Benefits to be taxed as income - It's coming... : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Mad German
Bald headed dork

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity
Benefits to be taxed as income - It's coming...

During our health insurance open enrollment meetings today, our HR rep told us that now, for the first time, the company is required to report how much our benefits package is to the IRS. They (our company) were told it was just for "recording purposes." Yeah, right. Suddenly Obamacare is passed and now the government wants to know what my insurance is worth. Coincidence? I think not.

What just kills me is when the proponents of Obamacare, namely Obama, say that if you have insurance and you are happy with it, you can keep it. No problem. What they are neglecting to tell everyone is that your income taxes are going to shoot through the roof because you'll now be taxed on the worth of your benefits.

Why in the world would anyone vote for a party/pres that wants to do this?

I just don't get it. There'll be lots of unhappy Obama supporters come tax time.
Mad German is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad German View Post
During our health insurance open enrollment meetings today, our HR rep told us that now, for the first time, the company is required to report how much our benefits package is to the IRS. They (our company) were told it was just for "recording purposes." Yeah, right. Suddenly Obamacare is passed and now the government wants to know what my insurance is worth. Coincidence? I think not.

What just kills me is when the proponents of Obamacare, namely Obama, say that if you have insurance and you are happy with it, you can keep it. No problem. What they are neglecting to tell everyone is that your income taxes are going to shoot through the roof because you'll now be taxed on the worth of your benefits.

Why in the world would anyone vote for a party/pres that wants to do this?

I just don't get it. There'll be lots of unhappy Obama supporters come tax time.
But, there's also going to be equally as many happy people who either make a living sucking off the govt teet, or support living off the govt teet. They buy votes with your money, how's that make you feel?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
I have to pay additional self-employment tax and then buy my own insurance. So essentially I have been taxed on that money. Some dollars even taxed twice. Been dealing with it for years. Every dollar taxed.

Until now anyway. Im done with the crap and intend to take full advantage of the cash market available. Fvck um

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
ss55539
Banned

Bikes: '11 FLHX, 09 YFZ450R, 07 YZ450F, 06 R1 50th
it still baffles me that they voted the dumbass back into office, but when you look at the percentages of where his votes come from what can you do
ss55539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Bikes: Want a new bike
I still would like to see the stats on what percentage of votes were from illegal voters , ineligible voters and voters who voted multiple times by absentee ballets.

All of them should be strung up for voting for hard working people to be taxed into oblivion.

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
lobsterhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
I still would like to see the stats on what percentage of votes were from illegal voters , ineligible voters and voters who voted multiple times by absentee ballets.

All of them should be strung up for voting for hard working people to be taxed into oblivion.
They showed some footage on the local news of polling places in southern Maine. About 10% of the cars had Mass. plates. The week before the election our house minority leader here (D) gave a radio address stressing the fact a ID was NOT required to vote in Maine

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington

Last edited by lobsterhound; 11-08-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
ss55539
Banned

I wish they would of passed voter id laws nationwide
Old 11-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss55539 View Post

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Quote:
So you're not a fan of gov't organized voter fraud?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Kangaroo
para bellum

The great Cali Democratic experience is going to start. We have a super majority in the senate, assembly and governor. It will be interesting if they can't solve anything for the next couple years.

Sig courtesy of SpidermanSS 9-15-09

Brothers riding on...
Bandrews 10/11
Dieyoung69 11/10
Vman1300 3/09
Gawarrior 6/08
Elviswarrior 6/07
Crazyclimbr 3/07
K_flexxx 6/06
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Jon, they're going to solve EVERYTHING, that's why they've all been elected.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
Kangaroo
para bellum

I ain't holding my breath. Our governor who is at least a fiscal conservative is already warning his party to control themselves.

Sig courtesy of SpidermanSS 9-15-09

Brothers riding on...
Bandrews 10/11
Dieyoung69 11/10
Vman1300 3/09
Gawarrior 6/08
Elviswarrior 6/07
Crazyclimbr 3/07
K_flexxx 6/06
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
TwistedSprocket
I get food for your bike.

Bikes: 09 R1
AAAAHHHHHHHHH The amount of money are they spending just to take our money is so aggravating. The IRS wants to raise their budget by another billion dollars WTF...
Old 11-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
burn-z
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1
Quote:
They should just do elections like they did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Everyone has to dip their thumb in the purple ink when they vote. Only way to vote again would be to cut off your marked thumb. I'd let someone vote twice if they cut off a thumb to do it. That would be true dedication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Radley View Post
The full factory backed superbike r1's don't make 200bhp so its not happening here. 180 is pretty good, 185+ is exceptional. All this talk of 200+ is just horseshit
burn-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
lobsterhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
They should just do elections like they did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Everyone has to dip their thumb in the purple ink when they vote. Only way to vote again would be to cut off your marked thumb. I'd let someone vote twice if they cut off a thumb to do it. That would be true dedication.
In all honesty thats an excellent idea

Old 11-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
gsxcorey
MummyMan

Bikes: 1999 r1, 07 GSXR 1k
Illegals have thumbs too though? Or show up with your social security card as well? Dip the thumb and show your card you vote, no card we cut your thumb off to ensure you never vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
ss55539
Banned

Photo id, birth certificate, soc sec card, 3 months pay stubs, and previous 2 years w2's. Then you vote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
Anubis
Wishin' I Was Fishin'

Bikes: '89 R1
Lots of fvckery going on in D.C. Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him...

Sig courtesy of Petrol Spice

-Sgt. Fernando Padilla-Ramirez *KIA* March 28, 2003
-Michael James Johnson August 12, 2003 1:18 AM R.I.P.

Keep Calm and Chive On
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
ALTON05R1
Living Life Like a Mad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterhound View Post
They showed some footage on the local news of polling places in southern Maine. About 10% of the cars had Mass. plates. The week before the election our house minority leader here (D) gave a radio address stressing the fact a ID was NOT required to vote in Maine
My fiance told me the same thing that when she voted in Maine they didnt have to show any ID and that the ballots where still paper, seems like a way to possibly vote more than once if someone really wanted to.

Sig by the great Uncle P
ALTON05R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #20
ALTON05R1
Living Life Like a Mad Man

I also heard today on the radio that they are predicting the tax on a house will be no less than 3500.

Sig by the great Uncle P
ALTON05R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement