FINALLY - Dyno before and after - Graves Velocity Stacks R1 09 - Page 3 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 10-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #41
drjak
Take the red pill

Bikes: '09 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick kurt View Post
I was told 10,500 as well,directly from Chuck Graves himself. Check the Graves site and ck. the forum,I asked the same question a few months ago and Charles Graves was the first to reply with the answer. Flashtune or Eculeashed based drjak ? If you live near anyone with the F/T interface I'm sure they'd be happy to do yours for a few even mail it to them.
Flashtune. They'll keep reflashing it for free so I see no need for the interface as my PCV and Autotune will handle fuel. $200 buys a lot of postage

I called them today just waiting to hear back.
drjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #42
bryan niles
performance first

Bikes: 2005 Raven, 2010 Raven
Good to see you quantified what we all felt with the graves stacks. 10,500 swithover ahhh. I had mine flashed to 10,200. Time to relfash. How much of a difference did you see from the to swithing points from 10,200 and 10,500?
PERFORMANCE- Sato full Titanium exhaust with MOTO GP carbon fiber Titanium cans- Gold Sato rearsets- Bmc race filter - Factory pro velocity stacks- Pc3USB- Powercommander Ignition module- secondary throttle plates removed- Brembo 19x18 radial master cylinder- DID 520 ERV3 conversion kit- RRP rear sprocket- Attack Performance magnesium triple clamps- Braking wave rear rotor- JG1 custom map- Gilles chain adjusters and lifters- Galfer stainless steel black front & rear brake line- Scotts oil filter-graves fibers-yec clutch springs-Galfer Superbike Wave Rotors-Ohlins damper-Active quick turn throttle billet black-Over adjustable racing linkage-Krankvent-Yec fuel regulator!

COSMETIC- Pro bolt and Yoyodyne titanium bolts and nuts on entire bike- Puig double bubble screen- Graves smog plates- Greggs customs black sprocket cover- Greggs customs black mirror block plates- Greggs customs black license plate bracket- Greggs Satin black fairing plugs- Factory yamaha billet engine case cover- Woodcraft case covers- CRG silver gp perch clutch lever- Gytr clutch guard- Speedohealer- Shogun clutch slider- Shogun black bar ends- Shogun black swingarm sliders- Motowheels red oil cap and drain plug- Rizoma black anodized front and rear brake reservoir- Agras red front axle sliders-Yoyodyne frame sliders-Samco red coolant hose kit-Evolution Composites Carbon Fiber tank cover and panels!

more to come!
bryan niles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #43
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Bikes: 04 R1
even though it's not for the same year, glad i got mine used for 100 bucks
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #44
drjak
Take the red pill

Bikes: '09 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
even though it's not for the same year, glad i got mine used for 100 bucks
I paid quite a bit more than that for mine on the '09 and they were used
drjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #45
sharan
I eat my R1

Bikes: Yamaha R1 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan niles View Post
Good to see you quantified what we all felt with the graves stacks. 10,500 swithover ahhh. I had mine flashed to 10,200. Time to relfash. How much of a difference did you see from the to swithing points from 10,200 and 10,500?
I cannot recall the exact numbers on each RPM setting, to many runs and result to keep all data. All of them was very much the same until opening point.

I cannot explain way, but top end power went down 0.7-1.5 HP on other settings than 10.500 RPM.
sharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #46
sharan
I eat my R1

Bikes: Yamaha R1 2009
Intake cam is from Kent Cams in UK (www.kentcams.com), exhaust cam is made by Pete Beale. I don't know what he has done with it. Probably some jumbo mumbo black magic because it is really good!!

Last edited by sharan; 10-10-2012 at 11:08 AM.
sharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #47
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Just deleted that question,Thanks for replying.
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #48
edwho?
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan View Post
It seem that the R1 09-11 likes to be run rich and not too lean.

Anybody else have experience on other AFR Targets?
yep.. not much hp in MR12 over U4 either.
edwho? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #49
edwho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick kurt View Post
If it feels good use that map, I have tried 12.8 - 13.2 map building on my '06 w/Bazzaz ZAFM setup building maps. I can't tell the difference anyway its so close, they are safe a/f ratios for safety's sake anyway.
you may not see the hp nor feel the difference in 12.8 to 13.2 but i promise on shitty us fuel your 5 valve will! the 5 valve does NOT like to be over 13.0 a/f on a dj250 air fuel ratio.. we have seen detonation in summer on bikes "tuned" to 13.2-13.3 when ridden on say a track day. just saying, keep it safe on the 04-06's for sure....big flame spread in those cc's
Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #50
edwho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjak View Post
OP 10,500 switchover point for the uppers? I have the graves uppers and lowers going in this week and was told 10,200 RPM on the stock motor. Can you tell us where you got that 10.5k switchover point from? I have to send my ECu off this week for flashing so I really need to know!
on a stock engine 10-11k works fine. you wont notice a 300 rpm difference just be sure to tune the fuel correctly after you have flashed. Base flashed maps rarely are spot on...have it tuned..
Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 PM   #51
edwho?

Quote:
I have a R1 2009 as a track bike. For years we (R1 09-12 riders) have been waiting for some documentation from Graves to give us some facts for their velocity stacks. They have literarily been giving us smoke screens and avoided to give proper answers. Their behavior has been arrogant by my opinion.

Those who have bought the stacks, installed them have just said it made a difference Ė but never given us some dyno charts.
Tired of waiting for proper answer, from otherwise a good supplier, I got hold of some used stacks.
I installed them and today I dyno'ed before and after.

Below you can see the result.

Some info:
Itís the same engine, same dyno, same temp etc. The only difference is velocity stacks.

The spec for the engine is given to me by Pete Beale from UK, and I have promised not to disclose it. So please donít ask.
I got tired of tuners destroying my engine, therefore I build the engine myself Ė every single piece.
Edit: Hired the dyno and fuel tuned it myself

Enjoy J
beautiful curves!! I bet Pete has more than a "few" hours in the head! plus gotta be running the YEC springs as you can't put any cam in them with stock springs... but some GOOD specs out there... especially if you can get the intake >250 duration and >10.4mm lift power is all in the top end of these things from what i have seen/done.. head's a mess stock.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #52
cr2011r1
Banned

Bikes: 2011 r1 sbk
man i always miss the best threads on here jajja ran post here the NEW DYNO charts of you know what jejej that secrect weapon that keeps you in the garage until 2am
cr2011r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #53
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
Quote:

AFR target 12.8 during acceleration and 13.1 on 100% Throttle. It seem that the R1 09-11 likes to be run rich and not too lean.

Anybody else have experience on other AFR Targets?

i'd have to agree with that, i set up my afr targets on the auto-tune and she dont like to be leaned out...

wish i had other suggestions on targets, just starting with the tuning cycles... i've got the euro air box mod so i'm wanting to tune while riding to take advantage of increased ram..

thanks for the post thougH... still way too rich for my blood but 5HP increase is pretty damn nice..

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,
bacchus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #54
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
After talking to Spiderman on the phone today, cams and vstacks from them are going in next month for me. There are reasons they don't publish numbers, and I don't blame them.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement