FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 223 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #4441
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Me included, I just want to make sure it's all on the up and up. Plus, I like learning. Don't feel like I'm being too critical, just wanting some info on your methods.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #4442
Biricchino
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2010 R1 valentino rossi
R1evo,After flashing with your map, my bike is from another world, keep doing what you are doing, I'm grateful to you for wake up the monster on my bike....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Biricchino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #4443
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Bikes: 12 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biricchino View Post
R1evo,After flashing with your map, my bike is from another world, keep doing what you are doing, I'm grateful to you for wake up the monster on my bike....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
ty sir... i looked at your AF logs and they looked good.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #4444
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStunna99 View Post
Keep doing what you do man. There are alot of folks up here that appreciate what you do
Ty ... i think you will be very happy with this map. just let me know when you will send me your ecu.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #4445
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
Don`t think so! Both maps are with the sliders at 0!!
If at any point you move the slider to a non zero value then put it back to zero those errors come in to play. So if you wanted to see a zero change map map you must start off with the stock map....When you open the 91+ map it comes up with the sliders non zero....right? Then you move them back to zero....therefore the engine braking corrections mess up the map.

I had a discussion with Chris about this, and it is because he computes the changes that the engine braking sliders make based on a single gear/cylinder map, and then applies the change to all of the maps, and when you undo that change, it returns it to what the map was for that gear/cylinder. He does not make the calculation for each gear/cylinder.
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #4446
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
OK, getting ready to flash to add in QS settings. Any recommendations for a map (that's readily available for download)?
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #4447
laxwendrof
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4speed View Post
That's not all... if you use the 1.2.20 version.. same values.. diferent percentages.. if i knew what i know now, i would never flash my bike.. the EU map with power comander is better.. i saw that on the dyno with a bike of a friend of mine... only on the top end the bike as a little more..
IMOPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, to all my r1 brothers here , R1 rn22 (US, Eu) on FT or PCV can only produces max. 165BHP with (3/4 system) and that is all!!!!!!!!!

To get more around 3-5BHP you must put yec 0.3 c.h.gasket and grinding 0.1-0.15

To get 172BHP you must add a full exh. system

To get 174BHP you must add v.stacks.

To get 178BHP you must porting c.head

And that is all

FT is great because gives you throttle characteristics and you can make this bike to feel it more powerful as it is .

Thanks R1evo for quick-throttle it is right direction

One more time sending graph from top power of Marider's engine (blue line EU PCV+AT)
Red one is base on fueling from old Lax/Marider map (partially n4speed) (just adhoc!!!!!!!!!!) but after our fuel correction the new map which r1evo modded the top end power is pretty similar to Marider blue base line.

Last edited by laxwendrof; 11-05-2012 at 12:55 PM.
laxwendrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #4448
SoloStunna99
I eat my R1

Bikes: '11 r1

Sounds good...!!!!!
SOLD - track whore - '08 CBR1000RR
SOLD - '09 R1
track whore - '11 r1 (flashed ECU)
SoloStunna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #4449
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
If at any point you move the slider to a non zero value then put it back to zero those errors come in to play. So if you wanted to see a zero change map map you must start off with the stock map....When you open the 91+ map it comes up with the sliders non zero....right? Then you move them back to zero....therefore the engine braking corrections mess up the map.

I had a discussion with Chris about this, and it is because he computes the changes that the engine braking sliders make based on a single gear/cylinder map, and then applies the change to all of the maps, and when you undo that change, it returns it to what the map was for that gear/cylinder. He does not make the calculation for each gear/cylinder.
Hmmm, very interesting..............and strange!

How do one go about finding a clean slate map with sliders at 0?

(I guess a stock map would work)

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies

Last edited by Powerflux; 11-05-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #4450
Mach.81
J58

Bikes: Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha
Post 4206
Friday I'll post my "0" map without the 12 updates. Stock no restrictions.
Cheers

Last edited by Mach.81; 11-05-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Mach.81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #4451
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Ok, I did a lil test here.
Started with the stock map in the FT prog, sliders at 0.
I then copied the TPS vs RPM values from the current map I run(R1evo) and in value mode things look great. Switching to percent mode and it really looks fvcked up!

Something must be seriously out of whack

M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Old 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #4452
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach.81 View Post
Post 4206
Friday I'll post my "0" map without the 12 updates. Stock no restrictions.
Cheers
Just out of curiosity, why a 12`map for a 09-11`bike?
Looking forward to seeing what you`ve got tho!!

M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Old 11-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #4453
SySt
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2007 R1
Quote:
I then copied the TPS vs RPM values from the current map I run(R1evo) and in value mode things look great. Switching to percent mode and it really looks fvcked up!

Which TPS vs RPM map are you talking about? Ignition, fuel or YCCT?
SySt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #4454
Tad158

Quote:

So there is a devide by zero issue as well....

Example: In the YCC-T map, in the 0 APS column the stock value is 0 ...so when you compute a % difference and lets say you change it to a 3 like VC does...you compute: %_diff_from_stock=(3-0)*100/0=NAN(Not a number) or what ever number it happens to plop into the cell....which is typically a large number.

So that could be the root of some of these issues in the % diffrence view. I have checked this in columns that re not zero stock and as far as I can tell there is no issue. It only shows up when the stock value is close to zero in an absolute sense. I can understand why Chris@F-T is not in a hurry to fix this issue, because it has to do more with the % difference being ill defined near zero absolute value than an error in his code.

In the end, I don't necessarily see what the real problem is, because the map that ends up in the ECU is what you see when you look at it in value mode, not % difference mode and if you are going to make a change make it in value.......
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread

Last edited by Tad158; 11-05-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #4455
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
So there is a devide by zero issue as well....

Example: In the YCC-T map, in the 0 APS column the stock value is 0 ...so when you compute a % difference and lets say you change it to a 3 like VC does...you compute: %_diff_from_stock=(3-0)*100/0=NAN(Not a number) or what ever number it happens to plop into the cell....which is typically a large number.

So that could be the root of some of these issues in the % diffrence view. I have checked this in columns that re not zero stock and as far as I can tell there is no issue. It only shows up when the stock value is close to zero in an absolute sense. I can understand why Chris@F-T is not in a hurry to fix this issue, because it has to do more with the % difference being ill defined near zero absolute value than an error in his code.

In the end, I don't necessarily see what the real problem is, because the map that ends up in the ECU is what you see when you look at it in value mode, not % difference mode and if you are going to make a change make it in value.......
the real root of the issue is the lack of communication to the people who are using it. I think Chris is real cool people but the business side is lacking only in the information provided to us. I knew this was a work in progress ,but lack of knowing or letting people know is what makes it hard for us. we all want to fix our bikes or mod them what ever. I just feel at times its like a bomb wait to go off. If he would of just hopped on here and told us. hey guy im doing such and such this is why . end of story with me. I mean i stare at maps for hours trying to figure out what and why he did it. I still want more from my bike and i know its there. This software is like a puzzle that you have to finish and has become a little over board for me. its like electronic crack.

one thing is that if you look at a 0 percent after you just click YCC race it changes the entire map and even 0 is plus 600% thats what has me most confused

Last edited by R1evolution; 11-05-2012 at 05:47 PM.
R1evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #4456
vcyclenut
me r1 to eats P***y

Bikes: 2012 r1 anniversary #141 2014 fz-09
they got rid of the race gas tunes, any idea why?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #4457
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
they got rid of the race gas tunes, any idea why?
no but i saw that when it updated but forgot to say something

not sure why
Old 11-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #4458
playero_loko
ARMY's Finest!

Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1, 2011 Yamaha R1, traded in 2009 Aprilia RSV 1000R, sold 2006 CBR 600RR
does anybody have a flash for a 2011 r1 with RLS exhaust?
playero_loko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 AM   #4459
vcyclenut
me r1 to eats P***y

Bikes: 2012 r1 anniversary #141 2014 fz-09
i also have just noticed they have did what i suggested a few pages back and dont let the ycct go to zero above 4-5000 rpm's
Old 11-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #4460
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by playero_loko View Post
does anybody have a flash for a 2011 r1 with RLS exhaust?
The exhaust brand does not really matter....as long as it is a 3/4 system....Check out the FAQ thread....
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement