SEALs reprimanded for consulting on MOH:WARFIGHTER - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #21
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasyzfR1 View Post
EA Sports should also be held accountable. They knew going to these guys was something wrong. I think the Seals should be discharged. But I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be the one to tell them.

If we keep giving up all our secrets, even the Canadians will eventually beat us in warfare.
I think that is a bit extreme. There is a ton of money invested in these Tier I guys that folks just can't understand. For every 300 guys that try out, maybe a couple will make it.

What we need to figure out is why they did it? Money? Prestige? What?

Also EA has been "consulting" with shooters for years now...why is it now an issue? I would like to know the answer to that as well.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #22
Murdered
Sleep is a crutch.

Bikes: 99/10LE
I think i'll be playng BF3 for a while now.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #23
cataclyzm123
I have a big attitude!

Bikes: 2013 R1
It just goes to show you. No matter how many good things we do, people will only remember the 1 bad thing. Just ask Bill, the goat fu<ker!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #24
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post

Also EA has been "consulting" with shooters for years now...why is it now an issue? I would like to know the answer to that as well.
It's now an issue because the guy that wrote the book. They know they have to take a stand and show some action or the credibility is shot.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #25
neihouma
I eat my R1

Bikes: 99 R1
Quote:
Yeah it looks a lot better than when I was still playing....there was one guy though that took a few rounds for him to go down.

What do you mean by "bearing" with the game?
That's what the host saw I didn't record that live stream with the AvermediaHD either.
There was alot more close calls than that.

When I meant bearing I meant kept playing the game. I think I saw around 4-5 big updates and god knows how many silent small updates...
neihouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #26
gsxcorey
MummyMan

Bikes: 1999 r1, 07 GSXR 1k
an LOR is nothing. They got a slap on the wrist. It's a tight knit group and publicly they did something...the damage of losing the respect of others is worth then any paperwork. They may all be laughing about it though, who knows. Publicly something had to be done and it was, but it's nothing that harsh and their career is far from over as long as they don't create a pattern of doing dumb shit or already have a pattern for it.

I've seen instructors drown people at pj/cct training and have other instructors jump in to pull the instructors off a student. i've seen an enlisted guy break an officers jaw and get an LOR. Very few can do what those guys can do. They get a lot of leeway...a lot. that is just pj/cct too, not even seal team 6.

Check us out on Facebook too.

Last edited by gsxcorey; 11-09-2012 at 08:36 AM.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
It's now an issue because the guy that wrote the book. They know they have to take a stand and show some action or the credibility is shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
an LOR is nothing. They got a slap on the wrist. It's a tight knit group and publicly they did something...the damage of losing the respect of others is worth then any paperwork. They may all be laughing about it though, who knows. Publicly something had to be done and it was, but it's nothing that harsh and their career is far from over as long as they don't create a pattern of doing dumb shit or already have a pattern for it.
I figured as much that they were just making "examples" of. An actual LOR and its impact varies....if you are lower enlisted, then you can overcome it with good evals. If you are senior enlisted or an officer, you're pretty much done, promotion wise.

Of course for their community this is basically a "slap on the wrist" or more like a shot across the bow warning type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neihouma View Post
That's what the host saw I didn't record that live stream with the AvermediaHD either.
There was alot more close calls than that.

When I meant bearing I meant kept playing the game. I think I saw around 4-5 big updates and god knows how many silent small updates...
Well, watching the vid makes me wanna go back and play but I don't know. I have a ton of shit on my plate right now so I really don't have the time. I may just wait for BOII and see then.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #28
gsxcorey
MummyMan

yup frank. The real punishments are handled "in house" for most groups like that. IE "you're not going on this mission, clean our gear while we get shit done". The guy that broke the officers jaw in cct indoc was crazy as hell when I was there. Only instructor that actually scared me. Saw him play rugby with a clearly broken bone while I was there and he wouldn't stop. Funny thing is one day he just vanished as an instructor and we were told "dont' worry about it". later after my back injury when I ended up a cop I ran his name in our database. Got a nice screen saying "restricted" and got called into OSI to see wtf I was doing looking him up. Ooops. I got an LOR and just explained he was a prior instructor that went "off the grid" so to say. I had a feeling when that came up I went snooping where I shouldn't have LOL. Told my sgt who was even like "hhmmm never had that happen, lets wait for the phone call" LOL.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #29
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
yup frank. The real punishments are handled "in house" for most groups like that. IE "you're not going on this mission, clean our gear while we get shit done". The guy that broke the officers jaw in cct indoc was crazy as hell when I was there. Only instructor that actually scared me. Saw him play rugby with a clearly broken bone while I was there and he wouldn't stop. Funny thing is one day he just vanished as an instructor and we were told "dont' worry about it". later after my back injury when I ended up a cop I ran his name in our database. Got a nice screen saying "restricted" and got called into OSI to see wtf I was doing looking him up. Ooops. I got an LOR and just explained he was a prior instructor that went "off the grid" so to say. I had a feeling when that came up I went snooping where I shouldn't have LOL. Told my sgt who was even like "hhmmm never had that happen, lets wait for the phone call" LOL.

That is crazy. I wonder where he did end up....interesting.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #30
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

silent professionals and navy seals is an oxy moron. The army special ops communty just sits back and laughs.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #31
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
silent professionals and navy seals is an oxy moron. The army special ops communty just sits back and laughs.
That's a good point you've raised.

For those that don't know, or if anyone is familiar or interested, there is a ton of history and infighting between the Navy's Tier I guys and the Army's Tier I guys.

When D. Marcinko first started the Navy's Tier I program, they were all considered outlaws/renegades/criminals and were not officially used for a long time. The establishment considered the Army's Tier I guys to be the "go to" guys and basically ignored the Navy's for a long time.

Over the last twelve years or so the Navy's Tier I program has been getting some rightfully deserved respect and have been proving themselves to be more than capable of accomplishing the typical missions the Army's Tier I program handled exclusively.

It's a big disappointment to see the Navy program's achievements and progress potentially squandered by some of the drama as of late.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #32
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
That's a good point you've raised.

For those that don't know, or if anyone is familiar or interested, there is a ton of history and infighting between the Navy's Tier I guys and the Army's Tier I guys.

When D. Marcinko first started the Navy's Tier I program, they were all considered outlaws/renegades/criminals and were not officially used for a long time. The establishment considered the Army's Tier I guys to be the "go to" guys and basically ignored the Navy's for a long time.

Over the last twelve years or so the Navy's Tier I program has been getting some rightfully deserved respect and have been proving themselves to be more than capable of accomplishing the typical missions the Army's Tier I program handled exclusively.

It's a big disappointment to see the Navy program's achievements and progress potentially squandered by some of the drama as of late.
It's unlikely to happen but the media needs to keep their nose out of sf business as it pertains to Tier 1 ops. Their "thirst" for knowledge (read ratings) can and has been destructive.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #33
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
It's unlikely to happen but the media needs to keep their nose out of sf business as it pertains to Tier 1 ops. Their "thirst" for knowledge (read ratings) can and has been destructive.
I agree with the media.

As for "unlikely"....they could very easily regain the title of "rogue/renegade/unprofessional" again very quickly. This business is extremely fickle and relies on reputation just as much as ability.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #34
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

For the civies, all tier 1 means is funding. Tier 1 operators have near unlimited funding when it comes to training, equipment and resources. We when you hear tier...just think financial support.

Seals are great, they serve a purpose. The only reason they had that mission to kill OBL was because they were responsible for A-stan at the time while Delta was responsible for Iraq.

Delta went through the same scrutiny when their tier-1 program was started in 78. Every unit is specially equiped and suited for specific missions. If you noticed on the OBL mission, it was Rangers who were the quick reaction force. Rangers have always been QRF for tier 1 groups. Once MARSOC gains some tractions, I'm sure the Navy would rather thave them instead of Rangers as their QRF. Air Force PJ's work closer with Army SF while Air Force CCT work closer with conventional infantry. Funding and mission has a lot to do with it. No one size fits all.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #35
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
...except for the Expendables.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #36
gsxcorey
MummyMan

They are tier 0

Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #37
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
...except for the Expendables.

Quote:
They are tier 0
Tier -12.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #38
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Seems the CIA is getting shaken up as well

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/09...arital-affair/

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
Seems the CIA is getting shaken up as well

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/09...arital-affair/
I just saw that. Stupid.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #40
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
I just saw that. Stupid.
No different than any other political figure, he just got caught. You work for an intelligence agency and think that getting a blowjob from someone other than your wife won't get noticed is retarded though

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement