FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 226 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #4501
Decreasing Dave
Extended Member

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
I noticed today that my speedometer doesn't go over 152 either.

Dave
Decreasing Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #4502
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Weird! I haven't done any high speed stuff since testing speedo calibration. It worked fine prior to that.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #4503
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Bikes: 12 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decreasing Dave View Post

Dave
do you have sprocket changed
Old 11-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #4504
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decreasing Dave View Post

Dave
Did you make a % change or a sprocket calculation?
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #4505
R1evolution
I eat my R1

im happy... found a guy to weld my header up for the cylinder testing. im happy now. so i will start testing soon as that is completed
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #4506
n4speed
I eat my R1

Bikes: 09 Yamaha R1
i would be very happy if i had a proper Flash-Tune manual ..

Good news R1Evo.. !!!
Stomp Grip Pads
Integrated tail ligth
Double Bubble Screen
GoodRidge Brake Lines
Addon Radiator
HM QuickShifter
n4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #4507
R1evolution
I eat my R1

i agree sir very much so
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #4508
CupraR1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 R1
[QUOTE=n4speed;5396903]i would be very happy if i had a proper Flash-Tune manual ..

Might have to be you that writes one lol.

Thanks for all the work you have done for our Bikes + R1evo

and tad!
CupraR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #4509
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4speed View Post
i would be very happy if i had a proper Flash-Tune manual !!
Haha, me too
Some bugfixing too would be quite nice...

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #4510
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Ok, just tested the 09 version of R1Evolution's map. I didn't touch ANY settings, just flashed it as is. I stayed in A mode, as always. I ride the bike a lot and my initial impressions were that 1st gear seemed to have some hesitation (maybe due to 75% bias?) and there was a bit more engine braking than I prefer, obviously due to the 80/20 position of the sliders instead of 100/100 like I run usually. In the higher gears, the bike seemed to pull nicely. Everything felt pretty decent, although I noticed RPM fluctuations at steady throttle. Then on the way back home, I was cruising in 2nd gear in mid RPM range and the bike suddenly lost throttle/power then lurched forward violently. It was incredibly disconcerting and I felt like I was going to lose control. Fortunately I was mostly upright. This has never happened before, so I think I'll be going back to my old map.

What other maps are you 09-11 guys running? I've only tried the Peen and N4speed variants. I thought they were all pretty useable.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #4511
R1evolution
I eat my R1

I'm sorry to hear that you had these issues.

This is one reason that i was limiting information and also copies of the maps.

Also per our phone conversation i mentioned to you that i dont know how everyone rides and that i didnt want to have that many out there to try until things where tested. I havent had anyone else state the same things you did,but thats not saying there wont be a some thats why where testing. Tad gave me a nice YCC over lay to try on this map which i have to do. so from now on i will not give updates anymore on what im testing or doing until it has been tested on mine or anothers that are willing to test it.

Please understand there is no big secret and i am not keeping stuff. we all ride the same bike and have a common bond.

I will tell you this tho the 91 + map was written on the old software so that why alot of this stuff is why it is in the percents.

Oilfiled and i are working on the 12 map so should be good.

Thanks to everyone tho that has been supportive of the efforts. I spend many hours looking at all these maps to bring what i feel should be a kick ass map for all of us soon. Like i said before i also found a welder for my header so that will be going on next week.

PS also did the 09-11 have any on off throttle stock?

Last edited by R1evolution; 11-08-2012 at 02:08 PM.
R1evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #4512
AKDMA
I eat my R1

I see now why you were doing that and think it was wise as well. I look forward to seeing what else comes down the pipeline and am willing to do further testing and can report back privately as it's not a public map yet. Although it's beginning to get cold here and there may only be a few more decent days this year. Thanks for trying to improve what we have. I would LOVE a version with 100% reduction on both EB sliders if that's a possibility once the map is finalized.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #4513
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
Then on the way back home, I was cruising in 2nd gear in mid RPM range and the bike suddenly lost throttle/power then lurched forward violently
What could possibly cause a sudden powerloss, then lurching like that?
I have never had anything even remotely similar happening on my bike and I run the same map!

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #4514
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
I see now why you were doing that and think it was wise as well. I look forward to seeing what else comes down the pipeline and am willing to do further testing and can report back privately as it's not a public map yet. Although it's beginning to get cold here and there may only be a few more decent days this year. Thanks for trying to improve what we have. I would LOVE a version with 100% reduction on both EB sliders if that's a possibility once the map is finalized.

I don't see why you cant run 100% on both if you want to. It should only have the desired effect, based on what I have seen and played with.
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #4515
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
I have never had anything even remotely similar happening on my bike and I run the same map!

The only ideas I came up with are a problem with that gear's YCC-T settings or maybe the bias, because I was only using partial throttle. I really don't know, I'm no expert. It definitely almost made me poo my pants! I considered it may have been quickshifter related, but I wasn't touching my shifter. It also wasn't a quick interrupt like the QS does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
I don't see why you cant run 100% on both if you want to. It should only have the desired effect, based on what I have seen and played with.
I thought about it, but I wanted to try it as-is per Evo's request. I was under the impression that those sliders had effects on fueling as well, so could interfere with mapping/power output. I don't feel comfortable running it for now though.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-08-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #4516
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
I have had it happen, but I think is is because my NC QS sensor is on its way out and it gives me a phantom QS activation every now and then.
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #4517
Tad158

Do you have a chance to test a map tomorrow? I did some tweaking on the map that he sent me....YCC-T and ignition mapping to smooth out on-off-on throttle....If you would like to try that?
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #4518
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Definitely. Send it my way! I'll PM you my email.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #4519
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
Do you have a chance to test a map tomorrow? I did some tweaking on the map that he sent me....YCC-T and ignition mapping to smooth out on-off-on throttle....If you would like to try that?
tad is this the YCC that i have? also i talked to chris at FT if you get a chance call me i want to tell you what he said
Old 11-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #4520
n4speed
I eat my R1

Bikes: 09 Yamaha R1
R1Evo.. are you online??
Stomp Grip Pads
Integrated tail ligth
Double Bubble Screen
GoodRidge Brake Lines
Addon Radiator
HM QuickShifter
n4speed is offline   Reply With Quote