Post found in Kawasaki forum : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Blue Streak
I've fallen and I can't get up

Bikes: 2000 Yamaha R1
Post found in Kawasaki forum

I am looking through the forum due to my newly acquired ZX6 track bike and stumble across this idiot's post.

What I can't believe is the "support" the guy is getting. Total stupid squid in my books! I had to post my thoughts on the matter...

Obviously helmets only save brains if you have one to begin with.

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-6r...ry-inside.html
Blue Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Flexxx
*Insert Witty Phrase Here*

Bikes: A couple 09 R1's, 07 zx6r(sold), 05 R6(sold), 03 R1(sold)
yea I saw it too. I just got a zx6r tracker myself. Just proves the "tool" shed is big enough to accommodate all forums.

Just for the record, the R1 Forum shiuttts all over other forums.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON JOIN HERE

My 09 R1 Build

Flexxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Got off the off ramp too fast, giant chicken strips wouldn't grip and went down. What an asshat, Bell Helmet should bring back thier old '70's-'80's add, Got a $10 head wear an $10 helmet. Apparently his wasn't (isn't) worth even that much.
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
IMSTuner
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2008 R1
He is lucky he didn't get more hurt. What a dumb ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2008 R1 Black - Gold AVS C5 Levers, Puig DB Wind Screen, EvoTech Sliders Kit, T-Rex Clutch slider, Stomp Tank Pads, LeoVince Ti Factory Evo II CF end caps, Arko Y-Pipe, EvoTech Fender Elim., Proton Signals, PZRacing GearTronic Zero , Q2 tires, Flash-Tune Interface,Brembo RCS Ohlins FRT fork and TTX shock
My Build Thread http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336353

YouTube Page http://www.youtube.com/user/imstuner?feature=mhee
IMSTuner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
graphitegripper
I eat my R1

Bikes: Dark Silver 07 R1
Wow..... I love reading shit like this and seeing people down here in Florida take FULL advantage of our no helmet law..... It's nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Petrol_Spice
Seņor Citizen

Bikes: KTM RC8(S1) KTM 990 SDR
What a fu*ktard.

Tact was created by those lacking the mental dexterity for sarcasm. ~ Petrol_Spice

Petrol_Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #7
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Unless you strictly ride track only, if you own a motorcycle and street ride in Florida, 99% of the time you're a squid

Venom squad Annual Jennings Meet Up
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...97#post6189297

R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
Petrol_Spice
Seņor Citizen

Bikes: KTM RC8(S1) KTM 990 SDR
Dude, I live in the Australian equivalent of Florida. It's 95+ here in Summer and Winter is probably 76 at the worst. I'm not saying we don't have squids, but they are rare; and because it's illegal you never see anyone on a bike without a helmet. Squid is a lifestyle choice not a weather choice.

Mind you I'll ride in Kevlar Jeans in summer but that's with Jacket/Gloves and Boots as well. If I go up the hills it's Leather everything.

Tact was created by those lacking the mental dexterity for sarcasm. ~ Petrol_Spice

Petrol_Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
Blue Streak
I've fallen and I can't get up

Bikes: 2000 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Unless you strictly ride track only, if you own a motorcycle and street ride in Florida, 99% of the time you're a squid
Florida has about 19M Pop. and "almost" no helmet law. California has doble the POPS and a Helmet law. Per capita Florida had well over double the amount of motorcycle fatalities - hmmm - I wonder if helmets (or lack thereof) had anything to do with that.

Maybe it's one of Florida's ways of population control

I have seen to many guys (some friends) with skin grafts because they wiped out w/o wearing proper gear. And one guy with brains all over the road beacause he was weraing a $10.00 helmet. No Helmet would have = cant find his head anywhere....
Blue Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
I hear ya. Florida is crap because every road is straight and a lot of city to city highway. I can't stand the roads here so I switched to track only.

I'd rather spend the money on tires at the track than to spend it on gas and tires putting miles to get to 3-4 pathetic turns.

All the guys around here love the no helmet law and love screaming down i4/i95 begging to be scraped off the roads by shovel. I can't stand it.

But I fully support the no helmet law, I believe they have the choice. I wish we didn't have seatbelt laws either, it's my right to care if I chance flying through the windshield. Granted I choose to wear my helmet and my seatbelt anyways, I still like having the choice

Venom squad Annual Jennings Meet Up
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...97#post6189297

R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post

But I fully support the no helmet law, I believe they have the choice. I wish we didn't have seatbelt laws either, it's my right to care if I chance flying through the windshield. Granted I choose to wear my helmet and my seatbelt anyways, I still like having the choice

I see it as a personal choice, you aren't killing anyone but yourself by not wearing one I like Texas's helmet law. You don't have to wear a helmet but you must carry personal injury insurance or have taken the MSF course if you choose to do so. That why if you fvck yourself up, the taxpayers aren't footing the bill. Nothing really to do about the MSF course exemption but for all others.

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Last edited by rexmitchell; 11-05-2012 at 10:27 AM.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #12
shhaker
over da hump.....

Bikes: 2004 R1//2007 GSX-R600 sold, 2012 Aprilia RSV4 FACTORY
i was hoping he would show pics of his head...i liked the comment of the guy who said i wanna see what stupid looks like!!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #13
MAG1C
Banned

Bikes: 04 shift red R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick kurt View Post
Got off the off ramp too fast, giant chicken strips wouldn't grip and went down. What an asshat.

Thats what I was thinking see the size of those ****ing things !
MAG1C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhaker View Post
i was hoping he would show pics of his head...i liked the comment of the guy who said i wanna see what stupid looks like!!

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #15
Darquechild010
I eat my R1

Lmfao!!! Retard is an understatement!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Darquechild010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement