protective services judge beating his daughter - Page 3 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #41
blueyzfr6
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 R1 here I come :) 04 R1 (Faster Blue) Stolen :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdonniedarkox View Post
If you beat your kid and it got posted on youtube like that I bet a social worker would be knocking on you door not to long later.

I get the discipline element, but not the length and anger with it is ridiculous. There obviosly was a pattern with it as she had a calculus behind it to film it, and I dont her the wife defending the situation.

My parent would just lock me in a closet Aaaahhh the good ol' days

So ya came out of the closet a while ago
blueyzfr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #42
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyzfr6 View Post
So ya came out of the closet a while ago
Took 3 pages for this thread to get gay...impressive, and here comes Frank

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
That dude is a walking tampon.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #43
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
This kid has no idea of what a beating really is. One of my friends is an investigator for child abuse and exploitation with the local pd. Parents have the right to discipline their children however they choose as long as no serious injuries occur. My father pushed that law to the limit and I deserved it.

Don't judge a situation you have no idea about. For all we know, this kid could have baited him into this situation to get him in trouble. She obviously knew it was going to happen because she had a video camera on.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #44
Creeping Death
Born Again Patriot

Bikes: 2009 YZF-R1, Raven
When I was half her age my mom took me to get pictures taken. I wouldn't smile for the camera. She was cool until we got home. Then she grabed one of my dad's belts, took me to my room, picked me up and threw me on my bed and went to town. When I covered up one body part she'd hit something else. Arms, back, legs, ass, she didn't care.

That was back in the day you could give your kids a real ass whoopin' without consequence.

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #45
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Parents have the right to discipline their children however they choose as long as no serious injuries occur. My father pushed that law to the limit and I deserved it.

True. And to some extent I support the guy for lighting her ass up over what she did. However, this discipline turned into much more than that as evidenced by his statements, which were more focused on him demeaning, threatening, seeking dominance through fear, etc. I've whipped my kids asses, but only made comments that reinforced the reason and the future expectations, and personally felt bad as I did it. I don't think this guy felt that at all......he had lost control of himself. Especially when he would whip her, walk around then whip her some more, catch his breath and whip her again, etc. He was venting rage, not seeking to discipline and teach.

I totally believe she played up the drama and instigated the whole thing for the purpose of filming it, though. I would especially whip her ass for that.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #46
Dropem_low
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2006 raven
Man im all for whooping a kids a$$ when they get outa line but this is a little extreme IMO. And the parents fighting over who gets the belt is just sad. That was 18 shots she took and you could tell he was putting all his mite into them
Dropem_low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #47
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropem_low View Post
Man im all for whooping a kids a$$ when they get outa line but this is a little extreme IMO. And the parents fighting over who gets the belt is just sad. That was 18 shots she took and you could tell he was putting all his mite into them
And I bet that little bitch quit stealing music online

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #48
rexmitchell

Funny, according to our local paper, daddy took away her mercedes and the spoiled bitch didn't like it so cut the video loose.......Strange how these things happen

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation...e-1946876.html

Quote:
McALLEN, Texas — A Texas judge who presides over child abuse cases said Thursday that his daughter posted a YouTube video of him beating her several years ago because he told her he was reducing her financial support and taking away her Mercedes.

Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, 51, issued a statement through his lawyer in which he questioned his 23-year-old daughter Hillary's motives for posting the secretly made 2004 video online last week. The three-page statement did not include an apology for the beating, in which the judge lashed his daughter with a belt 17 times in the legs while she begged him to stop.

Police launched an investigation into the beating on Wednesday, and on Thursday, the state Department of Family and Protective Services confirmed that it had requested that Adams not handle any of its cases while it conducts its own investigation.

Patrick Crimmins, a spokesman for the agency, declined to elaborate on the exact nature of the investigation. But he said in general, the agency would only investigate a case in which a suspected abuse victim has already reached adulthood if there are still children in the home who could be at risk. Adams was granted joint custody of his 10-year-old daughter in his 2007 divorce.

There are no allegations of alleged abuse by Adams against his younger daughter, who primarily resides with her mother, Hallie Adams. Crimmins declined to say whether his agency is investigating the parental fitness of Hallie Adams, who lashed Hillary once during the 2004 beating.

Crimmins said his agency ordinarily wouldn't disclose that its investigations, but it did in this case because the investigation is the reason it requested that William Adams not be assigned to its cases.

Adams, Aransas County's top judge, was elected in 2001 and has dealt with at least 349 family law cases in the past year alone, nearly 50 of which involved state caseworkers seeking determine whether parents were fit to raise their children.

In the video, which has been viewed on YouTube more than 2.4 million times, the judge lashes his then 16-year-old daughter with a belt while she wailed and pleaded with him to stop. At the beginning of the video he tells his wife to get his younger daughter out of the room. He told a TV station Wednesday that the video "looks worse than it is" and that he was just disciplining his child.

The child protection investigation comes on top of investigations by Rockport Police, Texas Rangers and the State Commission on Judicial Conduct. Adams said in his statement Thursday that he will "respond" to any investigations.

County officials confirmed that Adams will not hear cases related to Child Protective Services for at least the next two weeks. And the top administrator in Aransas County cast doubt on whether Adams could credibly return to the bench.

"I would think it would be very difficult," said Aransas County Judge C.H. "Burt" Mills Jr. "Personally I don't see how he can recover from this."

If the judicial commission and police investigations don't lead to punishment or charges, Adams could be safe on the bench until he's up for re-election in three years.

Hillary Adams says the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the clip last week is tempered by the sadness that it's her father repeatedly lashing her with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission."

"I'm experiencing some regret because I just pulled the covers off my own father's misbehavior after so many people thought he was such a good person. ... But so many people are also telling me I did the right thing," she told The Associated Press outside her mother's home in the Gulf Coast town of Portland on Wednesday.

She said the attack was not a one-off. "It did happen regularly for a period of time," she told NBC's "Today" show on Thursday during an appearance with her mother.

In that interview, Hallie Adams blamed her ex-husband's bouts of violence on his "addiction," calling it a "family secret." She did not elaborate. Their 22-year marriage ended in 2007. She also said William Adams had threatened to have their custody agreement modified to take their younger daughter away.

William Adams painted a different picture.

"Just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply 'drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video game store," Adams' statement said. "Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it."

Hillary Adams did not immediately respond to email requests Thursday seeking a response. She said Wednesday that she turned on the video camera in 2004 because her parents were angry that she had downloaded pirated content online and she sensed something was going to happen.

Corpus Christi television station KZTV caught up with the judge Wednesday and he said, "In my mind, I haven't done anything wrong other than discipline my child after she was caught stealing," Adams said. "And I did lose my temper, but I've since apologized."

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 02:56 AM   #49
Creeping Death
Born Again Patriot

Bikes: 2009 YZF-R1, Raven
Spoiled little bitch...

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:17 AM   #50
LudjakR1
Top Gun

Bikes: 08 R1 Raven modded, 04 R1 LOADED
fuc**ng bitch, When i saw her face on TV I knew this btch was up to something. Like mama like daughter.

Sig by Petrol
LudjakR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #51
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudjakR1 View Post
fuc**ng bitch, When i saw her face on TV I knew this btch was up to something. Like mama like daughter.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #52
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
took her benz huh? Well expect to see her on a stripper pole somewhere

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #53
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBLACKKNIGHT View Post
took her benz huh? Well expect to see her on a stripper pole somewhere
Probly working the same club with her mother

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #54
cyclepsycho7
R1, "A Superior Addiction"

Bikes: 06 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
I doubt it, the mom's not much of a looker,

cyclepsycho7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #55
rexmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclepsycho7 View Post
I doubt it, the mom's not much of a looker,
Mom=day shift, Daughter=night crew

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #56
LudjakR1
Top Gun

Bikes: 08 R1 Raven modded, 04 R1 LOADED
Quote:
This

Quote:
Mom=day shift, Daughter=night crew
and this

Sig by Petrol
LudjakR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #57
rexmitchell

Interesting outcome here, the courts reinstated the judge Guess the spoiled little bitch wasn't right after all

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/11...ench?hpt=hp_t3

Quote:
The nation may remember Judge William Adams as the judge who was caught on YouTube viciously beating his then-16-year-old daughter Hillary Adams with a leather belt.

Adams will soon be back on the bench presiding over cases in Aransas County, Texas. The Supreme Court of Texas reinstated him Tuesday.

READ FOR YOURSELF: The order reinstating Adams on the bench

Adams was temporarily suspended on November 22, 2011.

The one-page order reinstating Adams has a couple of conditions.

Adams can no longer preside over the physical domestic abuse cases that made up most of his court docket.

He also cannot appeal the Texas State Commission on Judicial Conduct's public warning issued in September telling him that abusive behavior will not be tolerated.

READ FOR YOURSELF: The commission's public warning

The video of the beating was recorded in 2004, but didn’t go viral until last year.

Prosecutors could not bring charges against Adams because the beating happened too long ago. Therefore, In Session legal experts say, the Texas State Commission on Judicial Conduct had limited options with how to discipline the judge. However, the people of Texas may get the last word as to whether Adams will continue to preside over cases. Adams is an elected official, and is up for re-election in 2014.

Adams has defended his actions in the local media, saying he was only disciplining his child.

Hillary Adams told CNN's Anderson Cooper in November 2011 that she uploaded the footage years after the beating happened to help her reconcile with her father and to show him it was wrong.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #58
smitty404
2 wierd to live, 2 rare to die

Bikes: 03' R1 SE
Quote:
Again, there is one side to this story, the girl and moms Hard to judge what is and isn't warranted without knowing what else happened that day, week, month, year. Maybe it was the 20th time he told her to stop doing it and one good shot didn't work the first 19 times.
Umm, then obviously beating her isn't working? Try something else 16 years later? Physical punishment and physical abuse are two different things. This is abuse no matter how you try and justify it. It is uncalled for and obviously not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

Petrol is the man!! Thanks for the sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol_Spice View Post
I'm currently smasked out on Codine so pfft meh to you
smitty404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #59
smitty404

Quote:
And I bet that little bitch quit stealing music online
So is it her 19th time doing something wrong or are the beatings working?

Quote:
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #60
smitty404

Quote:
Funny, according to our local paper, daddy took away her mercedes and the spoiled bitch didn't like it so cut the video loose.......Strange how these things happen

http://www.statesman.com/news/nation...e-1946876.html
Proves abusing a child like that doesn't actually work. As already stated, these people have no idea what the point of discipline is. That girl hasn't learned one thing from them. Oh we'll, maybe her beatings into her twenties will finally let something sink in.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement