New to the forum and first R1, gotta few ?'s : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
remcninch
My R1 eats me.

New to the forum and first R1, gotta few ?'s

New to the forum and first R1, gotta few ?'s I hope you guys can help me with.
I just bought a 2006 R1 with 3,894 miles on it and it looks and runs like new, it was owned by a female and I think she was a little scared of it, but for good reason. Anyway it's my first R1 and new to Yamaha as well, I have been riding off and on for 37 years so I've been around the block a few times. I've always been true to one make and finally decided to make the change to Yamaha. This bike is stock with duel yoshi exhaust, I'm gonna go with a power commander before spring but need to know if three is anything that needs to be done to it just for better running, power, handling, I guess tips and tweaks that should be done. Most all bikes require these changes and new to this bike so I'd really appreciate any and all help you guys can offer.
remcninch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
DerrickWade
I killed em Gilbert

Bikes: 04 R1 and 72 Z50
Congrats on the 06! Post some pictures asap. The first thing you should look into is settimg the suspension up for your weight and riding style. For myself, i made my bike more comfortable by going with a double bubble windscreen, modified the seat foam, and installed heli bars. To get into the power quicker, alot of guys regear their sprockets by going down one tooth in the front and up two in the rear. Also, most replace the turn signals with flush mount led signals and intergated tail light/ turn sinals. Fender eliminator is a must. I could go on and on, but im post on my phone while at work. Good luck.

Courtesy of Petrol Spice

Last edited by DerrickWade; 11-07-2012 at 09:53 AM.
DerrickWade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
remcninch
My R1 eats me.

Thanks for the info...much needed. My only problem as we speak is the SNOW that just started falling 10 min ago. too cold for my blood...thinking of putting her in the spare bedroom before the wife gets home!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
DerrickWade
I killed em Gilbert

I think youll fit in here just fine.

Courtesy of Petrol Spice
Old 11-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
remcninch
My R1 eats me.

I hope as well as my bike WENT IN the spare room. lol
Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
DerrickWade
I killed em Gilbert

post up picture.

Courtesy of Petrol Spice
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
remcninch
My R1 eats me.

Got busted wife came home to get warmer cloths before I could get pics. Back to the cold, Lost that battle but not the war **to be continued** it WILL go back in that room and pics will be in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement