Stock up on Twinkies - Page 3 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #41
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Im no longer sure about "fit" to eat. Check out the ingredients list. Its longer than "War and Peace"

http://www.grocerycouponnetwork.com/...s.php?Id=42201

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #42
lobsterhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
i'd rather go to any food place that's open at 4am, but then again, you do live a bit out there
Yeah, I literally mean its the ONLY PLACE open at 4 am. Unless I drive 60 miles north to Bangor.

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #43
fjorn
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?

Bikes: '07 R1 (track only)

• Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #44
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Bikes: 04 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterhound View Post
Im no longer sure about "fit" to eat. Check out the ingredients list. Its longer than "War and Peace"

i was going to say, yours and mine versions of fit to eat must be totally different i already knew what all those things are made of
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #45
rorytsm
damn turkeys

stop forgetting your shit
Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #46
lobsterhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
stop forgetting your shit
I can live without lunch. When I leave with sneakers on instead of my boots is when it really sucks. Get half way to the continental shelf and realize what I have on my feet.

Sometimes Im a touch tired mornings

Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #47
R1_OOKLAH
RANDOM VICTIM BASTARD S.O.B.

Bikes: 97yzf1000,jr 50
i immediately thought of that movie when i saw the article

1997 THUNDERACE #3

2004 R1

PHANTOM SQUADRON #530
Sent from a phone no one cares about using no app to speak of.
R1_OOKLAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #48
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Quote:
I can live without lunch. When I leave with sneakers on instead of my boots is when it really sucks. Get half way to the continental shelf and realize what I have on my feet.

sounds like you need to establish a bulletproof wake up routine. i did it for 4.5 years with my old job. had to be at work by 5:30am and usually couldn't even recall what happened before 9:30-10am on a daily basis. i don't know how many times i almost wrecked driving to work, but i had my work clothes, boots, wallet, keys, etc laid out, all the way to what i put in my cooler and to which shelf my food items were on (worked my way from the top shelf to the bottom) in the precise order that i put things on and loaded my pockets so that it was a brainless order of motions that i went through every day so i couldn't f*ck it up.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #49
rorytsm
damn turkeys

on a side note, noticed my dog is getting a little heavy today getting him weighed in the morning for his new heartworm meds
Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #50
lobsterhound

I usually have most my stuff laid out, but things get messed up. My wake up time varies with sunrise, tide, weather. Sometimes I leave for work at midnight. Sometimes 4 am. Generally days are 16 hours long. This time of year 7 days a week. There are so many variables a set time is impossible. In the spring I have to sleep during the day because we get better weather to fish at night. Sometimes we fish 48 hours straight, go home for 5 hours, then do a turn around trip on another 48 hours.

October 20th was the last day I saw my house in the daylight. It will be like this until almost xmas.

On average I get from 3-4 hours of rest a night

Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #51
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Quote:
I usually have most my stuff laid out, but things get messed up. My wake up time varies with sunrise, tide, weather. Sometimes I leave for work at midnight. Sometimes 4 am. Generally days are 16 hours long. This time of year 7 days a week. There are so many variables a set time is impossible. In the spring I have to sleep during the day because we get better weather to fish at night. Sometimes we fish 48 hours straight, go home for 5 hours, then do a turn around trip on another 48 hours.

October 20th was the last day I saw my house in the daylight. It will be like this until almost xmas.

On average I get from 3-4 hours of rest a night

times don't matter, it's just the wake up process you have to perfect
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #52
TexASS R1
Sofa King Tired!!!

Bikes: 2003 600 R(sold) 2004 R6(sold), 2007 R1
My brother lost his job today.. He is not a union guy.. They were asked to come back to work while they tried to work out a deal with the union rep.. Of course that was a no go.. They were given till Thursday at 5pm to come back to work or company shuts down forever.. They thought is was a bluff.. Guess again:/ He was given till 6pm Friday to sell everything he had on his truck in order to get paid.. Sold the whole truck to a large grocery chain here in Texas(HEB)..

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

SIG Courtesy of Petrol
GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON - 015
TexASS R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #53
Creeping Death
Born Again Patriot

Bikes: 2009 YZF-R1, Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrtheFreak View Post

Oasshat is off to a good start on his last 4 years. But I guess this is Bush's fault too.
It is... Our economy is very big and complex. It can takes year to see what affect an administration's policies will have on the middle class and below. If you think Osama Bin Biden has our economy fvcked up now, wait a few more years and we'll see how bad it really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
They did say this started 10 years ago
We can't blame Osama for the economy GOING to shit although we can blame him for the economy STAYING shit and getting worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_OOKLAH View Post
They also said this was the result of the company being ran for shyt for many years as well
That too...

Quote:

Quote:
Ingredients
Enriched Wheat Flour [Flour, Barley Malt, Ferrous Sulfate (Iron)B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (B1)Riboflavin (B2)Folic Acid)Dextrose, Vegetable Shortening (Soybean, Palm and Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil)Water, Sugar. contains 2% or Less of: Nonfat Milk, Soy Flour, Leavenings (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Aluminum Sulfate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate)Egg Yolks, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Modified Wheat Starch, Mono and Diglycerides, Tapioca Dextrin, Corn Dextrin, Guar Gum, Karaya Gum, Cornstarch, Cellulose Gum, Enzymes, Modified Corn Starch, Citric Acid, Wheat Starch, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening (Soybean and Cottonseed Oil)Titanium Dioxide (Color)Extracts of Annatto and Turmeric (color)Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sorbic Acid and Sodium Propionate and Potassium Sorbate and Calcium Propionate (to Retain Freshness)
They have Titanium in them... they make you lighter, stronger, and faster.

I gotta see that movie

Quote:

Can't you eat your catch for lunch? And why not just have an extra set of gear on the boat?

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #54
Sabian
Booya

Bikes: 1943 Indian Scout 741
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhart...ement-failure/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Yeah it was head trauma alright....but it was my little head that was traumatized by your mouth.
Sabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #55
Hate 2 Lose
Banned

Bikes: RWhat?
You poor poor people that are saying you cant even remember the last time you ate a twinkie or a donut. I feel for you, I truly do.
Hate 2 Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #56
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabian View Post
Wasting your time posting the truth here. The union haters fail to realize that without unions we'd all make whatever the companies wanted to pay us. If some of the brainless bothered to look at a history book they'd realize the roll unions have giving Americans a decent living wage.

http://www.epi.org/blog/union-declin...uality-charts/

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #57
DrewSD
Registered Abuser

Bikes: 03 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
Wasting your time posting the truth here. The union haters fail to realize that without unions we'd all make whatever the companies wanted to pay us. If some of the brainless bothered to look at a history book they'd realize the roll unions have giving Americans a decent living wage.

Also might want to mention that the Hostess employees that were union, were members different unions. The teamsters were the largest union involved with 7500 and they managed to reach a deal before the company announced liquidation. The Bakers union, which represented 5600 employees, was the one who didn't reach the deal, struck, and the company blamed it all on them. Also might want to say that the unions accepted a pay cut and large pension cuts, and the pension cuts were the main reason there was trouble getting a deal.
DrewSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #58
Sabian
Booya

Bikes: 1943 Indian Scout 741
Quote:

Though I posted the link, it is known on here that I'm not really a fan of unions. I find they have a place in certain times and certain organizations, but as a whole I personally feel their overall use in modern day society has passed. Though they have pockets and a niche market/need they fill, over all, their uses have run their course.

However I am all for identifying the root cause of an issue and would rather see a proper solution attempted. In many studies I've read and personal experiences I've encountered, management, especially the most senior level has become so far removed from the everyday operations of their organization I'm often astounded as to why the company in question continues to exist.

When a failure occurs that has a consequence as dire as what is reported at Hostess it truly is a tragedy and we can only hope that other organizations (especially the one that will ultimately buy up the recipes and perhaps even include the former employees) will learn from it. Occasionally some organizations do figure it out...others...find scapegoats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Yeah it was head trauma alright....but it was my little head that was traumatized by your mouth.
Sabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #59
lobsterhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
Can't you eat your catch for lunch? And why not just have an extra set of gear on the boat?
I have a spare pair of boots on the boat but they often get worn home when i forget to wear the other ones to the boat and they never make it back

As far as eating the catch. I would have to cook it and there isnt the time to boiling lobsters during the day

Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #60
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:

A couple things to consider:

1) If companies don't pay you what you think you are worth, why don't you start your own company and pay your employees more and show everyone else how it is done?

2) Only an idiot would say Unions didn't have a place in our history, but it is just that...history. We now have laws that protect the workforce. Minimum wage laws, work laws, OSHA, etc. Labor unions are the only ones that still have a place and that's only to the exent that they allow for a flexable workforce....and even those are strugling.

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement