AR10/AR15 builders and Owners - Page 8 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #141
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post

First page of this thread. I also said that i'm not sure if it's give or take.
Yes, but only after you got snotty.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #142
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Yes, but only after you got snotty.
When did I get snotty? When I asked Kmac whether or not he was being serious?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #143
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
And, have you earned any with me?
Reading comprehension really, really isn't your strong suit, is it?
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #144
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
1. Your shit is tired
2. Respect is earned
3. You're barking up the wrong tree with this bullshit.
Sorry I couldn't make sense of this, that's with all honesty. But, I did ask plenty of questions wanting input. Good or bad, and i'll take all of the input that you've given so far, thanks!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #145
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
Sorry I couldn't make sense of this, that's with all honesty. But, I did ask plenty of questions wanting input. Good or bad, and i'll take all of the input that you've given so far, thanks!
Good thing someone set you straight. You should really thank that person.
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #146
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Good thing someone set you straight. You should really thank that person.
Someone set me straight? No, I'm giving you respect that you requested... Because I am a nice guy. I'm not sure if you mean a MOD messaging me to stop picking on you, threatening banning? Nope, it's just me being nice
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #147
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
Someone set me straight? No, I'm giving you respect that you requested... Because I am a nice guy. I'm not sure if you mean a MOD messaging me to stop picking on you, threatening banning? Nope, it's just me being nice
You really should just move on while you are ahead without all the obvious "tongue in cheek" bullshit.
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #148
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,114
Asking the lead mod if he's a troll wasn't stellar, and answering my question about what you want to use the rifle for with LMAO was another I took offense to. That's just me, and I'm Impotant now that I'm published! lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #149
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
You really should just move on while you are ahead without all the obvious "tongue in cheek" bullshit.
I'm seriously trying to be nice! What is it you'd like me to say to you? You're the one questioning everything I'm saying, illegitimately trying to be nice. How about some f$#@ing gun talk?

I've now decided that I am going to pursue the 7.62x51 caliber. For now, because I am unfamiliar with the platform, i'm going to do an "out of the box option." Given it's going to be shot at the rang, i'm sure nothing over 750 yds, what would you recommend? Yes, I'm looking for good, reliable brand names.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #150
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Asking the lead mod if he's a troll wasn't stellar, and answering my question about what you want to use the rifle for with LMAO was another I took offense to. That's just me, and I'm Impotant now that I'm published! lol
Ah see you took it the wrong way man. I said LMAO because you called me a mall ninja, in which i'm not. I just thought you were joking
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #151
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
I'm seriously trying to be nice! What is it you'd like me to say to you? You're the one questioning everything I'm saying, illegitimately trying to be nice. How about some f$#@ing gun talk?

I've now decided that I am going to pursue the 7.62x51 caliber. For now, because I am unfamiliar with the platform, i'm going to do an "out of the box option." Given it's going to be shot at the rang, i'm sure nothing over 750 yds, what would you recommend? Yes, I'm looking for good, reliable brand names.
Do you have a private range to shoot 750 or is most of the shooting going to be at 100 and less?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #152
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Do you have a private range to shoot 750 or is most of the shooting going to be at 100 and less?
Yeah, I actually have access to a 1000yd range in the next town over. I'd say that it will be mostly shot at the 250 yd rang, but I will from time to time, make it over to the 1000yd range. (obviously not shooting at 1000yds.)
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #153
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
Ah see you took it the wrong way man. I said LMAO because you called me a mall ninja, in which i'm not. I just thought you were joking
I was asking if you were a mall ninja. I send mall ninja's to an airsoft site.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #154
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
I was asking if you were a mall ninja. I send mall ninja's to an airsoft site.
That might be a little funner for me, then I can shoot my G/F in the ass.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #155
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
Yeah, I actually have access to a 1000yd range in the next town over. I'd say that it will be mostly shot at the 250 yd rang, but I will from time to time, make it over to the 1000yd range. (obviously not shooting at 1000yds.)
7.62 x 51 will do 1k yards if you use the right ammo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #156
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
7.62 x 51 will do 1k yards if you use the right ammo.
Would using a 14.5" barrel knock down the range of it a lot? or even a 16" barrel?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #157
Fikays
SuperMod Abuser
 
Fikays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Bikes: 2000 R1; 1999 R1 trackwhore; Sold: 1999 R1, 2000 Ducati 996, 2007 R6r, 2008 R6s
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 27,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
I'm seriously trying to be nice! What is it you'd like me to say to you? You're the one questioning everything I'm saying, illegitimately trying to be nice. How about some f$#@ing gun talk?

I've now decided that I am going to pursue the 7.62x51 caliber. For now, because I am unfamiliar with the platform, i'm going to do an "out of the box option." Given it's going to be shot at the rang, i'm sure nothing over 750 yds, what would you recommend? Yes, I'm looking for good, reliable brand names.
Here ya go, hero. Take your pick -

http://www.ar15.com/

http://www.m4carbine.net/

http://www.snipershide.com/

http://www.americanspecialops.com/

http://www.gunbroker.com/

http://www.sealswcc.com/

http://snipersparadise.com/sniperchat/

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/
__________________

SIG courtesy of petrol!


R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron CO
Fikays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #158
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
Would using a 14.5" barrel knock down the range of it a lot? or even a 16" barrel?
yes, you need at bare minimum a 20 if you want to do 1k. Be fine for 750 though. I'd go with a 16 so you don't have to deal with the NFA BS.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #159
Meister37
The Lead Farmer
 
Meister37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Location: Indy area
Posts: 25,114
223 can do 750 ok with the right ammo and it will be tons cheaper to shoot. I've shot Pdog at 650 plus in a heavy crosswind with a 24" ar.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Kirk is a total chick.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #160
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat
 
NoxImus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
223 can do 750 ok with the right ammo and it will be tons cheaper to shoot. I've shot Pdog at 650 plus in a heavy crosswind with a 24" ar.
I was reading through some government reviews on the round. I guess in the Iraq, and Afghanistan war they were having issues with range, and barrier penetration. I know I'll be shooting this at the range a lot, but I also would like it to be practical if shit ever hit the fan.


Thanks man, I will do some heavy reading through all of that. Thanks a lot.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.