Anyone have MIVV exhaust? : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
Trevmo
Ride it like you stole it!

Bikes: 2004 YZF-R1
Anyone have MIVV exhaust?

Just wondering if anyone on here has MIVV exhaust and what kind they have. I have been looking into getting new exhaust but not sure what. I saw the MIVV exhaust and it looks pretty good but not sure about the quality of it. Any input would be great.
Trevmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
GreasySnipe
Don't eat the Banana

Bikes: 2010 R-1, 2013 1199 Panigale S
I have Them on my Duc but still running the stock cans on the r1, But from the quality I haven't seen anything break or shoddy workmanship from them myself. They are loud as hell with the baffles out and sound very throaty/aggressive- the one thing I can comment on is that the "removable" baffles took a hammer and a Drift to knock out after I removed the C-clip that holds them in. I'm planning on Akro's for the R-1 when I get the funds.
GreasySnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Trevmo
Ride it like you stole it!

Bikes: 2004 YZF-R1
Awesome, thanks for the info. I was looking at the MIVV X-Cone because it doesn't look so fat and bulky. On the other hand, I don't like the 'tapered' look of the x-cone's and how they go from small to big. Who knows... I am glad to hear that MIVV's at least sound pretty good.
Trevmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
PurePerformance
Pure Performance Cycles

Bikes: 2007 Triumph Daytona 675
My brother has MIVV on his Monster 600 and they are good quality exhausts. Our company has access to MIVV but sometimes it could take a few weeks to special order. One of the things to consider is replacement parts when you are purchasing a high-end exhaust. In my opinion Arrow, Akrapovic, Yoshimura offer excellent after sales customer service & attention to detail but MIVV are great sounding/looking pipes. You should be able to get replacement parts in case you need but might wait a little longer.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
graphitegripper
I eat my R1

Bikes: Dark Silver 07 R1
Running a mivv y on my 07, quality and craftsmanship is excellent, fitment, use of oem heat shield etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Advertisement