FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 220 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #4381
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8

That looks like you were running pretty awesome. It sounded like it was pulling real hard....Good work Guys...
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread

Last edited by Tad158; 11-03-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Tad158 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #4382
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Bikes: 12 R1
sounds so good. im glad you like the map. please call me or let me know what you meant abut on off. one thing that is hard to do is set up a map for every track condition. i think this map would be perfect for high speed tracks like willow springs. how did it pull against other bikes on the straights. Thanks for testing it for me and look forward to your impressions.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #4383
dragginass
I eat my R1

The bike pulls awesome. My friend on his RSV4 behind me said he would pull me just a tiny bit in his upper RPM range, but that his bike, my bike, and another friend on an GSXR1000 were all very close. What I mean by the on/off throttle response is when I begin to roll thr throttle back on at the apex of a corner, its almost jerky. It's better with this map than others, and in STD mode its very manageable with any of the maps I've tried. I'm not sure tuning wise what we might need to look at to soften it up some, but I know its something that is "tuned" out of most F.I. bikes.

Other than that one issue I have no suggestions for improvement. Granted my butt dyno and right hand are only so sensitive, but I'm very happy with how the bike pulls and how it puts power down.
dragginass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #4384
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginass View Post
The bike pulls awesome. My friend on his RSV4 behind me said he would pull me just a tiny bit in his upper RPM range, but that his bike, my bike, and another friend on an GSXR1000 were all very close. What I mean by the on/off throttle response is when I begin to roll thr throttle back on at the apex of a corner, its almost jerky. It's better with this map than others, and in STD mode its very manageable with any of the maps I've tried. I'm not sure tuning wise what we might need to look at to soften it up some, but I know its something that is "tuned" out of most F.I. bikes.

Other than that one issue I have no suggestions for improvement. Granted my butt dyno and right hand are only so sensitive, but I'm very happy with how the bike pulls and how it puts power down.
so do you feel they might have a little more power then you still even after this map still. i mean if there stock bike with basic bolt ons then im going to amp this map even more. i already have one but i wanted to wait till later to try it. and also at what rpm range can you tell me it seemed like this
Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #4385
cheong1106
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2012 R1 50th Anniversary #250
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post

PS: as for the HM (PLUS) quickshifter - just plug it in without any further PCV or ECU settings. I tested it again today as snow melted with GP shift pattern and it works just f...ing great
Hey Marider, can u elaborate more on "plug it in"? Do u mean plug it into the ecu or just the standard HM shifter installed normally.

I looked at it and I'm thinking of splicing the wires coming from the strain gauge and hook up a volt meter to see what it's doing in terms of signal outputs. Then from there wire it direct to ECU so the ecu handles the various kill times across the different rpms and throttle positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #4386
porphyriac
the R1 won

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
Is there a link to the dyno'ed map? I'm about to have to reflash to add in QS settings, would be handy to do both at once.
+1!!!

Link us up!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #4387
marider
Feel the speed attack!

Bikes: Modded R1'09 /ex:R1'07+2xR1'03+R6'03
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheong1106 View Post
Hey Marider, can u elaborate more on "plug it in"? Do u mean plug it into the ecu or just the standard HM shifter installed normally.

I looked at it and I'm thinking of splicing the wires coming from the strain gauge and hook up a volt meter to see what it's doing in terms of signal outputs. Then from there wire it direct to ECU so the ecu handles the various kill times across the different rpms and throttle positions.
I know what you mean with diff kill times but I wasn't sure how to attach it to PC V or ECU (manual is not clear again) so just installed it straight to the coils with the YK loom (doesn't matter which way you plug it in). My settings are 85% sensitivity and 65 ms kill time.

dragginass - nice vid!

EU 09 R1:
full Akrapovic Evo2,F-T'd ECU,Bazzaz ZFi-TC+Z-AFM,Marchesinis,Ohlins damper+FPK108+.95 springs,q'Ohlins r.shock,
Brembo RCS/w Hel&Braking SK rotors,Graves block offs,Clutch Kit,Fabbri screen,GYTR:sliders,clutch sliders,gel seat+cowl,Gilles VCR+Variobar,Gregg's Flushmount,-1/+1 sprockets,CustomLED mod. 3/4Dyno:170.1 RWHP,77 Tq.
marider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:05 AM   #4388
cheong1106
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2012 R1 50th Anniversary #250
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
I know what you mean with diff kill times but I wasn't sure how to attach it to PC V or ECU (manual is not clear again) so just installed it straight to the coils with the YK loom (doesn't matter which way you plug it in). My settings are 85% sensitivity and 65 ms kill time.

dragginass - nice vid!
Wow. I'm using around 75% Sens and 80/85ms kill. Gotta check. I was taking FT kill times as reference. Wouldn't mind trying your sensitivity and killtimes. What rpms you use it at?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #4389
vcyclenut
me r1 to eats P***y

Bikes: 2012 r1 anniversary #141 2006 fz6
Quote:

go into the fly by wire settings and for each gear above 5500 from 0-1% throttle put 2's in. I entered 3's in every gear but first but others have had bad results with this so start conservative. for me its smooth as silk coming from closed throttle and re opening it. no bump at all!!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #4390
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1q7B...ature=youtu.be

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t1q7BSAgLIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is video from todays trackday. I was running R1evo's map in STD mode. I tried it in A mode in the morning but I found the on-off throttle response to still be too abrupt for me in A mode. The bike pulled like a rocket though. Excuse the sloppy riding, it was the last session of the day and I was exhausted. The quickshifter worked awesome, so my problem was indeed the harness connection I referenced earlier. I'll post more vids later.
i pm you my phone number. if you can call me would be great or pm me your number and ill call you
Old 11-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #4391
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
I can't help but LOL a bit at the secretive nature of this map situation. No one wants to post any links or explain the nature of changes being made.. it's baffling. This isn't MotoGP, it's a community.. the more information there is, the better it is for everyone.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-04-2012 at 09:43 AM.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #4392
R1evolution
I eat my R1

well to be honest i had picked a few members that tried the maps as is with out making changes on there own to there liking. I have explained it in a few of my last posts and until now there have been skeptics on if i even made a difference. i am still working on more maps and would like to disclose it at the end of what i do. I have spent many of hours looking at these maps and finding faults in them,but i wanted to make sure i was going in the right direction before i post up anything. as you said in one of your previous post i dont want anyone to have any (fuel timing issues ) that might harm there engines.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #4393
AKDMA
I eat my R1

So why not openly and specifically discuss the changes that are being made and discuss the "faults" you're finding? Seeing that you aren't a tuner, one would assume you'd want feedback on the changes being made and clarification that they aren't in fact potentially harmful. Not disclosing these changes and simply sharing the maps with a select few who are willing to test them without explanation seems far more risky. Would it not be wiser to post them under a disclaimer so that everyone can examine and verify that the changes you make are a good thing/safe? The more knowledgeable input we have and if everyone is working together, I feel like progress will go along much quicker.

Edit: In the end, it's your decision and I respect that. I just see that clearly we're making improvements, based on the most recent dyno and it'd be great to take that even further.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-04-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #4394
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
So why not openly and specifically discuss the changes that are being made and discuss the "faults" you're finding? Seeing that you aren't a tuner, one would assume you'd want feedback on the changes being made and clarification that they aren't in fact potentially harmful. Not disclosing these changes and simply sharing the maps with a select few who are willing to test them without explanation seems far more risky. Would it not be wiser to post them under a disclaimer so that everyone can examine and verify that the changes you make are a good thing/safe? The more knowledgeable input we have and if everyone is working together, I feel like progress will go along much quicker.

Edit: In the end, it's your decision and I respect that. I just see that clearly we're making improvements, based on the most recent dyno and it'd be great to take that even further.
so im not a tuner. what is a tuner. To give you some back ground i am Certified AEM EMS tuner for there stand alone engine managment system.
i have tuned Super charged Nsx's, Lancer Evolutions, and other cars. Yes this is my 1st time tuning a bike but really engine is an engine. I have spent a ton of hours looking at this software and maps to find these bugs and have told FT about them. Also FT released maps with holes in them that all of you are running. I was told By FT that what i found wasnt a high priority on his list of things to fix. so i went a head and made my own maps based on other maps that had been made. these holes are in almost every single map that everyone is running. So i kept this info to my self to test and find out before i really started stepping on toes. i know im new here,but not new to the world of tuning. once again im not sure what is considered a tuner to most ,but i feel i am.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #4395
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Generally speaking, most tuning is done while closely monitoring engine conditions and measuring AFR and on a dyno. When you are very vague and say things like "going to amp this map even more.", it doesn't make much sense to me. Why would you as a tuner, leave power on the table? This is why I am suggesting that you are clear and specify the changes you're making, otherwise how is one to know that it's a safe or even beneficial change? This isn't proprietary information here, let's be open and clear about the changes being made. I'd hate to see one of these testers lose a piston.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #4396
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
Generally speaking, most tuning is done while closely monitoring engine conditions and measuring AFR and on a dyno. When you are very vague and say things like "going to amp this map even more.", it doesn't make much sense to me. Why would you as a tuner, leave power on the table? This is why I am suggesting that you are clear and specify the changes you're making, otherwise how is one to know that it's a safe or even beneficial change? This isn't proprietary information here, let's be open and clear about the changes being made. I'd hate to see one of these testers lose a piston.
to clairfy.. amp up it was just meant as metaphor. The reason i didnt try for max power was i wanted to make different stages of power. I dont know how half of the people on here ride. and even with a disclaimer i didnt want something to happen to someone for making the bike to powerful. I have been working on low end and mid range power levels. But let me ask you a question did you just load up the 91 + map from FT when it came out or did you dyno tune your bike or load a map that one of the others posted up.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #4397
n4speed
I eat my R1

Bikes: 09 Yamaha R1
hi all.. it seems people are getting upset here.. i will post more charts tomorow.. as far as R1Evolution maps, in my opinion are a great improvement.. i can just thank R1Evo for his input and work.. i tested several maps.. i talked to the local tuner and company that suports several yamaha riders here and he liked very much what he saw.. he was very impressed, even more comparing with some other tuned bikes that he did, one of those with an exhaust from a motogp yamaha 2004 M1...

i will be at the syno again next week with the revised map..

at this point, i will not share any map, beacause it's not mine to share..

happy ridding.. and once again.. thanks R1Evolution
Stomp Grip Pads
Integrated tail ligth
Double Bubble Screen
GoodRidge Brake Lines
Addon Radiator
HM QuickShifter
n4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #4398
AKDMA
I eat my R1

I'm most certainly not getting upset, just to clarify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1evolution View Post
to clairfy.. amp up it was just meant as metaphor. The reason i didnt try for max power was i wanted to make different stages of power. I dont know how half of the people on here ride. and even with a disclaimer i didnt want something to happen to someone for making the bike to powerful. I have been working on low end and mid range power levels. But let me ask you a question did you just load up the 91 + map from FT when it came out or did you dyno tune your bike or load a map that one of the others posted up.
I think that everyone in this thread wants the maximum amount of power they can safely achieve. That's likely a given. Throttle response is a different thing, but that's controlled by our different modes and YCC-T, so I don't see why one would willingly make a less powerful map. Doesn't make sense to me.
To answer your question, I ran the 91+map with a PCV map (tried several) loaded onto it. Then switched to Peen's V2 map, then lastly tried the N4speed map. If FT can make it so that we can import a PCV map with the same results as an actual PCV with the same map loaded, I'll be golden as I have a couple of auto tune maps that make good power throughout and are at a safe AFR.

I want to be clear, I'm glad you're doing what you're doing, we all want faster and better bikes. But in my eyes, it's very strange to make changes without disclosing what they are and why you've made them. Also, users flash maps at their own risk, so there's no need to protect people from this - unless you feel your maps are unsafe to flash.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #4399
R1evolution
I eat my R1

as we all know the 91+ map from FT is not the best and to use it as a base is a bad idea in my opinion. and all of the maps you have stated all use it as there base to bulid on. I can respect where your coming from as far as your bike. My bike means alot to me and also cost alot. if you would like to know what i did i am willing to give you a call or we can chat in skype if you have time.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #4400
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
dragginass ,your speedo doesn't go past 152 mph in the vid, even with rpm's still rising. Any reason for this, or cause?
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement