This Bobby Jindal doesn't seem so bad : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
This Bobby Jindal doesn't seem so bad

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/b...-election.html

LAS VEGAS--Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal criticized former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney on Wednesday for saying that he lost the 2012 election to President Barack Obama in part because Democrats promised "gifts" to minority groups, calling Romney's remarks "absolutely wrong."
According to The Los Angeles Times, Romney told donors on a conference call after the election that the Obama campaign "focused on giving targeted groups a big gift" and was "very generous" to ethnic minorities and young voters. Speaking to reporters here at an annual meeting of Republican governors, Jindal said such rhetoric could divide voting groups.
"I think that's absolutely wrong," Jindal said. "We have got to stop dividing the American voters. We need to go after 100 percent of the votes, not 53 percent. We need to go after every single vote. ... So I absolutely reject that notion, that description. I think it's absolutely wrong. I don't think that represents where we are as a party, where we're going as a party. That has got to be one of the most fundamental takeaways from this election."
Jindal, who is set to become chairman of the Republican Governors Association, has called on the party to reshape its tone when presenting ideas, especially to constituencies that traditionally vote Democratic.
"I'm passionate about it because I think it's extremely, extremely important," Jindal said. "This is just something that's fundamentally important for the future of our party."

On the surface he seems like a good egg, any ragin cajuns got the inside scoop?

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
RC-DEVIL
I eat my R1

Bikes: 06 R1, 01 RC51, 75 CB550f Cafe
+1 for the indian guy!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/b...-election.html

LAS VEGAS--Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal criticized former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney on Wednesday for saying that he lost the 2012 election to President Barack Obama in part because Democrats promised "gifts" to minority groups, calling Romney's remarks "absolutely wrong."
According to The Los Angeles Times, Romney told donors on a conference call after the election that the Obama campaign "focused on giving targeted groups a big gift" and was "very generous" to ethnic minorities and young voters. Speaking to reporters here at an annual meeting of Republican governors, Jindal said such rhetoric could divide voting groups.
"I think that's absolutely wrong," Jindal said. "We have got to stop dividing the American voters. We need to go after 100 percent of the votes, not 53 percent. We need to go after every single vote. ... So I absolutely reject that notion, that description. I think it's absolutely wrong. I don't think that represents where we are as a party, where we're going as a party. That has got to be one of the most fundamental takeaways from this election."
Jindal, who is set to become chairman of the Republican Governors Association, has called on the party to reshape its tone when presenting ideas, especially to constituencies that traditionally vote Democratic.
"I'm passionate about it because I think it's extremely, extremely important," Jindal said. "This is just something that's fundamentally important for the future of our party."

On the surface he seems like a good egg, any ragin cajuns got the inside scoop?
Jindal is right and he is wrong. What Romney said, much like his 47% comment is true. When you promise to tax the wealthy more to be able to pay for Obamacare, etc... then it is 'promising a gift to minority groups'. This is only one example. Jindal is lashing out against Romney because people don't like to hear the truth, and Jindal has future aspirations (bank on it). Jindal is right in that you can't just discount the "47%" because you think they're a lost cause because they're being promised gifts, etc..., you need to focus on them to change their mind. Romney absolutely BLEW that. He may not have been able to sway them enough to vote for him, but he could have changed their opinions in the direction he wanted so the next guy that comes along only has to change it a little more. If this isn't the case, Reagan would never have been able to get so many Dems to vote for him in massive numbers.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
racindego
Angry Misogynist

Bikes: 636 traded in for PW50
Fck that cab driver. This is nothing more than shameful pandering. He will be running for something soon for sure and he can be part of the 47% if he wants. I don't want to.

racindego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
Jindal is right and he is wrong. What Romney said, much like his 47% comment is true. When you promise to tax the wealthy more to be able to pay for Obamacare, etc... then it is 'promising a gift to minority groups'. This is only one example. Jindal is lashing out against Romney because people don't like to hear the truth, and Jindal has future aspirations (bank on it). Jindal is right in that you can't just discount the "47%" because you think they're a lost cause because they're being promised gifts, etc..., you need to focus on them to change their mind. Romney absolutely BLEW that. He may not have been able to sway them enough to vote for him, but he could have changed their opinions in the direction he wanted so the next guy that comes along only has to change it a little more. If this isn't the case, Reagan would never have been able to get so many Dems to vote for him in massive numbers.
That is the main thing I took from it but not discounting what you pointed out as him being wrong

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
cataclyzm123
I have a big attitude!

Bikes: 2013 R1
It is the land of the freeee, after all!

Sent from my free Obama phone.