SEALs reprimanded for consulting on MOH:WARFIGHTER : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
SEALs reprimanded for consulting on MOH:WARFIGHTER

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/1...eal/?hpt=hp_t3

Seven U.S. Navy SEALs have been reprimanded for giving up classified information connected to their tradecraft so a video game could seem more realistic, according to a navy official.

The seven were charged with the unauthorized showing of their official combat gear and dereliction of duty for disclosing classified material after an investigation found the seven to have worked as paid consultants for two days with the video game company Electronic Arts, according to a U.S. Navy official familiar with the investigation.

The work, done around the late spring and early summer, was unauthorized by their commanders and against military regulations according to the Navy official.

All seven are active duty members of SEAL Team 6, considered the most elite of the Navy’s SEAL community. CBS News, which first reported this story, says at least one of the members was on the raid that killed Osama bin Laden last year.

The seven, all senior enlisted sailors, received their punishment Thursday at their base in Virginia. All seven were given a letter of reprimand and their pay taken for two months. The move essentially prevents their chances for promotion and ends their military careers.

Four other SEALs who have since transferred to west coast SEAL teams are still under investigation, according to the official.

The seven members were consulting with Electronic Arts on the game “Medal of Honor: Warfighter,” according to the official. The game touts that it is developed with the help of former and active duty commandos.

"Naval Special Warfare (NSW) takes all allegations of misconduct seriously and conducts investigations to determine the facts. We likewise take seriously the Non-Disclosure Agreements signed by Sailors and adherence to the articles of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice,” said Rear Adm. Garry Bonelli, Deputy Commander of the Naval Special Warfare Center in a statement given to Security Clearance.

"We do not tolerate deviations from the policies that govern who we are and what we do as Sailors in the United States Navy. The non-judicial punishment decisions made today send a clear message throughout our Force that we are and will be held to a high standard of accountability,” Bonelli, said.

The disclosure of the extra curricular activities of the SEALs comes on the heels of recently retired SEAL who was on the bin Laden raid and wrote a book about the operation.

The publication of the book released a firestorm of complaints toward the author by the Pentagon which said the book revealed secret information about how the SEALs operate. Pentagon officials threatened the author with legal action if the book was published.

To date there has been no further action toward the author Matt Bissonette, who wrote the book under the name Mark Owen.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Whoa.. I wonder if EA knows the truth about Osama now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
WarMachine

The game sucks unholy ass so don't waste your money on it. The one and only thing i liked was being made to use windage/elevation during sniper missions.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

Old 11-09-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Never played it

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 11-09-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Never played it
You didn't miss anything

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

I wonder what action will be taken against these guys... Sucks, but they kind of set themselves up

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #7
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
I wonder what action will be taken against these guys... Sucks, but they kind of set themselves up
The seven, all senior enlisted sailors, received their punishment Thursday at their base in Virginia. All seven were given a letter of reprimand and their pay taken for two months. The move essentially prevents their chances for promotion and ends their military careers.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 11-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #8
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Oh damn, I thought that said "will recieve" I need to read slower

That sucks.

Quote:
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Old 11-09-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
Murdered
Sleep is a crutch.

Bikes: 99/10LE
On a side note, read the book "No Easy Day" quick read and I enjoyed it. Kinda sucks how pissed people are at him. Different pen, same story I guess.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #10
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
The game sucks unholy ass so don't waste your money on it. The one and only thing i liked was being made to use windage/elevation during sniper missions.
What specifically sucks about it? I'm curious as to how it plays. Can't be worse than MW3 I would think.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
What specifically sucks about it? I'm curious as to how it plays. Can't be worse than MW3 I would think.
Rifle swings aren't as fluid as previous moh editions in single player, multiplayer is erratic and laggy to me. MW3 is better by leaps and bounds as far as gameplay is concerned.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 11-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Rifle swings aren't as fluid as previous moh editions in single player, multiplayer is erratic and laggy to me. MW3 is better by leaps and bounds as far as gameplay is concerned.
In warfighter do you have to shoot somebody 87 times for them to "die"?

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #13
WarMachine

Quote:

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #14
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool
Ok, it sucks too then.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #15
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
The move essentially prevents their chances for promotion and ends their military careers.
as it should.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
as it should.
Maybe they figured it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission, they found out this is not the case and should have known better.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 11-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #17
neihouma
I eat my R1

Bikes: 99 R1
Quote:
I think 87 bullets got me my MOAB

Honestly I think if you tried bearing with the game it really got better in
between patches here and there...
neihouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #18
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Maybe they figured it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission, they found out this is not the case and should have known better.
they're smart enough to know there is no forgiveness for certain things. At least they are supposed to be smart enough.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #19
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by neihouma View Post
I think 87 bullets got me my MOAB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F78-RtHOGo

Honestly I think if you tried bearing with the game it really got better in
between patches here and there...
Yeah it looks a lot better than when I was still playing....there was one guy though that took a few rounds for him to go down.

What do you mean by "bearing" with the game?

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #20
DouglasyzfR1
Sir Douglas

Bikes: 03 R6- Bike Heaven 03 R1- Sold 08 R1- Current
EA Sports should also be held accountable. They knew going to these guys was something wrong. I think the Seals should be discharged. But I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be the one to tell them.

If we keep giving up all our secrets, even the Canadians will eventually beat us in warfare.