FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 222 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #4421
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Bikes: 12 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach.81 View Post
R1evo
Please list any other anomalies that you think you found with the software.

Good catch with the proportion percentage bug. Did you find other bugs? I didn't see that myself. Guess that's why we're here. I agree 91+ maps.

When you get the data logger setup up and running I (we) would love to see the AFR readings for the closed loop area. Question regarding the O2 sensors.
Reading I've done shows latency and reversionary problems with the wide band O2 sensors at low rpm/throttle settings. How do you plan on tuning the closed loop area or is this the reason for all the testing.
How are you determining what is too much timing?
yes.. the 91+ map as a base is a bad idea. and most of them that everyone is running is based on that map.

one major thing that i have said before is that when you adjust a value in value mode to doesnt change the percentage. if it does its not much or way off. timing fuel YCC proportioning all of them in one way or another. There a a lot of - percentages. which means there below stock. so if this map was supposed to be better then why would they make throttle less then stock. and the sad thing is that these maps are still being used to make new maps, And still offered as a flash and go for us all to use.

Last edited by R1evolution; 11-04-2012 at 11:08 PM.
R1evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #4422
SySt
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2007 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
Good information Syst and Mach.81, I didn't know that. Sounds like it could be the issue.
For best results, go to the diag mode and energize the EFI circuit to power up the PCV properly. Now set the min and max TPS voltages while in the diag mode. If you don't energize the EFI circuit it will not work. To energize the EFI circuit you can jump 12v+ into one of the injector connectors or the fuel pump connector. Be careful and consult the wiring diagram if you're in doubt.

If you set the min TPS voltage with the engine at idle, you will offset the map once it's loaded into Flashtune because on the ECU fuel maps 0% TPS is with a closed throttle, not a slightly open throttle such as during engine idle.
SySt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #4423
Mach.81
J58

Bikes: Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1evolution View Post
yes.. the 91+ map as a base is a bad idea. and most of them that everyone is running is based on that map.

one major thing that i have said before is that when you adjust a value in value mode to doesnt change the percentage. if it does its not much or way off. timing fuel YCC proportioning all of them in one way or another.

So youre saying: when making value changes in fuel/ignition maps the percentages applied are off or incorrect. How are you determining whats the correct percentages for the changes? Stock values math applied?
Mach.81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:25 PM   #4424
Mach.81
J58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SySt View Post
For best results, go to the diag mode and energize the EFI circuit to power up the PCV properly. Now set the min and max TPS voltages while in the diag mode. If you don't energize the EFI circuit it will not work. To energize the EFI circuit you can jump 12v+ into one of the injector connectors or the fuel pump connector. Be careful and consult the wiring diagram if you're in doubt.

If you set the min TPS voltage with the engine at idle, you will offset the map once it's loaded into Flashtune because on the ECU fuel maps 0% TPS is with a closed throttle, not a slightly open throttle such as during engine idle.
Funny do you know why dynojet gets us to set up min voltage at idle? What do they know?
What the reasoning behind this?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #4425
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
So youre saying: when making value changes in fuel/ignition maps the percentages applied are off or incorrect. How are you determining whats the correct percentages for the changes? Stock values math applied?
i have looked at a few fuel logs that i have seen from some of the maps tried on here and also dyno sheets with the AF on them.

if you pull up a stock map and the 91 + and look at them you can see the differences. and if you compare most of the maps the 91+ you will see that the percentage havent changed from the 91+ map.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #4426
Mach.81
J58

Sounds good..thx for the heads up. How are you determining advanced ignition timing values? Tuning then feedback from testers?

Last edited by Mach.81; 11-04-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #4427
v1025566
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SySt View Post
Where are you getting that? Absolutely not, I would recommend the opposite: TPS vs RPM selection. The only thing I explained is that either selection can be made. For instance, if I was to run a supercharger or turbocharger I probably would use the MAP vs RPM only option.
thanks, that's what I was after. When you hover over it to get the explanation of what it does in the updated version it brings up about the fan temperature.
v1025566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #4428
Mach.81
J58

SyST
May try this : PCV WOT voltage calibration.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...ps+diag&page=2

Cheers
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 AM   #4429
Halo_2
R1, art of engineering

Bikes: 09 R1 + 04 R1
Im suprised they havent made a ecu mod to change fahrenheit to celsius
Halo_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #4430
SySt
I eat my R1

Quote:
Funny do you know why dynojet gets us to set up min voltage at idle? What do they know?
What the reasoning behind this?
Since the engine doesn't really operate in TPS values below the idle TPS value. When engine breaking in gear the injectors shut off anyways. Scaling 0 still equals 0.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #4431
SySt
I eat my R1

Quote:
SyST
May try this : PCV WOT voltage calibration.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...ps+diag&page=2

Cheers
That'll probably accomplish the same thing. You may want to try both and compare. It's probably unlikely but the servo may open the butterflies slightly less when the bike is at WOT than when you are holding them open. In other words, the mechanical stop of the butterflies may occur beyond WOT. Just something to think about and maybe verify.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #4432
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
go into the fly by wire settings and for each gear above 5500 from 0-1% throttle put 2's in. I entered 3's in every gear but first but others have had bad results with this so start conservative. for me its smooth as silk coming from closed throttle and re opening it. no bump at all!!
Ok, I`m trying to wrap my head around this value vs percent bug that R1evo has talked about. The percent view really looks out of whack
This is just for testing so I haven`t tried it on the bike yet. I have entered 1`s instead of zero`s in the two first columns from 5000 up.

First pic is in value mode, left side map with the adjustments, right side map before adjustment!

Second pic is percent mode(even tho the drop down menu still shows value), again left side map with the adjustments, rightside map before adjustment.

How can a bug like this NOT be high on the bugfix priority list

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #4433
Mach.81
J58

Thx for the info SyST. Interested to see the comparison. Also have you figured out what specifically causes he injectors to shut off? Is it the min TPS voltage the ecu see's or is it the throttle mapping "0" or combination of both? A lot of this popping on decel is caused by this shut-off injector sh*t.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #4434
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
This is just for testing so I haven`t tried it on the bike yet. I have entered 1`s instead of zero`s in the two first columns from 5000 up.

Please report back your opinions on that, especially in A mode!
Quote:
How are you determining advanced ignition timing values? Tuning then feedback from testers?
This is also what I'm trying to understand.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-05-2012 at 07:49 AM.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #4435
n4speed
I eat my R1

Bikes: 09 Yamaha R1
That's not all... if you use the 1.2.20 version.. same values.. diferent percentages.. if i knew what i know now, i would never flash my bike.. the EU map with power comander is better.. i saw that on the dyno with a bike of a friend of mine... only on the top end the bike as a little more..
Stomp Grip Pads
Integrated tail ligth
Double Bubble Screen
GoodRidge Brake Lines
Addon Radiator
HM QuickShifter
n4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #4436
Mach.81
J58

DynoJet sells a secondary ignition module that allows up to 20* advancement. Haven't been that ambitious yet.
Cheers

Here's the link. Not so sure I'ed use 20* advancement
http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...on_module.aspx

Last edited by Mach.81; 11-05-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Wrong numbers!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #4437
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Flux, I think that stems from changes in the ETV slider....
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #4438
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
Flux, I think that stems from changes in the ETV slider....
Don`t think so! Both maps are with the sliders at 0!!

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #4439
R1evolution
I eat my R1

something im having a issue with is the fact that you all have been running these maps in your bike well before i got to the boards or even known about the software.

The only reason i even started looking at this was because my bike ran like crap from Yamaha.

so enter me. i start looking at all the number and trying to get a feel for the software and try to figure out how i can make my bike better. i commute everyday on my bike so i wanted it to be better. then i start to find bug i make some adjustment the way i like on my bike and realize that the adjustments i made worked better and better. I just figured that stock was a 0 % seeing how thats what it is on the stock map. so i built upon that 0 was my stock number and saw all of the negative number in the YCC and said to my self why would they be less then stock and noticed the power commander maps where pulling fuel in the areas of the negative numbered areas. which means to me that its not getting enough air or to much fuel .but seeing how they where all negative number (below stock) i decided to make a few ycc changes and you guys said it was a better response already. now these adjustments where brought back to stock level. then adjusted a head by just a few percent where people said they had on off throttle.

i had already made these adjustments on my bike as well and noticed a large difference in the response. so before i ever made changes to your maps i trid them on mine 1st.

So i think for now i will keep my adjustments and bug i find to my self. I dont want to keep getting at why i did what i did. we should just be focusing on what i found... the bug that could of caused major engine damage and other issues,but i havent heard anyone say thanks. that could of been a bad thing for us. especially when many of you guys track your bike and go canyon riding.

If i wouldnt of tried the changes on my bike already i wouldnt of made the changes to these maps. So i will refrain from telling anymore bugs that i have found and how to work around them.

Let be honest if i found a way around the bug or fixed it with some adjustments after only knowing the software after a week and said something.

Why isnt FT on here telling all of us hey guys im working on this and so forth.
there has been no help from him,but i have.

so i will wait till i get more information about what and why i did what i did.
so i wont be posting the new bugs in software till i find out for sure what the impact will be.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #4440
SoloStunna99
I eat my R1

Bikes: '11 r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1evolution View Post
something im having a issue with is the fact that you all have been running these maps in your bike well before i got to the boards or even known about the software.

The only reason i even started looking at this was because my bike ran like crap from Yamaha.

so enter me. i start looking at all the number and trying to get a feel for the software and try to figure out how i can make my bike better. i commute everyday on my bike so i wanted it to be better. then i start to find bug i make some adjustment the way i like on my bike and realize that the adjustments i made worked better and better. I just figured that stock was a 0 % seeing how thats what it is on the stock map. so i built upon that 0 was my stock number and saw all of the negative number in the YCC and said to my self why would they be less then stock and noticed the power commander maps where pulling fuel in the areas of the negative numbered areas. which means to me that its not getting enough air or to much fuel .but seeing how they where all negative number (below stock) i decided to make a few ycc changes and you guys said it was a better response already. now these adjustments where brought back to stock level. then adjusted a head by just a few percent where people said they had on off throttle.

i had already made these adjustments on my bike as well and noticed a large difference in the response. so before i ever made changes to your maps i trid them on mine 1st.

So i think for now i will keep my adjustments and bug i find to my self. I dont want to keep getting at why i did what i did. we should just be focusing on what i found... the bug that could of caused major engine damage and other issues,but i havent heard anyone say thanks. that could of been a bad thing for us. especially when many of you guys track your bike and go canyon riding.

If i wouldnt of tried the changes on my bike already i wouldnt of made the changes to these maps. So i will refrain from telling anymore bugs that i have found and how to work around them.

Let be honest if i found a way around the bug or fixed it with some adjustments after only knowing the software after a week and said something.

Why isnt FT on here telling all of us hey guys im working on this and so forth.
there has been no help from him,but i have.

so i will wait till i get more information about what and why i did what i did.
so i wont be posting the new bugs in software till i find out for sure what the impact will be.
Keep doing what you do man. There are alot of folks up here that appreciate what you do
SOLD - track whore - '08 CBR1000RR
SOLD - '09 R1
track whore - '11 r1 (flashed ECU)
SoloStunna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement