Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What have you done to your R1 this past week?

1M views 12K replies 922 participants last post by  JLUnlimited 
#1 ·
Share the fun stuff you did with your favorite mistress.

Last weekend, I finally got around to something that was nagging me for a while. When I went to make right hand turns, I couldn't put my weight on the outside peg and lean as much as I wanted to. Turns out the peg knurls were all gone from over 8 years of riding. :scared

I moved around the worn out pegs of my Gilles rearset, swapped left for right to get the knurls to bite into my boots. Forgot what a pita they are to get access to. :mad:

Also couple bolts were seized. Bought some extractor bits but that didn't work. :rant:

I heated the frame and that wouldn't bulge. :flame:
I took a mini grinder disk to my dremel and made a big phillips head and I still couldn't torque it out. So I got my biggest screwdriver and hammer. Finally, got the top bolt to go. :chair:

The 2nd one still wouldn't bulge. Went back to the dremel and ground off most of the bolt top. Then it finally came out. A simple 10 minute job took 2 hours of cursing. :crash

Replaced all 4 bolts with stainless bolts this time. In the end, took a short ride up in the nearby hills. And all is well. :riding:

See less See more
Reactions: jheywood
#938 ·
I believe I got about 90 pics for $40. Lot's of pics are just kind of duplicates though. I've always heard you end up taking several hundred pics just to get a couple good ones. I actually had quite a few decent shots. I don't think $40 was a bad price. I've gotten two full days of pics several times for $75-90. After a while they all kind of look the same but they're nice to have to remember the day.

#939 ·
Then he must have not liked me, I skipped the pics while searching or there are more since I looked yesterday afternoon :dunno Or maybe I was too slow and didn't make it around enough :lol

Kinda hard to miss the primered R1 that has writing all over it though :hammer:

Thanks to Polakw/ar1 for having his way with my tail...wait..:confused:...that didnt come out right
:crash

#940 ·
:lol Great pics. Can't wait to get out again next year. :)

#944 ·
Installed a Translogic Dash from Brad @ Super Bike Supply...

Tapped into the OEM Dash wiring loom

Tapped in the OEM sensor...

Temp sensor bolt mounted on opposite side of headers...

Somewhere in-between wiring the ignition coil signal and OEM speed sensor under the tank and routing the cables...

Dash mounted...

Finalized cabling...

Installed...

Alien Motion 8-cell LiPo from Riders Discount...

More goodies on the way :drevil:

#947 ·
Re cushioned my seat.
I revived the cover, cut out the hump on the underside of the seat,cut a memory foam shower mart that I bought for $5 bucks, now my ass is much happier.:thumbup:
Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#948 ·
managed to break 3 bolts that hold the cams to the head...now to try to do this again w my last replacement bolt...if i fail again ill have to order more bolts and wait 2 weeks....wtf is the secret to getting the cam down evenly..im working the 20 bolts in slow and dont even get to torque spec yet and the pop..i can wiggle them in the studs were they broke...i got them all out but its pissing me off and wanna get the bike done and running b4 christmas!!! this is such a dumb problem for w everything ive done thus far...

#950 ·
not to be a dick, but maybe you should get somebody to stand next to you that knows what they are doing....believe me, i will try to work on anything and every thing myself, but there just might be that one thing, that is only meant for a mech

#961 ·
Rockstar fx decals, apex clip ons and barends, cowl, tail tidy, racetech fork springs, flashtuned ecu.

Coming soon: vortex rearsets, racetech rear spring, tech tank grips, hugger.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

#970 ·
It's a racefit black series M1 style. The black series aren't listed on their site I think, they are custom orders. It's awesome, the best looking and sweetest sounding exhaust EVER. But it's really really loud and there's no way to fit a baffle in them. If you don't mind loud you can't do better than this for looks and sound. Didn't notice performance taking a hit at all. I'm running it without any fuelling device or air filter. Installing the FT flash in a day or two though.