YEC rotor on a 06 R1!! - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #21
petros
My R1 eats me.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
hello guys
hello Marcos
i have new Yamaha Yec flywheel magnet generator rotors (about 170gram lighter) for R1 04 - 08
(olso fit at Fz1 and Fz8)
free shipping worldwide with track number
price:
850euros,about 1080-1090 dollars
e mail me for details

Last edited by petros; 09-20-2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: more words for easy finding
petros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #22
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
i think that the best way is to buy it second handed as i did... i bought it for 600 euro (approx 770$)
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #23
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick kurt View Post
Any chance you weighed both rotors ? Curious.
as petros said the YEC rotor is 170 gramms lighter than the OEM!!!
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #24
iGoldeneye
WERA? \_(ツ)_/ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1 Raven - '04 GSXR600 (track) - 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary (sold)
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,255
Interesting

I wonder if they have one for the wobbler
__________________

Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21

View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post

Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #25
im2fast2furious
Chain Breaker
 
im2fast2furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Bikes: 08R1 SBK 07 + 03R1 SUPERSTOCK
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,577
I have just bought one of these. The weight difference In them I can't see making much of a difference to the performance. There is also no real difference in frictional values I would say. I would think that where the gains are got from is By having a lower emf. As the engine spins up this rotor acts as a brake which increases the faster it gets.
After looking at a spare standard one I have Liam I think what that guy told you about 2 phase and 3 phase is wrong.Purely because the rotor is being changed not the windings.

Interseting that this works with a Lipo battery, Those batteries charge a lot faster than ordinary ones maybe thats why it works for street purposes.
__________________
Mods: sticky tires, octane booster, visor tare offs and a furry dice key ring.

Last edited by im2fast2furious; 11-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.
im2fast2furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #26
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by im2fast2furious View Post
I have just bought one of these. The weight difference In them I can't see making much of a difference to the performance. There is also no real difference in frictional values I would say. I would think that where the gains are got from is By having a lower emf. As the engine spins up this rotor acts as a brake which increases the faster it gets.
After looking at a spare standard one I have Liam I think what that guy told you about 2 phase and 3 phase is wrong.Purely because the rotor is being changed not the windings.

Interseting that this works with a Lipo battery, Those batteries charge a lot faster than ordinary ones maybe thats why it works for street purposes.
thats right you must have a Lipo battery to avoid any problems with charging...
also i would like to ask you if you have any other performance parts on your bike like camshafts, spring valves etc. this rotor works better on a tuned engine!!!
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #27
im2fast2furious
Chain Breaker
 
im2fast2furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Bikes: 08R1 SBK 07 + 03R1 SUPERSTOCK
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by markosaspiotis View Post
thats right you must have a Lipo battery to avoid any problems with charging...
also i would like to ask you if you have any other performance parts on your bike like camshafts, spring valves etc. this rotor works better on a tuned engine!!!
Way to many performance parts to list, the bike is pushing out a genuine 197bhp at the moment. Trying to get the last couple hp out of it without going the turbo or nos route.
__________________
Mods: sticky tires, octane booster, visor tare offs and a furry dice key ring.
im2fast2furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by im2fast2furious View Post
Way to many performance parts to list, the bike is pushing out a genuine 197bhp at the moment. Trying to get the last couple hp out of it without going the turbo or nos route.
well then i dont know why you didnt saw any diefference.... i also have a lot of things on my r1 and mine is 190 wheel HP... and i saw a good difference!!!
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #29
im2fast2furious
Chain Breaker
 
im2fast2furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Bikes: 08R1 SBK 07 + 03R1 SUPERSTOCK
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by markosaspiotis View Post
well then i dont know why you didnt saw any diefference.... i also have a lot of things on my r1 and mine is 190 wheel HP... and i saw a good difference!!!
No sorry for the misunderstanding, I haven't fitted it yet its on its way to me. Thats great to know that you noticed a big difference in a bike thats putting out around the same power. How much power does it feel like it added, do you have any dyno info before and after? I can't wait to try it now
__________________
Mods: sticky tires, octane booster, visor tare offs and a furry dice key ring.
im2fast2furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #30
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE
 
quick kurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Location: Philly now Langhorne Pa.
Posts: 3,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoldeneye View Post
Interesting

I wonder if they have one for the wobbler
Of course they do, about $3000
__________________
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #31
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by im2fast2furious View Post
No sorry for the misunderstanding, I haven't fitted it yet its on its way to me. Thats great to know that you noticed a big difference in a bike thats putting out around the same power. How much power does it feel like it added, do you have any dyno info before and after? I can't wait to try it now
it's not a very big defference but its a good defference because you can see that the engine accelerates better than before and also it is overreving on the neutral like a hell...!!!
i'm sorry but i dont have dyno results after the rotor installing but i dont care so much because i'm ok about the rotor i saw only positiv changes...
i hope that infos can help you
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #32
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoldeneye View Post
Interesting

I wonder if they have one for the wobbler
yeah sure they have but its too expensive because its a kit of rotor, stator and cover!!! and if you think that for 04-08 r1 the rotor only costs 1300$.... for the 09 r1 ++++$$$$
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #33
im2fast2furious
Chain Breaker
 
im2fast2furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Bikes: 08R1 SBK 07 + 03R1 SUPERSTOCK
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by markosaspiotis View Post
it's not a very big defference but its a good defference because you can see that the engine accelerates better than before and also it is overreving on the neutral like a hell...!!!
i'm sorry but i dont have dyno results after the rotor installing but i dont care so much because i'm ok about the rotor i saw only positiv changes...
i hope that infos can help you
Cool well that sounds like 2-5bhp from what you are saying. I am fortunate enough to have a dyno not so far away that gives really accurate info back, it uses a real light drum so tyres etc don't upset it. I will be doing a test before and after for this part. I will leave you know what gains I see.
__________________
Mods: sticky tires, octane booster, visor tare offs and a furry dice key ring.
im2fast2furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #34
markosaspiotis
Ride It Like You Stole It!
 
markosaspiotis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Bikes: Aprilia SR 86cc BigBore, R1 06(SBK project), CRF450R SM 04
Location: Corfu/Greece
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by im2fast2furious View Post
Cool well that sounds like 2-5bhp from what you are saying. I am fortunate enough to have a dyno not so far away that gives really accurate info back, it uses a real light drum so tyres etc don't upset it. I will be doing a test before and after for this part. I will leave you know what gains I see.
ok mate thanks a lot!!!
__________________

R1 2006 (SBK project)
markosaspiotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.