Whats my bike worth : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

R1-012 `Phantom Squadron` MidWest USA: MI, IA, NE, OH, IL, IN , WI, MN, ND and SD

Old 11-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
"never more"
I eat my R1

Whats my bike worth

Hey guys its been a while since I was on last because I am still recovering from the wreck. I am facing two more surgeries, one of which will be fairly serious as far as a hand surgery goes(tendon transfer.) So I have finally decided to sell her and replace it when I get to the point I can ride again. The bike is an 06 raven with less than 10k on it. I have full akro evo 2 system, velocity stacks, dyno tuned, pc3, pilot power 2cts, one shorty lever and the other one got cracked in the wreck i beleive. Gilles rearsets and oviously a new plate bracket and then flushmounts up front. I think that is pretty much it for goodies. The bad is the handlebar cracked, there is a scratch on the swing arm, plastics are thrashed, and there is a dent but no crack in the tank. Question is what do you guys thing would be a fair place to start price wise for it? I have found a cage i wanna pick up and unloading this would make it alot easier. As always any input is greatly appreciated and I hope you are all well and had a good season this year for those of you who put yours away and the rest of you stay safe as the weather gets colder. This is one of the worst posts I have had to write
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Stonewall
ROWDY

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Sorry to hear the trouble you are going through. Post some pictures if you can to let the condition be seen for a good guesstimate.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
"never more"
I eat my R1

Thank you, its part of the game so I can't really complain ya know. I will have to take some pics tomorrow cuz I never thought id sell her. Ultimately, to ride it needs clipons and levers, to look pretty it needs lever bars, plastics and a tank, possibly a swingarm depending on how clean you want it, it has a small scratch on one side
Old 11-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Stonewall
ROWDY

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by "never more" View Post
Thank you, its part of the game so I can't really complain ya know. I will have to take some pics tomorrow cuz I never thought id sell her. Ultimately, to ride it needs clipons and levers, to look pretty it needs lever bars, plastics and a tank, possibly a swingarm depending on how clean you want it, it has a small scratch on one side
Post it in here, A lot of people looking for track bikes seems like.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Bikes: 04 R1
what he said, get pictures for a fair estimate. there are tons of people that would probably be willing to pick it up and the that kind of basic work if it's priced right.
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
"never more"
I eat my R1

will do, just not sure what its worth at this point so I cant post it till i figure that out. Ill get some pics and throw it out there and see if we have any takers, thanks for the input man.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
"never more"
I eat my R1

Thank Rory, how ya been man? how was your season?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
DerrickWade
I killed em Gilbert

Bikes: 2004 Yamaha R1 1972 Honda Z50 Mini Trail
Off the top of my head id guess $3500.

Courtesy of Petrol Spice
DerrickWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Bikes: 04 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by "never more" View Post
Thank Rory, how ya been man? how was your season?
my riding season had it's highs and lows. the high points, i got back on the track a few times after not riding it all for 7 years, i got new suspension bits in the front and a reworked rear shock that feel great. the low points: it was my lowest mileage season since i started riding 12-13 years ago by at least 1/2 the mileage and i didn't do a single road trip on the bike. my clutch is starting to go again (right on schedule).
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
"never more"
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickWade View Post
Off the top of my head id guess $3500.
That's kinda where i was thinkin maybe 4 if I could get a taker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
my riding season had it's highs and lows. the high points, i got back on the track a few times after not riding it all for 7 years, i got new suspension bits in the front and a reworked rear shock that feel great. the low points: it was my lowest mileage season since i started riding 12-13 years ago by at least 1/2 the mileage and i didn't do a single road trip on the bike. my clutch is starting to go again (right on schedule).
Wow I can't believe you didn't make a road trip, you were the road trip master but at least you got out on the track some that had to be a blast. Any season where is doesn't end like my last one is a good season though. I still get jealously every time I see someone on a bike and can't wait for the day I can getback on one!
Advertisement