Another ticket thread : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
cubic
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65
Another ticket thread

Hey everyone, so today i was going home from my ex's house, she lives 3 hoursfrom me. On the way, I got caught doing 25 Km/h's over the speed limit. On this road, people drive 20 over all the time and nobody gets pulled over. I had 2 seconds of inatention and got caught. Also, this is going slightly downhill.


Ive had my license since 16(21 now) and i have a clean driving record. Is there any way i could get out of this?

Maybe some people here are more used to this process?


I know i shouldnt have been going fast and all, but right now i am just trying to save those 3 points on my license
cubic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
R1nStang
Owner of the color changing R1
 
R1nStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 15,300
defensive driving. youll get probation. stay clean for a few months and its gone
__________________


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
my anus is just swollen.. Shut it!!!
R1nStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
greenc51
I eat my Night Rod
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Bikes: 05 Ninja 500 SOLD - 04 CBRF4i SOLD - 07 R6 SOLD - 04 Vulcan 800 bobber SOLD - 06 R1 SOLD - 2009 Night Rod Special =)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 530
this is your first ticket?
bah...go to court for it. they'll cut you a break since your record is clean and just make you pay the fine
greenc51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
R1nStang
Owner of the color changing R1
 
R1nStang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Location: Euless, TX
Posts: 15,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenc51 View Post
this is your first ticket?
bah...go to court for it. they'll cut you a break since your record is clean and just make you pay the fine
if he pays the fine then the ticket will go on his record. and he will get the points.
__________________


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
my anus is just swollen.. Shut it!!!
R1nStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
rorytsm
damn turkeys
 
rorytsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Bikes: 04 R1
Location: indiana
Posts: 29,372
keep in mind he's from a different country. the laws and regulations might be a bit different than the US.
__________________
Join Phantom Squadron
PDB and loving it! whoo hoo!
04 R1 - sunbeam yellow w/custom decals
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
KMac
SuperModerateur
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,280
Maybe so, but my opinion is universal: FTP! Fight that ticket and stick it to the MAN!!


__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!
 
Quietstorm1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
Location: Georgia
Posts: 89
Look into pleading "nolo contendere" (no contest). You can only use it like every 5 years in Geoegia. It really depends on the state you are in.

"The benefits of a Nolo plea on a Georgia Traffic Ticket could potentially be that no points are assessed and it may make it harder for a car insurance company to become aware of the infraction. Please note a Nolo plea never prevents a commercial disqualification.

Additionally, a No Contest Plea is not an admission of guilt and cannot be used in a civil case against the defendant as an admission."

Seeing we don't know where you live or where you got the ticket, you will need to check for yourself.

You will still have to pay the fine and possible court cost though........


http://www.gainesvillegalawyer.com/g...-contest-plea/
__________________
"I'm not afraid to go fast!! It's the crashing & burning that sucks"
Quietstorm1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
 
WarMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Location: Pflugerville, TEXAS
Posts: 21,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
Maybe so, but my opinion is universal: FTP! Fight that ticket and stick it to the MAN!!


__________________

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL


"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #9
z064life
R1 Forum Star
 
z064life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 14,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
keep in mind he's from a different country. the laws and regulations might be a bit different than the US.
The US runs the world..well at least we police it....
__________________
Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #10
rorytsm
damn turkeys
 
rorytsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Bikes: 04 R1
Location: indiana
Posts: 29,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
The US runs the world..well at least we police it....
and that's my cue to leave the thread
__________________
Join Phantom Squadron
PDB and loving it! whoo hoo!
04 R1 - sunbeam yellow w/custom decals
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #11
KMac
SuperModerateur
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,280
For that matter, plead temporary insanity! Tell them you just left your bitchyassed, runny mouthed ex-wife's place and didn't even remember driving away because you were so pissed and focused on the number of ways you could cut her thick head off with a butter knife. They'll understand.
__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
z064life
R1 Forum Star
 
z064life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 14,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
and that's my cue to leave the thread
Oh come on...stay
__________________
Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
Quietstorm1911
Ride Like you stole it !!!!!
 
Quietstorm1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2005 Yamaha R1
Location: Georgia
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
For that matter, plead temporary insanity! Tell them you just left your bitchyassed, runny mouthed ex-wife's place and didn't even remember driving away because you were so pissed and focused on the number of ways you could cut her thick head off with a butter knife. They'll understand.

__________________
"I'm not afraid to go fast!! It's the crashing & burning that sucks"
Quietstorm1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #14
cubic
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65
haha thanks for the responses and the laughs, I am from canada here. I want to go to court and atleast try something since i have nothing to loose here. The deadline to pay it is 7 days before the court date, do i need to pay and then go to court, or not pay it and appear in court?
cubic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #15
greenc51
I eat my Night Rod
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Bikes: 05 Ninja 500 SOLD - 04 CBRF4i SOLD - 07 R6 SOLD - 04 Vulcan 800 bobber SOLD - 06 R1 SOLD - 2009 Night Rod Special =)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietstorm1911 View Post
Look into pleading "nolo contendere" (no contest). You can only use it like every 5 years in Geoegia. It really depends on the state you are in.

"The benefits of a Nolo plea on a Georgia Traffic Ticket could potentially be that no points are assessed and it may make it harder for a car insurance company to become aware of the infraction. Please note a Nolo plea never prevents a commercial disqualification.

Additionally, a No Contest Plea is not an admission of guilt and cannot be used in a civil case against the defendant as an admission."

Seeing we don't know where you live or where you got the ticket, you will need to check for yourself.

You will still have to pay the fine and possible court cost though........


http://www.gainesvillegalawyer.com/g...-contest-plea/
You should save the nolo for the big screw ups you run into...not some regular ole ticket
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickWade View Post
My advice would be to spend a few hours washing and waxing. Make it shine like a diamond in a goats ass.
greenc51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #16
greenc51
I eat my Night Rod
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Bikes: 05 Ninja 500 SOLD - 04 CBRF4i SOLD - 07 R6 SOLD - 04 Vulcan 800 bobber SOLD - 06 R1 SOLD - 2009 Night Rod Special =)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1nStang View Post
if he pays the fine then the ticket will go on his record. and he will get the points.
what?

i have had multiple tickets dropped to no point violations and simply paid the fine
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickWade View Post
My advice would be to spend a few hours washing and waxing. Make it shine like a diamond in a goats ass.
greenc51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #17
cubic
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65
Yeah, paying the fine isnt a problem, the points and possibly the insurance raise is what im trying to avoid here, since im young and have a sportbike and a sports car
cubic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
Blue Streak
I've fallen and I can't get up
 
Blue Streak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Bikes: 2000 Yamaha R1
Location: Canada
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic View Post
haha thanks for the responses and the laughs, I am from canada here. I want to go to court and atleast try something since i have nothing to loose here. The deadline to pay it is 7 days before the court date, do i need to pay and then go to court, or not pay it and appear in court?
DONT PAY!!!

1st of I am hoping she was your ex was girlfriend not wife .
2nd - 3 houses a way - where the frig in no where land Canada do you live. I walk 3 house way

My wife used to be in traffic court all the time before she went to criminal court. I awlays got of my tickets because she knew all the cops and would speak with them beforehand and then they would not show for the court date or I would take a lesser offense outside of court.

For you. on the ticket there should be a place where you plead:

Guilty, guilty with explanation, or not guilty. Tick not guilty and take your ticket to the courthouse to set a trial date (usually about a year out where I live in Toronto). On the day of your trial get there early and try and find out if the ticketing officer is in the courthouse. If he is not and your case is called and he isnt in the room you case will be dismissed as he/she is not there to tell their side. Be aware that sme cops love their court days and others hate them.

If they are at the courthouse, ask to meet with them prior to court going in session and a lot of times they will work out a lesser charge for you (i.e. minimal fine $ or no demerit points) it still hits your record though...When your case comes up the cop says you have agreed to a lesser charge and the judge says great. If the case continues w/o you talking to cop before your only hope is a lenient Justice of the Peace who might reduce your charge for you.


Were you doing 25kms over in an 80 zone? Was ticket about $200.00 bucks? If so you should easily be able to get that down to something like 10K over. One other thing you could do but I dont think its worth it for 1st ticket is go to legal aid/x-copper type of guys for help.

It won't ne your last btw . Unless you start riding like ahh umm...the legal way and we all know thats just about impossible to do all the time on an R1.
Blue Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #19
KMac
SuperModerateur
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak View Post
2nd - 3 houses a way - where the frig in no where land Canada do you live. I walk 3 house way
read it again, chief..................3 hours away.
__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
scsvmax
Love my 01 R1,Love my 08 more
 
scsvmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Bikes: 2001 R1 and 2008 R1
Location: Toronto
Posts: 630
Plead not guilty to 25 over , but guilty to 14 over which is 1 km under the 3 points. ive done it 3 times. Just fine and no points.The courts just want there cash. THEY DONT GIVE A RATS ARSE ABOUT THE POINTS. Im in Toronto. Set the court date. Pray the cop dont show and plead not guilty. If cop at court he will probably not object to pleading to a lessor speed. 14km over whatever the speed limit is. Courts are catching up last time i went about a year and a half ago. Took only 3 months till court date. Good luck.
__________________
Ride em like you stole em.

Last edited by scsvmax; 11-06-2012 at 03:36 PM.
scsvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum