AR10/AR15 builders and Owners - Page 7 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #121
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
exactly. that's why I originally implied it was way too wide open of a question, and us telling him what brands, models, etc... don't help him solve anything, especially if he doesn't know the first damn thing about them, but is relying on a bunch of internet warrior hearsay.
It is why I have stayed out of this thread for the most part just going - . Except, of course, to agree with you on the Red Jacket ARs...you were spot on with that.

No offense to the OP, but he just sounds like he is going for "cool factor" versus actually asking specific questions about ARs or learning to shoot an AR or rifle to begin with.

He sounds like someone without any background and money just burning a hole in his pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
You selfish bastages, what if i have the same question and and you keep it to yourselves?

FYI if you buy an LWRC with a 14.7 bbl with pinned and welded flash hider and want to change the flash hider LWRC will only charge $60 to replace it. Just make sure it's long enough to cover the 16" oal requirement.

Boom see fuggers I don't have a problem with sharing info
We all know about pinning flash hiders already.

Quote:
Stand Back! Somebody's dropping some low risk knowledge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxcorey View Post
Keep friends close who own a lot of good guns

SIG courtesy of petrol!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #122
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
I'd drop low $ on the cheap rifle, then post all over the internet that it's a POS when it doesn't live up to my high $ expectations.
There are some damn fine cheap rifle out there that will out shoot the high end stuff. Savage for one, Tikka for another. Ithica for a while was branding the tikka's so they were super cheap. Marlin bolt action rimfire rifles are the shiznit as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post

I seem to know a few of those
Who DAt?
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #123
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
There are some damn fine cheap rifle out there that will out shoot the high end stuff. Savage for one, Tikka for another. Ithica for a while was branding the tikka's so they were super cheap. Marlin bolt action rimfire rifles are the shiznit as well.

Who DAt?
A gentleman never tells

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
That dude is a walking tampon.
rexmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #124
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
A gentleman never tells
Cuz you know snitches get stitches

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #125
Creeping Death
Born Again Patriot

Bikes: 2009 YZF-R1, Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
You get what you pay for.
True but it's a ready to run rifle that he can build off of.

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #126
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Quote:
It is why I have stayed out of this thread for the most part just going - . Except, of course, to agree with you on the Red Jacket ARs...you were spot on with that.

No offense to the OP, but he just sounds like he is going for "cool factor" versus actually asking specific questions about ARs or learning to shoot an AR or rifle to begin with.

He sounds like someone without any background and money just burning a hole in his pocket.

We all know about pinning flash hiders already.

Did you miss where I said I'd rather have a ugly gun that shot good, than have a sick looking gun that couldn't hit a side of a barn? Best thing to do is read all the posts I make, before assuming I understand that getting something that millspec is probably my best route, and with the help of other here, i'm research into other brands, and trying to find what's best for me.

While I have a limited backround on rifles, I have quite the collection on hand guns. I'm no gun smith, but I do all the tear downs on my weapons, and that included the FNP-40. I want to add that, that gun is probably the biggest pain in my ass to tear down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.

Last edited by NoxImus; 11-14-2012 at 05:40 PM.
NoxImus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #127
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
Did you miss where I said I'd rather have a ugly gun that shot good, than have a sick looking gun that couldn't hit a side of a barn? Best thing to do is read all the posts I make, before assuming I understand that getting something that millspec is probably my best route, and with the help of other here, i'm research into other brands, and trying to find what's best for me.

While I have a limited backround on rifles, I have quite the collection on hand guns. I'm no gun smith, but I do all the tear downs on my weapons, and that included the FNP-40. I want to add that, that gun is probably the biggest pain in my ass to tear down.
I read this entire thread. Did you not read or understand what I said?

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #128
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
I read this entire thread. Did you not read or understand what I said?
Nope, closed my eyes and completely assumed that you had reasonable thinking to say that I'm all about something cool and flashy, and not a straight shooter.

So, was it out of pure ignorance why you said what you did? I clearly put in a post that I'm not about looks, thus meaning that I don't care what they look like as long as its a performer. I also said that I wanted to make a well informed decision on my buy, and not just jump into anything... thus meaning I don't have money burning a hole in my pocket... kind of the whole point in this thread. Wait, I should probably go back and make sure I didn't type in Chinese, I have a tendency of switching over unconsciously.

sorry if I seem upset, I'm not. I just hate when people are blind, and make ignorant statements.

Quote:

Last edited by NoxImus; 11-14-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #129
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Nope, closed my eyes and completely assumed that you had reasonable thinking to say that I'm all about something cool and flashy, and not a straight shooter.

So, was it out of pure ignorance why you said what you did? I clearly put in a post that I'm not about looks, thus meaning that I don't care what they look like as long as its a performer. I also said that I wanted to make a well informed decision on my buy, and not just jump into anything... thus meaning I don't have money burning a hole in my pocket... kind of the whole point in this thread. Wait, I should probably go back and make sure I didn't type in Chinese, I have a tendency of switching over unconsciously.

sorry if I seem upset, I'm not. I just hate when people are blind, and make ignorant statements.
Let me point something out for you -

Quote:

Now read it again.

You started a thread not really asking any specific questions at all. You come off as in just looking for opinions as to what everyone likes, which just sounds like you are just trying to "fit in" or get a rifle that everyone will like. You are the one coming off as a "geardo" or "mall ninja" in this thread.

You don't sound like you actually did any research, nor do you sound like you have any experience. You sound like someone just looking to buy up the "cool" shit to look "cool" because you haven't come in with specific questions, and you are all over the place with manufacturers, calibers, whatever. I am pointing out how you come off; I wasn't the first person to insinuate this.

"Ignorance"? Really? You are a noob here and asking something you know nothing about and you are going to accuse me or us about "ignorance" on a subject you have no idea about? Some of us here have years of experience shooting these "cool MILSPEC gunz" that you are so fond of. Instead of worrying about me and what I am saying, I suggest you actually go and do some research of your own instead of coming on here sounding like you are just looking for approval with a new toy purchase.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #130
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

I just wanna see more pics of the gal in his avatar
Old 11-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #131
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
Let me point something out for you -

Now read it again.

You started a thread not really asking any specific questions at all. You come off as in just looking for opinions as to what everyone likes, which just sounds like you are just trying to "fit in" or get a rifle that everyone will like. You are the one coming off as a "geardo" or "mall ninja" in this thread.

You don't sound like you actually did any research, nor do you sound like you have any experience. You sound like someone just looking to buy up the "cool" shit to look "cool" because you haven't come in with specific questions, and you are all over the place with manufacturers, calibers, whatever. I am pointing out how you come off; I wasn't the first person to insinuate this.

"Ignorance"? Really? You are a noob here and asking something you know nothing about and you are going to accuse me or us about "ignorance" on a subject you have no idea about? Some of us here have years of experience shooting these "cool MILSPEC gunz" that you are so fond of. Instead of worrying about me and what I am saying, I suggest you actually go and do some research of your own instead of coming on here sounding like you are just looking for approval with a new toy purchase.

Whao wait, so coming onto a non-biased forum and asking questions about AR's is the noob thing to do? I asked questions like, should I build or buy, what caliber do you like best (even naming calibers that I'm interested in), asking about specific manufactures, and even explaining what I want to use it for, and that's not specific enough for you? I'm not looking for your, or anyone elses approval on a new toy I want to buy, I want your input. Don't you think it would be much more boastful of me to post pictures of it, and brag rather than ask questions? So what you weren't the first person to make an ignorant comment, hell I've made them, do you want a cookie?

Quote:

Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #132
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
I just wanna see more pics of the gal in his avatar
I'm trying to get her to take some more for me. I'm home this weekend, lemme see what I can get her to do.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #133
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Whao wait, so coming onto a non-biased forum and asking questions about AR's is the noob thing to do? I asked questions like, should I build or buy, what caliber do you like best (even naming calibers that I'm interested in), asking about specific manufactures, and even explaining what I want to use it for, and that's not specific enough for you? I'm not looking for your, or anyone elses approval on a new toy I want to buy, I want your input. Don't you think it would be much more boastful of me to post pictures of it, and brag rather than ask questions? So what you weren't the first person to make an ignorant comment, hell I've made them, do you want a cookie?
You can ask whatever you want; I really don't give a shit. I never responded to you anyway, did I? I responded to others that posted in this thread. We can have all kinds of opinions here; it is how things work in this country. If you don't like the responses, then don't start a thread. Can you understand that much???

Oh, by the way, mouthing off isn't going to help your case here; you should pay more attention as to how a forum works.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #134
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
You would have been fine if you ran up a little bit with more info on what you want to use the gun for. It would be like walking into a chevy dealership and asking which car or truck is best. Totally subjective on you needs and wants. We could tell from your question how much you know about the rifles in question based on the fact that you immediately got defensive when you were pressed for specifics.

I'll go above and beyond as long as you treat me and the forum members with respect. That's all I ask, getting defensive when you could have just answered "I don't know" or "I'm not sure". Just be humble and come clean. It's really that simple. Lots of good dudes here that can really make your life easier.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #135
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
You would have been fine if you ran up a little bit with more info on what you want to use the gun for. It would be like walking into a chevy dealership and asking which car or truck is best. Totally subjective on you needs and wants. We could tell from your question how much you know about the rifles in question based on the fact that you immediately got defensive when you were pressed for specifics.

I'll go above and beyond as long as you treat me and the forum members with respect. That's all I ask, getting defensive when you could have just answered "I don't know" or "I'm not sure". Just be humble and come clean. It's really that simple. Lots of good dudes here that can really make your life easier.
Just to make it easier because he obviously missed it when I said it.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #136
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
You can ask whatever you want; I really don't give a shit. I never responded to you anyway, did I? I responded to others that posted in this thread. We can have all kinds of opinions here; it is how things work in this country. If you don't like the responses, then don't start a thread. Can you understand that much???

Oh, by the way, mouthing off isn't going to help your case here; you should pay more attention as to how a forum works.
Didn't think me defending my case was considered mouthing off. Sorry I got a bit brash, and hurt your feelings, but I don't think you showed me any respect. I give respect, when it's given to me, I'm a simple man.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #137
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser

Quote:
Didn't think me defending my case was considered mouthing off. Sorry I got a bit brash, and hurt your feelings, but I don't think you showed me any respect. I give respect, when it's given to me, I'm a simple man.
1. Your shit is tired
2. Respect is earned
3. You're barking up the wrong tree with this bullshit.

SIG courtesy of petrol!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #138
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
Rifle will be used for home defense, prep, and range shooting. like I said, I'd like to get a trijicon X4 at some point. I'd like something that's capable of reaching out a little bit and touching, but compact enough to take around corners... might be give and take there... i dont know.

First page of this thread. I also said that i'm not sure if it's give or take.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #139
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Frank only has one feeling, and unless your name's Kat, it ain't love.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #140
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
1. Your shit is tired
2. Respect is earned
3. You're barking up the wrong tree with this bullshit.
And, have you earned any with me?

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement