FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 230 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 AM   #4581
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!
 
Powerflux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Bikes: 2009 R1
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxwendrof View Post
Hehehehe very funny . I like people with good sense of humour. Elwin if you really want to learn something about engines and especially combustion/turbulence interaction and many more about an internal flow structure give me sign I can give you small lecture.

At the beginning of your learning process I'm sending you some of my publications. And the most important is that if you do not understand what is in the text just ask....


start with this one: SAE2008-01-1739 "The Effect of Exhaust Throttling on HCCI - Alternative Way to Control EGR and In-Cylinder Flow"

and you can also find this: IMECE2004-60973 "NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF UNSTEADY- FLOW PROCESSES IN WAVE ROTORS "

and maybe this one: DOCTORAL THESIS: Ph.D. thesis "Modelling and diagnostic study of flow in an optical engine with negative valve overlapping for homogeneous charge compression ignition"

Well if you want more publications do not hesitate to contact with me I can help you in your learning process.
Catfight

I`m waiting for Elwin to top this
__________________
Ignorance is curable, stupidity is for life!


Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #4582
Elwin
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 157


- Is it true that you are 120 years old?
- Yes.
- What is the secret of your longevity?
- I never argue.
- But this is totally impossible!
- I agree with you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by laxwendrof View Post
Hehehehe very funny . I like people with good sense of humour. Elwin if you really want to learn something about engines and especially combustion/turbulence interaction and many more about an internal flow structure give me sign I can give you small lecture.

At the beginning of your learning process I'm sending you some of my publications. And the most important is that if you do not understand what is in the text just ask....


start with this one: SAE2008-01-1739 "The Effect of Exhaust Throttling on HCCI - Alternative Way to Control EGR and In-Cylinder Flow"

and you can also find this: IMECE2004-60973 "NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF UNSTEADY- FLOW PROCESSES IN WAVE ROTORS "

and maybe this one: DOCTORAL THESIS: Ph.D. thesis "Modelling and diagnostic study of flow in an optical engine with negative valve overlapping for homogeneous charge compression ignition"

Well if you want more publications do not hesitate to contact with me I can help you in your learning process.
Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #4583
AKDMA
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,710
This coming from the guy who was banned for popping his gums too much. It's really all meaningless until the dyno charts are posted.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:52 AM   #4584
Elwin
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 157
I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
This coming from the guy who was banned for popping his gums too much. It's really all meaningless until the dyno charts are posted.
Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #4585
SoloStunna99
I eat my R1
 
SoloStunna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Bikes: '11 r1
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 195
Nothing better than a bunch of really smart guys arguing.....anyway, for the rest of us peons...I'm waiting for a solid, steady map for my 2011 R1 off the new FT revision that wont lose power and then kick in and throw me in the woods (ala AKDMA's claims). R1evo we've spoken and I'll ship my ECU out but I need to know that "glitch" has been fixed...anyone????

-Solo
__________________
STOLEN - '04 CBR1000rr
STOLEN - '04 GSXR1000
SOLD - '05 R1
SOLD - track whore - '08 CBR1000RR
SOLD - '09 R1
track whore - '11 r1 (flashed ECU)
SoloStunna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #4586
AKDMA
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,710
Solo - make a trip to Asheville. We can try a few things. I'm still using N4speed's map. I've tried a bunch of different combinations, the next is Lax's but it's just been too cold. Peen V2 and N4Speed's both worked well for me. A big improvement over stock in any case.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #4587
SoloStunna99
I eat my R1
 
SoloStunna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Bikes: '11 r1
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
Solo - make a trip to Asheville. We can try a few things. I'm still using N4speed's map. I've tried a bunch of different combinations, the next is Lax's but it's just been too cold. Peen V2 and N4Speed's both worked well for me. A big improvement over stock in any case.
Sending PM....
__________________
STOLEN - '04 CBR1000rr
STOLEN - '04 GSXR1000
SOLD - '05 R1
SOLD - track whore - '08 CBR1000RR
SOLD - '09 R1
track whore - '11 r1 (flashed ECU)
SoloStunna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #4588
Oilfieldtrash21
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStunna99 View Post
Nothing better than a bunch of really smart guys arguing.....anyway, for the rest of us peons...I'm waiting for a solid, steady map for my 2011 R1 off the new FT revision that wont lose power and then kick in and throw me in the woods (ala AKDMA's claims). R1evo we've spoken and I'll ship my ECU out but I need to know that "glitch" has been fixed...anyone????

-Solo
I tested R1evo's map with the mysterious "glitch" quite extensively and never once experienced it. Not sure what was going on with AKDMA's bike but it never happened with mine and i was all over the RPM range at excessive speeds, so i totally trust it. Just my $.02.........

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
__________________
R1-015 "Ghostrider" Squadron #145
Oilfieldtrash21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #4589
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post


- Is it true that you are 120 years old?
- Yes.
- What is the secret of your longevity?
- I never argue.
- But this is totally impossible!
- I agree with you.

Elwin, you won't gain people's respect by disrespecting them. Lax is quite knowledgeable, and anyone who knows anything, knows that they can always learn new things from someone else, no mater what.

That being said, Elwin we know why Lax is knowledgeable in the area of tuning, maybe you could give us some of your background about where your knowledge comes from?
__________________
Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Extra Heavy Bar Ends, Custom Rear Brake Reservoir Relocation Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front Brake Lines, Spiegler SS Rear Brake Line, Harri's YZFR1 Sport Bike Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One Exhaust, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Flash-Tune 3/4 Tune Re-Flash with QS, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #4590
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 6,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfieldtrash21 View Post
I tested R1evo's map with the mysterious "glitch" quite extensively and never once experienced it. Not sure what was going on with AKDMA's bike but it never happened with mine and i was all over the RPM range at excessive speeds, so i totally trust it. Just my $.02.........

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

So here is what I think the "glitch" is due to: I think it is due to a bad QS sensor. I for example, took R1Evo's map out on the track and suffer these "glitches". Put the Peen V2 map back in and still suffered the glitches. GreenStreek has been using the Peen V2 map without a QS sensor attached and has not suffered a single glitch at a good pace in A group on the track. The other thing that I have noticed is that the glitches have become more frequent over time. Thus pointing me toward accelerated failure of the sensor it's self. Since I bought my sensor used, so I think it is just near the end of its life. This is just my 0.02$. If it weren't so cold, I would disable the QS function and retest R1Evo's map, to see if I could reproduce the "glitches".
__________________
Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Extra Heavy Bar Ends, Custom Rear Brake Reservoir Relocation Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front Brake Lines, Spiegler SS Rear Brake Line, Harri's YZFR1 Sport Bike Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One Exhaust, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Flash-Tune 3/4 Tune Re-Flash with QS, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #4591
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!
 
Powerflux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Bikes: 2009 R1
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfieldtrash21 View Post
I tested R1evo's map with the mysterious "glitch" quite extensively and never once experienced it. Not sure what was going on with AKDMA's bike but it never happened with mine and i was all over the RPM range at excessive speeds, so i totally trust it. Just my $.02.........
I`m running the same map(set up for 09-11`s) and like oilfield, I never once experienced anything bad.
It is and will be my main map until I`m asked to test the next, improved map
__________________
Ignorance is curable, stupidity is for life!


Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 AM   #4592
SoloStunna99
I eat my R1
 
SoloStunna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Bikes: '11 r1
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfieldtrash21 View Post
I tested R1evo's map with the mysterious "glitch" quite extensively and never once experienced it. Not sure what was going on with AKDMA's bike but it never happened with mine and i was all over the RPM range at excessive speeds, so i totally trust it. Just my $.02.........

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks for the input TAD, Flux and OFTrash. You guys keep working, we appreciate the efforts!!!
__________________
STOLEN - '04 CBR1000rr
STOLEN - '04 GSXR1000
SOLD - '05 R1
SOLD - track whore - '08 CBR1000RR
SOLD - '09 R1
track whore - '11 r1 (flashed ECU)

Last edited by SoloStunna99; 11-16-2012 at 08:07 AM.
SoloStunna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #4593
Elwin
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 157
I agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
Elwin, you won't gain people's respect by disrespecting them. Lax is quite knowledgeable, and anyone who knows anything, knows that they can always learn new things from someone else, no mater what.

That being said, Elwin we know why Lax is knowledgeable in the area of tuning, maybe you could give us some of your background about where your knowledge comes from?
Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #4594
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 6,692
So then what is your background?
__________________
Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Extra Heavy Bar Ends, Custom Rear Brake Reservoir Relocation Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front Brake Lines, Spiegler SS Rear Brake Line, Harri's YZFR1 Sport Bike Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One Exhaust, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Flash-Tune 3/4 Tune Re-Flash with QS, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #4595
AKDMA
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfieldtrash21 View Post
I tested R1evo's map with the mysterious "glitch" quite extensively and never once experienced it. Not sure what was going on with AKDMA's bike but it never happened with mine and i was all over the RPM range at excessive speeds, so i totally trust it. Just my $.02.........

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
You have a 2012. It's an entirely different map, per R1evo. It's not the QS sensor, I thought that might be a chance as well, but I've been running the other maps no problem. Also, it was an actual surge, not a 50ms cut in ignition/fuel. I went on a hard ride right after switching to N4's map and rode for several hours. No problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
So then what is your background?

He thinks he's being clever by referencing his previous post repeatedly.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-16-2012 at 08:56 AM.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #4596
R1evolution
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 12 R1
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStunna99 View Post
Thanks for the input TAD, Flux and OFTrash. You guys keep working, we appreciate the efforts!!!
Let me know if you want to try it out still. I made some smoothing changes for on off throttle on my revised map. I rode with it on my 12 seems to be good. I'm going to have oilfield test it. Will advise you guys later.

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App
__________________
Two Bro's Slip on with y pipe. Flash tune on 91 crap gas. smoke screen, cant wait to do more
R1evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #4597
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 6,692
I am suffering cuts...which is why I am suspecting my QS sensor...
__________________
Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Extra Heavy Bar Ends, Custom Rear Brake Reservoir Relocation Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front Brake Lines, Spiegler SS Rear Brake Line, Harri's YZFR1 Sport Bike Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One Exhaust, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Flash-Tune 3/4 Tune Re-Flash with QS, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #4598
R1evolution
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 12 R1
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
So here is what I think the "glitch" is due to: I think it is due to a bad QS sensor. I for example, took R1Evo's map out on the track and suffer these "glitches". Put the Peen V2 map back in and still suffered the glitches. GreenStreek has been using the Peen V2 map without a QS sensor attached and has not suffered a single glitch at a good pace in A group on the track. The other thing that I have noticed is that the glitches have become more frequent over time. Thus pointing me toward accelerated failure of the sensor it's self. Since I bought my sensor used, so I think it is just near the end of its life. This is just my 0.02$. If it weren't so cold, I would disable the QS function and retest R1Evo's map, to see if I could reproduce the "glitches".
The bad part about this is that people will doubt the maps that I tweak or make. At least tad pm about the glitch,but didn't post it up. So basically I give a few people maps to test just to get input and my maps are based on most of the maps currently running. But thanks for those who have helped with input. I don't plan to make any major changes till this new big up date comes out

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App
__________________
Two Bro's Slip on with y pipe. Flash tune on 91 crap gas. smoke screen, cant wait to do more
R1evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #4599
AKDMA
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,710
I'm not into this secretive stuff. This is a public forum, not a super secret testing facility. I chose to post my experience with the map to potentially help anyone else with that map avoid an issue. Feedback is good, what's the difference where it goes, as long as it's considered? Tad - Check all of the wiring on your QS setup, maybe something isn't making a constant connection. I'm sure you've considered that, but just an idea. Our sensors are different, mine's an NO, but it seems to be working fine, I don't hear of them failing often.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #4600
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 6,692
Yea sorry Evo, I still haven't tracked it down yet. I hadn't expended a bad until last week, but then the problem didn't go away when I switched to the Peen map, which made me suspect the QS sensor. Just haven't had the time our weather to test it yet.
__________________
Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Extra Heavy Bar Ends, Custom Rear Brake Reservoir Relocation Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front Brake Lines, Spiegler SS Rear Brake Line, Harri's YZFR1 Sport Bike Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One Exhaust, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Flash-Tune 3/4 Tune Re-Flash with QS, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flashtune ECU Dyno Results sirjag Appearance & Mods 183 03-30-2014 04:08 PM
ecuunleashed 0r flashtune vtwin Appearance & Mods 55 07-07-2012 07:36 PM
Flashtune reflash 07-08 R1 bwash85 Appearance & Mods 171 06-22-2012 06:48 AM
flashtune VS ecuunleashed vtwin Mechanical / Help 3 03-16-2012 11:50 PM
Yec Cable Interface BERNY Bikes/Parts Wanted 0 03-19-2010 11:58 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum