TST Industries integrated taillight on '10 R1 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 10-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
zfusmc
My R1 eats me.

Bikes: 2010 Yamaha R1 LE
TST Industries integrated taillight on '10 R1

Hey everyone,

So after spending countless hours looking for a quality taillight for my R1, I finally found, bought and installed one. My initial concerns with purchasing a taillight were of course ease of install and the brightness of the LED's.

After some searching I found a company called TST Industries and got in touch with a guy named Bart who was very helpful and answered all my stupid questions since this was my first taillight install. Since I ride in the Wash, DC and drivers here suck, I wanted the blinkers to signal bright and clear so any idiot driver would have no issue figuring out which way I'm going.

After all was said and done, and only paying $64.99, for a taillight that was easy to install, and definitely very bright and works well I definitely recommend it to you guys. You can't beat it it for $64.99 when other companies are charging 90-130 easy for the taillight and the quality isn't nearly as good as this one.

Check it out. Let me know what you think.

http://tstindustries.com/home.php?cat=

Zack
zfusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
TST industries
Site Sponsor

Want one of these? You can score one for FREE!

TST Industries is currently having a $100 gift certificate giveaway contest on Facebook. Anyone who "likes" our Facebook page can participate. Check out our FB page here and put in your entry: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tstind...922322?fref=ts

If the link does not work then search for TST Industries, like the page, post your name in the "Who wants free shiz?" thread. You get one entry. If you refer a friend to like our page, you get an extra entry, thus upping your chance to win. If you refer two friends you get two additional entries....and so on. Your friend must be a motorcycle owner, and post into the thread who referred them.

This contest ends on 10/31/2012 and the drawing will be on 11/1/2012.
TST industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
DECON BLUE
My R1 eats me.

Wink

Yea, same 1 that I got. Works as advertised, but it is not a simple install as stated. Not hard by any means, just takes some time and need to be very careful as not to scratch paint when you remove rear tail assembly.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
TST industries
Site Sponsor

Ease of installation is subjective. Each person attempting to install a part like this will experience a different level of challenge. However, if you regard the installation of OEM equipment as a benchmark of neutral difficulty, then you can accurately describe this equipment as easy or difficult to install. Since the TST Industries tail light is just as easy (or in my opinion a little easier) to install than all the OEM junk that it replaces, then it is logical to say that the TST part is easy to install. We outfitted the light with all OEM style connectors so it is not necessary to hardwire anything. All the physical mounting points that attach the light to the motorcycle are perfectly positioned so there is no adjustment necessary during the install. You just remove the OEM stuff, and replace it with the TST stuff...no fuss! We include resistors with connectors, but encourage the customer to pick up our Gen2 LED Flasher Relay for true plug-and-play installation of the flash rate control module. Besides being easy to install, our lights aer some of the brightest on the market, and we use optical diffusing elements in the lens so that the 64 super bright LEDs produce a more solid light output across the entire surface of the light. Most of the people who bought this light from us give it nothing but praises. All our lights are produced to strict standards. Even Super Streetbike Magazine wrote an article about our technology in the April 2012 issue. If someone takes a look at this and still has doubts as to the quality of our lights please email me.
bart@tstindustries.com

http://www.tstindustries.com
Old 11-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
R1nStang
Owner of the color changing R1

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DECON BLUE View Post
Yea, same 1 that I got. Works as advertised, but it is not a simple install as stated. Not hard by any means, just takes some time and need to be very careful as not to scratch paint when you remove rear tail assembly.
the first time i removed the tail it was a pain. but now that ive swapped plastics a couple times and gotten to learn the tricks its simple now.

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
my anus is just swollen.. Shut it!!!
R1nStang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
TST industries
Site Sponsor

Yea it took us a couple times too before we were able to rip apart an R1 tail and put it back together while thinking about birds and the bees
Sponsored Links
Advertisement