09-13 R1 Affordable Works Radiator - Page 6 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Vendors and Group Purchases Group Purchases and Vendor sales.
GPs CAN BE SET UP BY PAYING ADVERTISERS ONLY!
Please report all unsolicited e-mail as a result of posts.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #101
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfkenny2009 View Post
Brian Livengood has done all the work on my r1 and he has recommended this radiator to me! It got really hot at road Atlanta over 200 and that's not even running hard. As soon as i get my new Graves exhaust on it's going on mine! That would be on less thang to worry about.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks for posting kenny.

Brian was a big help in us having a place to test this radiator. He was also my biggest critic when he heard what my plans were. I brought the prototype over to his shop on our R1 and he was very skeptical before we even tested it. But once he saw what the unit was capable of doing his first question was when can we get these?!?! The fit and finish is top notch! And coming with a rock guard was definitely a priority! I wanted to make sure that each customer who bought the unit was able to protect their investment without having to pay more to do so.

Vegas,

If your skeptical please call Livengood motorsports, Myself or Even CSF who has manufactured these for me. I have given you my number and I believe you have already talked to Ravi over at CSF's Racing Division. If you need anything whether it is support or just general questions please do not hesitate to ask. Again I do apologize for not being able to respond last week in a timely manner as you know I was out of the country with ZERO internet connection for my honeymoon.

For everyone Else,

I am working on our new website to include motorcycle parts and it should be up soon. I have a holder page for the website located here: http://underground-alliance.com/
We have been heavily involved in the Car scene and are former club motorcycle racers in WERA and CCS. Once we have the new website up and running you guys wil be able to purchase through our website. Until then please PM me with your orders or call me 678.873.8705 from 8AM-10PM EST.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike@UAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #102
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Vegas,

It was good talking to you this morning and I look forward to your review of the product!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #103
Vega$r1
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2009 R1(sold); 2007 Ducati 1098S; 2002 R1
Good talking to you too Mike, will look forward to receiving the radiator and will definitely post up a review here, thanks
Vega$r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #104
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Vegas should have his radiator tomorrow
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #105
jhoffmann
Always Safe, Never Slow

Bikes: 2010 R1
I'll be getting mine next week!!

Talking with Mike, appreciate all of the info Mike, just getting funds lined up from sponsor and will be getting that to Mike next week. I'll be happy to post up initial review from bike build, won't be able to post anything until early next season when actually run it though.
jhoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #106
tfs32
Your local Race Tire Dist.

Bikes: 07 R6 09 R1
Pm sent.

Thanks to my 2014 Sponsors
Pirelli - Good Grip Racing - Velocity Calibrations - Imo's Pizza
MCRA Expert GT #32
Follow me at https://www.facebook.com/TSpeckerracing
tfs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #107
marider
Feel the speed attack!

Bikes: Modded R1'09 /ex:R1'07+2xR1'03+R6'03
Good work and nice price compared to one here: http://www.ukracesupport.co.uk/YamahaR1.htm#Engine (you can use cheaper option and go with CBR radiator some people use). I just flushed mine with coolant+ added some water wetter + 1.6 bar cap to keep her cooler but I'm using my bike on streets.

EU 09 R1:
full Akrapovic Evo2,F-T'd ECU,Bazzaz ZFi-TC+Z-AFM,Marchesinis,Ohlins damper+FPK108+.95 springs,q'Ohlins r.shock,
Brembo RCS/w Hel&Braking SK rotors,Graves block offs,Clutch Kit,Fabbri screen,GYTR:sliders,clutch sliders,gel seat+cowl,Gilles VCR+Variobar,Gregg's Flushmount,-1/+1 sprockets,CustomLED mod. 3/4Dyno:170.1 RWHP,77 Tq.
marider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #108
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfs32 View Post
Pm sent.
Pm'd
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #109
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
Good work and nice price compared to one here: http://www.ukracesupport.co.uk/YamahaR1.htm#Engine (you can use cheaper option and go with CBR radiator some people use). I just flushed mine with coolant+ added some water wetter + 1.6 bar cap to keep her cooler but I'm using my bike on streets.
I worked with Skip Salenious when he was running his R1. Sad thing though the CBR radiator of his got cracked and punctured on the first race day. Its also not designed for the heat this motor produces. That is why we designed this radiator to address this bikes heating issues.

Mike
Old 10-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #110
marider
Feel the speed attack!

Bikes: Modded R1'09 /ex:R1'07+2xR1'03+R6'03
You did great job with this radiator and it's pity that R1 engines blow away from overheating under heavy track treatment. I just heard that people use CBR radiator sometimes (low cost) that's why I wrote about. For me my rad mods (and Samco hoses I got yesterday) are enough but it's a good idea to keep the engine and airbox cooler anyway and there are few tricks for that. Here's the car example: http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...r/viewall.html (on bikes it works similar way).

EU 09 R1:
full Akrapovic Evo2,F-T'd ECU,Bazzaz ZFi-TC+Z-AFM,Marchesinis,Ohlins damper+FPK108+.95 springs,q'Ohlins r.shock,
Brembo RCS/w Hel&Braking SK rotors,Graves block offs,Clutch Kit,Fabbri screen,GYTR:sliders,clutch sliders,gel seat+cowl,Gilles VCR+Variobar,Gregg's Flushmount,-1/+1 sprockets,CustomLED mod. 3/4Dyno:170.1 RWHP,77 Tq.
marider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #111
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Several radiators are sold. I am starting to run low on stock. I am opening up the offer for deposits on remaining stock and the next order.

Mike
Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #112
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

DIY Install:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...29#post5384129
Old 10-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #113
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

We will have a Bike at SEMA this year in Vegas! Check us out at Booth #:21533 in the CENTRAL HALL!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #114
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

For those of you living near Las Vegas from Oct. 30th - Nov. 2nd we will be at the SEMA show! Feel free to stop by the booth and sign up for the "WORKS" Give away!!! That is right come by the booth and come see the product and we will enter you in for a chance to win your own "works" radiator!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:10 PM   #115
Hoove
Stock Sucks

Bikes: 2009 R1 "under construction"
Ill be stopping by your booth tomorrow for sure!
Hoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #116
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Hoove Thanks for stopping by today! It was a pleasure speaking with you! We received A LOT of support this year at the show and it is looking like most of the radiators may be spoken for!!! Everyone wants one after getting the chance to see and hold the unit in person.

Tomorrow is our last day! Be there before 3pm as I will be riding her out of the booth at 3PM-4PM...
Old 11-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #117
Hoove
Stock Sucks

Bikes: 2009 R1 "under construction"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@UAM View Post
Hoove Thanks for stopping by today! It was a pleasure speaking with you! We received A LOT of support this year at the show and it is looking like most of the radiators may be spoken for!!! Everyone wants one after getting the chance to see and hold the unit in person.

Tomorrow is our last day! Be there before 3pm as I will be riding her out of the booth at 3PM-4PM...
Nice meeting you Mike and yes nice radiators.
Hoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #118
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

First of all I would like to say thank you to all the members that came out to see us in the CSF booth! I hope everyone who had the opportunity to see the product first hand are as impressed with it as I am. We did have a winner of the radiator however it wasn't a member of this forum. The winner was a Jeff Gray of California.

I still have a few of these left in stock and would like to give you guys a chance to pick them up. SEMA was good to us this year and a lot of people are already putting their names on a order list. I have reserved a few units just for the forum so please give me a call to reserve yours! These will not last as I have an overwhelming demand for these outside of the forum.

Mike
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #119
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Pre-Thanksgiving BUMP. I have one unit left in our east coast warehouse and about 5 on the west coast.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 AM   #120
Mike@UAM
I eat my R1

Hoove,

Thanks for your deposit. I cant wait to see this on your bike

Guys we have several deposits in for units. I am still extending the deposit offer until the end of the year. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Also VegasR1 has the unit on his bike and I along with others are waiting for his review and DIY install. So stay tuned...

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement