is what it is... I just noticed when I was at MotoGP Laguna Seca that most people don't know any detailed parts on a motorcycle. The only thing that attracts people are the crazy paint jobs and the chrome. I figured since its MotoGP people would love a fully tricked out racebikes with all the goodies. I thought my bike would place 1st and stand out under the amateur class since I was the only tricked out racebike there but I guess I was wrong
Hey Jovan, I'm with you 1000%. I thought the same thing too and I didn't even get invited to show my bike. At least we got the last laugh when Sean from SSB called and said they wanted to feature the bikes. Steve will be there some day too if he makes up his mind and finishes his build. I'm right there with you on riding it on the street too. It holds no appeal anymore and is a waste imo but to each his own. I'm almost finished with mine again after my crash in July but it'll be ready for Barber next week. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll keep working on it til it gets closer to yours. They just keep evolving...forever????

Crappy pic I took tonight after I got it home again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Radley View Post
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit
burn-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #42
thepopularjock
I eat my R1

Bikes: 02 R1, 04 FZ1, 00 DRZ
WOW!!!!!!
What an amazing machine!!! It's so nice that I would be afraid to push it at the track because a down would be HORRIBLE!!!!
thepopularjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #43
T.C.
Bourbon is my blood

Bikes: 2002 R1, 1980 FLH Harley, 1993 Suzuki Rmx 250, 1979 CB900f(modified), 1980 Kawasaki KX125
Congrats Chris on making her look ever better than before.

Sig by Uncle P.

Cal meh anj alcholic all yoo want. I will not memba in the morning, or the next day.

My bike thread.. http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343172
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #44
toy05R1
Platinum Motorcycles

Bikes: 2005 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1OGR1 View Post
... I just noticed when I was at MotoGP Laguna Seca that most people don't know any detailed parts on a motorcycle. The only thing that attracts people are the crazy paint jobs and the chrome. I figured since its MotoGP people would love a fully tricked out racebikes with all the goodies. I thought my bike would place 1st and stand out under the amateur class since I was the only tricked out racebike there but I guess I was wrong
I went up against the the same guy in Indy, allbeit mine is not a race bike but a full custom and he won there too. I'm not sure what the voters look for, but from the people I talked to and the reaction from both Yamaha and SSB everyone was suprised.

Your bike is awesome, congrats on the feature. The recognition for all the hard work is great.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/platinummotorcycles
toy05R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #45
1OGR1
Veteran

Bikes: ArE FuN AlThOuGh It Is A VeRy ExPeNsIvE hObBy...
Thanks so much for the kind words, I appreciate it. Truth be told, I never thought building a bike could be this much fun. I did a trackday last weekend, and I couldn't believe what a huge difference everything has made so far. I'm glad I can be such an inspiration to you and other fellow members on this forum.
I just talked to Steve today and he definitely has big plans for his R1. I can't wait to see the final product. I'm sure I'll definitely see his R1 and yours on the future issue feature on SSB magazine. BTW, you're R1 looks super clean and keep me posted on your mods. Be safe at Barber next weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
Hey Jovan, I'm with you 1000%. I thought the same thing too and I didn't even get invited to show my bike. At least we got the last laugh when Sean from SSB called and said they wanted to feature the bikes. Steve will be there some day too if he makes up his mind and finishes his build. I'm right there with you on riding it on the street too. It holds no appeal anymore and is a waste imo but to each his own. I'm almost finished with mine again after my crash in July but it'll be ready for Barber next week. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll keep working on it til it gets closer to yours. They just keep evolving...forever????

Crappy pic I took tonight after I got it home again.

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
1OGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #46
1OGR1
Veteran

Thanks for the kind words desire68

Quote:
Originally Posted by desire68 View Post
Very nice indeed!
Mike

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
Old 11-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #47
firehawk2003
Ask the Master Chief

Bikes: Harris R71
Very nice bike, brother. Congrats on the spread. :cool
firehawk2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #48
iGoldeneye
WERA? \_(ツ)_/ #21

Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1 Raven - '04 GSXR600 (track) - 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary (sold)
One of my all-time favorite R1 builds... Congrats brotha!

Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21

View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post

Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #49
fjorn
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?

Bikes: '07 R1 (track only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
And to think you were going to be content with riding the street before introduced you to ZARS.

Between all of the really nice bikes on here, there's definitely a good list of parts can get ideas on. While I'm not willing to put as much money into building a supersport bike, I do admire and appreciate all the work that goes into them.
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #50
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
WOW, sick build brother !
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #51
1OGR1
Veteran

Thanks for the kind words I thought I won the SSB amateur build at Laguna since I was the only fully built racebike but I guess I was wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb View Post
This should've been the TRUE winner of the SSB build-off. Great job brother again and congrats on the feature

I was thinking the same thing, but held my tongue when he came on here

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #52
1OGR1
Veteran

Thanks for the nice compliment DouglasyzfR1
SSB didn't want a half naked chick to model next to my R1 because they wanted to show the whole entire bike with all the detailed parts I added to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasyzfR1 View Post
Very well put together. Congrats on the article, nice to see a bike like yours get featured.

Why no half naked chick in the article next to the bike??? Guess this bike doesn't need anymore eye candy like most of the other ones.

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
Old 11-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #53
1OGR1
Veteran

Thanks for the compliment BlueDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
Love to see the receipt history on that bike.. Yeouch.... Shes purdy

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #54
1OGR1
Veteran

Thanks for the kind words T.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
Congrats on the feature.
That's one awesome bike.

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
Old 11-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #55
Knackers
R1SP only the best will do

Bikes: 2006 R1SP 2009 R1 2008 Busa BeeWee M109R
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARBONAR1 View Post
Fvckin sick, dude. But you already knew that!
Did you notice the gold adjusters Ben? I still have mine but took them because you said they look like flowers That really hurt me and I still can't look at flora till this day

Sig by: You know who.
Knackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #56
Knackers
R1SP only the best will do

Bikes: 2006 R1SP 2009 R1 2008 Busa BeeWee M109R
Jovan, I have not seen this bike until today and I must say Faaaaaaaaaark, what a ripper of a bike. You must be proud and so you should be, standing ovation mate

Sig by: You know who.
Knackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #57
1OGR1
Veteran

Thanks for the kind words Trevmo Good luck on your project and hope things go as planned Just let me know if you have any questions regarding your build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevmo View Post
Very nice indeed! I hope to have more aftermarket stuff on my ride. It's cool that you ride the bike like it is supposed to be ridden. Good job on such a nice bike!

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
Old 11-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #58
1OGR1
Veteran

Thanks "mvera" for the kind words I was shocked that I made the feature in SSB magazine knowing that I didn't take 1st at MotoGP Laguna Seca this year but I am very honored that I was selected based on my long expensive list of upgrades I know I definitely put a lot of work & into my build which took me 7 1/2 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvera View Post
Beautiful build 10GR1 ! ! Bike came out insane. Congrats on the Feature..

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
Old 11-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #59
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Are you perchance going to Chuckwalla on Nov. 9 or Fontana on Dec. 8?
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #60
1OGR1
Veteran

No SakiBomb, I'm actually not. I live in Nor Cal now. I lived in So. Cal for 11 years and moved back up here in 2009. The tracks that are close to me now are Thunderhill Raceway, Infineon Raceway, and Laguna Seca I'll be entering the Custom Bike Buildoff at the International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo and Long Beach this month and next month

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb View Post
Are you perchance going to Chuckwalla on Nov. 9 or Fontana on Dec. 8?

LiVe LiFe To ThE FuLlEsT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement