R1-Forum Presents Dave Moss - Page 4 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Mechanical / Help This area to for help in the areas of, engine, carbs, transmission, suspension, mounting etc

Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #61
Saphexus
You don't impress me.

Bikes: 2011 Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
people are really getting away from the galfer mind set on here thankfully. for years they were seemingly the "cool" thing to have without much real reason or performance backing behind everyone having them. i never went that route because everyone had them and i wanted something different. if you're going to upgrade your rotors, braketech irons seem to be the way to go currently for an actual performance upgrade.
thanks. definitely gonna look at those. been trying to figure that crap out for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #62
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Missed it. In my box at work

Hoping to have a chance at the recording
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #63
edwho?
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Love Dave moss! Go way back when I was building his SV650's. he knows his shit on suspension and one of the most genuine guys in our industry. Try not to run him off

See ya at AFM awards Dave!
edwho? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #64
jake300win
assfault junkies

Bikes: 2007 r1
Subscribed for next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com App

"That doesn't sound right but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it"
jake300win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #65
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb View Post
Missed it. In my box at work

Hoping to have a chance at the recording
DanQ's link in post #33 still works to watch recording. Thanks DanQ ! Can't wait for the next !
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #66
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick kurt View Post
DanQ's link in post #33 still works to watch recording. Thanks DanQ ! Can't wait for the next !
Thanks. Can't watch it at work I'll catch up at home.
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #67
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #68
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
I'd really like to say thanks to Dave and Dan! Great video.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #69
Guate
♠♣♦♥★

Bikes: 13 RSV4--09 R6--14 KTM 690
Excellent show, very informative but that's always expected from Dave's videos, thank you for posting this, and keep em coming if possible, thanks Dan and Dave.
Guate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #70
r1ian
Have you hugged your R1 today?

Bikes: '99 R1, '00+ RC51(track), '02 Monster 620
Thanks Dan for bringing Dave in on this forum. I think I have watched every video that Dave has ever produced. I have also e-mailed him personally on a couple of occasions. He has always responded to any of my questions.
I enjoyed the video, but I did not get access to the chat portion. I logged in via facebook could this be why?
I am looking forward to any other videos in the future.
Thanks again Dan.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #71
Saphexus
You don't impress me.

Bikes: 2011 Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ian View Post
Thanks Dan for bringing Dave in on this forum. I think I have watched every video that Dave has ever produced. I have also e-mailed him personally on a couple of occasions. He has always responded to any of my questions.
I enjoyed the video, but I did not get access to the chat portion. I logged in via facebook could this be why?
I am looking forward to any other videos in the future.
Thanks again Dan.
I logged in via bookface, and it let me in the chat thingy, so maybe that's not it... also, some people had 30 sec commercials outta nowhere, but I didn't. I wonder if it's just a matter of location?
Old 11-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #72
davemosstuning
Dave Moss

Bikes: 2009 R1
I've read up just now on all the posts. Big thanks to Dan for sticking his neck out and getting this accomplished.

Had no idea of the "random" commercials that appeared. We are researching other venues instead for obvious reasons on our end and Dmitriy will chat with Dan about that for future broadcasts. If you have any input, experience or connections, please put them in this thread.

Sorry I didn't get to every question as the dealership needed to close and staff needed to go home to their families. When I get my own TV studio aka garage remodel or something like that, it can run longer (I'm looking for an angel investor Feb next year).

Wheels question:- the wheels I have on the bike are from Carrozzeria, full data test etc here:
http://feelthetrack.com/?page_id=959

Brakes:- you choose from stainless, iron etc and you check out the engineering behind the product for production tolerances and heat treatment. It's your money so make an informed choice. A you can see on my R1, it is still stock lines and rotors after 12k+ track miles. For racing - that's different..... I race to win so I buy what I think is the best BUT that works best for me as well.

If we get questions posted in the thread in advance on the topic of the show, that will make it easier for me to download them all and then answer them so everything is covered. It also allows me to aggregate questions to answer them fully, not repeat answers. Make sense? If we close the questions portion 2 hours before the show, I can organize everything and give you the best possible answer to your question(s).

If you want more general info:

www.feelthetrack.com

YouTube
catalystreactionsbw
sportbikewrench
onthethrottletv

For those with an R6, this page will be very helpful:-
http://feelthetrack.com/?page_id=325

Thank you all for watching, and please keep the feedback coming so Dan and I can see if there's sufficient interest in doing a series of shows over the winter. The shows would be specific to the R1 and R6.

Take care!
davemosstuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #73
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
Looks like I still need to work on my forks...I still bottom them out even after service and "proper" oil level...so I'll up oil level and see what that does
Maybe we can get around that. The springs are close. We can adjust some things to make it better.

Thanks so much Dave for answering my questions and being an all around good sport! We are so honored to have you here and posting. I have a bunch of questions so this will be directly beneficial to a bunch of members here I've been working with this past year.

Dan, once again, you're the man!
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #74
greenstreak9205
look for special phrase here

Bikes: That signature bike
Dan and Dave....: thanks much and I enjoyed the session. Sorry I can't give any suggestions, but I can't wait for the next one

The Man, The Legend Uncle P

Phantom Squadron CO Check Out Phantom Squadron Here
greenstreak9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #75
Death R1
99 R1

Bikes: 99 R1
This was excellent ..really enjoyed it. didn't like the commercials as much ... but I can live with it.

"In pursuit of more speed with the same power"

my "back from the dead" thread:
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263176

99 R1 parts for sale :
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307491
Death R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #76
Death R1
99 R1

Bikes: 99 R1
sorry for the multiple questions and I wasn't sure if we were limited to suspension questions :

comments on the following:

1) charging system weaknesses - how to improve ( rick's stator? )

2) slipper clutch benefit on engine braking / suspension setup for turns

3) 98 yec ecu -what's the usb port for ?

4) the differences in suspension handling of the R1 from generation to generation (ie: the first gens were the lightest which benefited in the turns / 02-04 had better flickability / 04-06 had more adjustment / etc / etc ). Which R1 year was the best handling R1 and why ?

5) what benefit ( suspension / handling ) does one get from sticking leg out like flattrackers. See this in motogp alot.

6) advantages of the 4-1 system vs 4-2-1 system for the R1 ( non cross plane and cross plane )

7) reason and advantages from switching from 5 valves to 4 valves per cylinder on 0the 100cc motor

sorry for all the questions .. figured I'd take advantage of the knowledge --- feel free to PM me answers or post here if not appropriate for the video streaming.

"In pursuit of more speed with the same power"

my "back from the dead" thread:
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263176

99 R1 parts for sale :
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307491

Last edited by Death R1; 11-10-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Death R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #77
Net-Jester
Braaaaapppp!!

Bikes: 2K R1, KX125
I'd be very interested in a bit more elaborate description of body position with adjusting the bars vs clipons and lever adjustment for wrist placement,

[strike]and rearsets for foot placement and position.[/strike]

Sorry I missed the first few minutes and my questions for this were answered already.
A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.Ecclesiastes10:19

http://kewlwebstuff.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/N3tJ3st3r

Mods: Hotbodies undertail, Mig high mount, exup removed, polished frame and swingarm, paint.

Mods to do: Add gas.

Last edited by Net-Jester; 11-09-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Net-Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #78
DanQ
Yamaha blue, in any color.

Bikes: 91 FZR1000, 04 YZF-R1, 05 V-Max 0098/2000, 04 Warrior, 05 R6
I've been discussing with Dave the follow on of our series. We are looking at some new options for the web cast. We'll go ahead and continue the questions in this thread for the R1-Forum since Dave is subscribed to the thread, and if he misses something I can get it to his crew.

I really enjoyed the first session (commercials aside) and I really was happy that some of the Q&A was answered in a way that I might have answered. So I'm still learning.

And I want to thank Dave here openly. Dave: You've been extremely instrumental in my understanding of chassis tuning, travel and balance, and I'm extremely happy to to help you get others to understand suspension issues better.

I'd like to ask everyone to post their questions in this thread. One question per post please, in the following format:

Question: What is suspension, and why do I need one?

I am hoping to keep your concerns as clear and concise so Dave can work on them and provide answers and insight as need be. I know Dave will try to answer questions from the web cast chat and anything else he can, but if I could ask you all to please allow him to stay organized and on target, I'm sure we'll have another awesome session with Dave Moss. Please spread the word, and lets get an even larger turnout for the next session! Conversation with Dave tell that he has some very interesting material for us and the R6 Forum

Signature by SpidermanSS. Thanks Shane!
Dan
R1-016 'Venom' Squadron Member
CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1

05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 Vmax 20th Anniversary 98 of 2000
04 Road Star Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
DanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links