Friend Totaled My 2011 R1 - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #21
Flexxx
*Insert Witty Phrase Here*

Bikes: A couple 09 R1's, 07 zx6r(sold), 05 R6(sold), 03 R1(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissdaring View Post
If you seen this bike in person you would think otherwise. trust me! As a hobby I work on cars and sometime bikes and this bike is in no was workable.
You should've seen the R1 I'm building up when I first got it. Twice as mangled. But I got it for cheap.

Either way, wrecked is wrecked, sucks regardless.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON JOIN HERE

My 09 R1 Build

My Crossplane-Powered 37 Legends Car Build

Flexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #22
Flexxx
*Insert Witty Phrase Here*

Bikes: A couple 09 R1's, 07 zx6r(sold), 05 R6(sold), 03 R1(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
and what if it gets stolen? Oh yeah, it did.

NC STATE LEAD
R1-016 VENOM SQUADRON JOIN HERE

My 09 R1 Build

My Crossplane-Powered 37 Legends Car Build

Flexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #23
kissdaring
Love to ride like your b1tch

Bikes: BMW S1000RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
I can tell you that I would have left one of my friends the key too. I expect my friends respect my property, just as I would respect theirs. Otherwise they'll be paying for it, and I'll have a brand new bike
I agree 100% and this is what I thought! The funny thing is I was heard that the whole time he had it he was driving beyond reckless!

Black 2011 R1 Crashed! *Not by me*
Black 2010 BMW S1000RR Sold.
Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

kissdaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #24
kissdaring

Quote:
full coverage down here for someone with 3 minor tickets was worth more then the bike/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexxx View Post
You should've seen the R1 I'm building up when I first got it. Twice as mangled. But I got it for cheap.

Either way, wrecked is wrecked, sucks regardless.
Nothing is impossible. however even with used parts from all over would have cost most then 8K. and the frame was bent and cracked!

Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #25
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Quote:
I agree 100% and this is what I thought! The funny thing is I was heard that the whole time he had it he was driving beyond reckless!

Really sucks man... I remember how much sleep I lost when I gently dropped my in some grass and scratched the right fairing. I couldn't imagine how much sleep I'd lose if I was in your position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
R1SoDaRkLy
USMC For LIfe

Press charges, he will be found guilty, take him to small claims court, win your money, pay your attorney.....END

It will be a long drawn out process however, it will suck, and hopefully....you will have learned your lesson.

This is why I do not let my "friends" anywhere near the seat of ANY of my vehicles.

Thank you for proving my point!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
RC-DEVIL
I eat my R1

Bikes: 06 R1, 01 RC51, 75 CB550f Cafe
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA, thanks but thats not going to happen
i would have just rented a storage space for a month and called it a day....that way no one even knows where it is even if they want to ride it
Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #28
RC-DEVIL
I eat my R1

Bikes: 06 R1, 01 RC51, 75 CB550f Cafe
Quote:
**** it. kill the guy. call it a day
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
kissdaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
Really sucks man... I remember how much sleep I lost when I gently dropped my in some grass and scratched the right fairing. I couldn't imagine how much sleep I'd lose if I was in your position.
I know and i was in Paris at the time with my fiancee so you can only imagine how much of that trip I enjoyed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1SoDaRkLy View Post
Press charges, he will be found guilty, take him to small claims court, win your money, pay your attorney.....END

It will be a long drawn out process however, it will suck, and hopefully....you will have learned your lesson.

This is why I do not let my "friends" anywhere near the seat of ANY of my vehicles.

Thank you for proving my point!
100% agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
**** it. kill the guy. call it a day
real advice! unless you are looking to make some coin!!!! LOL

Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #30
SLEEP
Fancy Lad Finishing School

Bikes: 03 R6 and 07 R1
I had a situation very similar to this. Had an 03 R6 and a "friend" totaled it out. I had just moved back to Cali from Florida and while on the drive out I was told a few days after my arrival in Cali, I'd be deploying to Iraq. I had zero time to prep any of my belongings so I threw everything in storage and handed the keys over to who I thought was one of my best friends. I had a full tank of fuel in the R6 so, I taught him how to start it up and asked that he pull it out once a month and start her up but not to ride it since he'd never rode a bike before.

I come back from a 7 month deployment and find my bike in shambles! I asked what happend an he had some bull shit story about how he thought the tire may have gone flat and the bike fell over. I knew it was bullshit and later thay day he admitted that he tried to ride it but crashed immediately. I immediately began to whoop his ass! In fact I gave him about 3 or 4 more ass whoopins after the 1st one!

The damage estimate came up to over 6K and he promised to pay for it if given a little time. I ended up deploying again and really haven't been able to catch up with his punk ass since!

I've thought about taking legal action but wasn't sure what difference it would've made since he's a broke bastard. And being that this happend about 6 years ago, it's probably too late. I did take some satisfaction in beating his head til it was flat but if still didn't make up for the fact that I no longer had bike!

Side note: leaving fuel in my tank when I deploy seems to be a trend with me! Did the same thing to my R1 when I deployed in 08! I need to get my shit together!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #31
Blue Streak
I've fallen and I can't get up

Bikes: 2000 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Insurance in Ontario is insane. I never put theft or comphrehensive on my bikes. Mind you I can easily buy another bike and never leave my bike unattended. At home Samson guards it
Blue Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #32
kissdaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEP View Post
I had a situation very similar to this. Had an 03 R6 and a "friend" totaled it out. I had just moved back to Cali from Florida and while on the drive out I was told a few days after my arrival in Cali, I'd be deploying to Iraq. I had zero time to prep any of my belongings so I threw everything in storage and handed the keys over to who I thought was one of my best friends. I had a full tank of fuel in the R6 so, I taught him how to start it up and asked that he pull it out once a month and start her up but not to ride it since he'd never rode a bike before.

I come back from a 7 month deployment and find my bike in shambles! I asked what happend an he had some bull shit story about how he thought the tire may have gone flat and the bike fell over. I knew it was bullshit and later thay day he admitted that he tried to ride it but crashed immediately. I immediately began to whoop his ass! In fact I gave him about 3 or 4 more ass whoopins after the 1st one!

The damage estimate came up to over 6K and he promised to pay for it if given a little time. I ended up deploying again and really haven't been able to catch up with his punk ass since!

I've thought about taking legal action but wasn't sure what difference it would've made since he's a broke bastard. And being that this happend about 6 years ago, it's probably too late. I did take some satisfaction in beating his head til it was flat but if still didn't make up for the fact that I no longer had bike!

Side note: leaving fuel in my tank when I deploy seems to be a trend with me! Did the same thing to my R1 when I deployed in 08! I need to get my shit together!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
F88K man sorry to hear it. I cant afford to catch a charge over his ass. Im sure this is what he's looking for me to do and I dont want him to have the satisfaction of that!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak View Post
Insurance in Ontario is insane. I never put theft or comphrehensive on my bikes. Mind you I can easily buy another bike and never leave my bike unattended. At home Samson guards it
Thank bro, glad you understand where im coming from. we are getting killed down here! they wanted 12K a year for full coverage. 400% mark up on super sport!

Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

Old 11-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #33
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak View Post
He already lives in an apartment with no proper bike storage capability, so that's a strike. Then he leaves it with a buddy with the key for a long period.....strike 2. That's all his prerogative, I understand that, but it's pretty much guaranteeing that the bike is going to be stolen.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #34
kissdaring

Quote:
He already lives in an apartment with no proper bike storage capability, so that's a strike. Then he leaves it with a buddy with the key for a long period.....strike 2. That's all his prerogative, I understand that, but it's pretty much guaranteeing that the bike is going to be stolen.
what are you suggesting?

Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #35
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
what are you suggesting?
It was bound to happen anyway. Leaving a bike at an apartment complex is pretty much asking for it to get stolen. At least how this went down, you know who did it.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #36
kissdaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
It was bound to happen anyway. Leaving a bike at an apartment complex is pretty much asking for it to get stolen. At least how this went down, you know who did it.
not always the case my friend!!!! all the bikes you see below have been left outside and have never been stolen hit of touched!!!!! I have of course always been there to watch over them. the neighborhood i live in is very quiet and there isnt much activity and I mostly know everyone around there so they have eye too!

Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #37
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
not always the case my friend!!!! all the bikes you see below have been left outside and have never been stolen hit of touched!!!!! I have of course always been there to watch over them. the neighborhood i live in is very quiet and there isnt much activity and I mostly know everyone around there so they have eye too!

Do a quick search on here. I bet you 9 out of the top 10 results for "stolen bike" were from apartments.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #38
kissdaring

Quote:
Do a quick search on here. I bet you 9 out of the top 10 results for "stolen bike" were from apartments.
in any event this is not may case. So lets just stick to topic. this is not about where i live but rather what happened.

thanks

Blue 2009 R1 Sold,
Black 2008 R1 Sold,
Black 2006 R1 Sold,
White 2006 R1 Sold,
Red 2004 R6 Sold,

Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #39
SakiBomb
Herro!

Bikes: 05 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-DEVIL View Post
i would have just rented a storage space for a month and called it a day....that way no one even knows where it is even if they want to ride it
x1000

Run a trickle charger, if you can't, set it up for long-term storage and replace a few things when you get back if need be.

There's very few people you can trust explicitly, especially with a high-value item. Most of the times it's just family, and that can be shoddy sometimes. It's a shame what it's become I understand how you could've trusted a friend, but you live and learn. I'm sorry to hear about this.

Quote:
True, but all of those are pretty much here in the States.
SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #40
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiBomb View Post
x1000

Run a trickle charger, if you can't, set it up for long-term storage and replace a few things when you get back if need be.

There's very few people you can trust explicitly, especially with a high-value item. Most of the times it's just family, and that can be shoddy sometimes. It's a shame what it's become I understand how you could've trusted a friend, but you live and learn. I'm sorry to hear about this.

True, but all of those are pretty much here in the States.

I don't have friends that I feel that I couldn't trust with my life, let alone a motorcycle. I think the OP did the right thing, I would have done the same thing. Some people are just shittie people, plain and simple. I think he has learned that his "friend" is a shittie person... or a dumb ass, either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement