FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 232 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #4621
Elwin
Banned

Finally I was waiting for soooo loooooong for this.
Ignition, ignition, ignition! please

Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
OK guys, tomorrow I have set the dyno for a whole day for myself only and got almost brand new tire (Pilot Pure 2ct) at the rear wheel so stay tuned..
Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #4622
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Quote:
OK guys, tomorrow I have set the dyno for a whole day for myself only and got almost brand new tire (Pilot Pure 2ct) at the rear wheel so stay tuned..
Awesome, I'll be anticipating your results!
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #4623
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Excelent man, can`t wait to see the numbers

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #4624
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Quote:

If you can build a complete map so that in the end, the map you have in the ECU has all the adjustments, and the AT only wants changes that are about ~1% or so. This way there is no PC map needed. You know how to use the new function in the F-T software where you can apply a trim map to the current fuel map right?
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #4625
laxwendrof
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
If you can build a complete map so that in the end, the map you have in the ECU has all the adjustments, and the AT only wants changes that are about ~1% or so. This way there is no PC map needed. You know how to use the new function in the F-T software where you can apply a trim map to the current fuel map right?

Hmmm it is interesting, how can we apply a new trims to FT?
laxwendrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #4626
Tad158

You can choose choose to apply the PC map to the current fuel map, not the stock map. It is an option you choose when you import the map.
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #4627
blueyzfr6
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 R1 here I come :) 04 R1 (Faster Blue) Stolen :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1evolution View Post
The bad part about this is that people will doubt the maps that I tweak or make. At least tad pm about the glitch,but didn't post it up. So basically I give a few people maps to test just to get input and my maps are based on most of the maps currently running. But thanks for those who have helped with input. I don't plan to make any major changes till this new big up date comes out

Sent from my EVO using Motorcycle.com Free App

R1Evo, I just wanted to say thanks for tweaking the map for me. In Cleveland, it's starting to get cold and $hitty. I can't wait to see what gets done over the winter. I hope FT comes out with an A-T.
blueyzfr6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #4628
SySt
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2007 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyzfr6 View Post
R1Evo, I just wanted to say thanks for tweaking the map for me. In Cleveland, it's starting to get cold and $hitty. I can't wait to see what gets done over the winter. I hope FT comes out with an A-T.
I really doubt an Autotune will ever appear in one of these ECUs. They do not have the proper hardware to run a wideband sensor. At best you might be able to input the analog signal coming out of an already existing wideband setup and have the ECU make adjustments based on that. That will pose two challeneges, firstly being the limited number of inputs available on the ECU, and not just any input, it must be an analogue input. The second is how it will modify the fuel map. It can't modify the fuel map directly as it is stored in flash ROM. Maybe it could store an adjustment map in RAM that would be made based on wideband readings and would scale the fueling like a Powercommander. The problem with storing an adjustment map in RAM is that each time the bike is powered off it will be reset so your fuel trims would be reset each time. Regardless of how it would be implemented, I don't believe there is the proper hardware to store changes. So I guess in short, maybe it's possible but it would not be as good as the autotune for a PCV or Bazaaz.

I feel like I keep having to say this: Tuning to a specific AFR is NOT optimal. Yes, it may be better than doing nothing or running a generic map, but then again it might not be. You are best off getting a dyno tune. So please don't pressure FT into making a feature that would take a substantial amount of work but would wind up not being that useful. I think we can think of other features we would rather have.
SySt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #4629
Tad158

All it would have to do is log what the change needs to be (just like what R1Evo is doing). Then you can apply the change. Granted it would not be a closed loop adjustment, but it would be better than nothing...It can be something simple...at least in my mind...
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #4630
SySt
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2007 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
All it would have to do is log what the change needs to be (just like what R1Evo is doing). Then you can apply the change. Granted it would not be a closed loop adjustment, but it would be better than nothing...It can be something simple...at least in my mind...
Yes, but where would it store the log? And how would you access the log? The only way the FT software writes to flash ROM is by first wiping the ROM memory and then writing. Obviously that sort of operation would not work for storing log data. It would be nice if two input/output pins on the ECU could be used for serial communication and then have an external device simply log ECU information sent through the serial lines. Of course, doing it this way you might as well use an external data logger in the first place. I built a suitable logger out of an Arduino board and an SD card shield. I am currently logging TPS, RPM, Speed sensor, MAP, AIT and AFR at 20Hz but it's capable of logging at over 50Hz. Total cost was under $100. Of course, I am also using an already existing wideband setup (Innovate Motorsports LC-1). I also made a program for my computer that will load up a map file and log file and generate a trimmed fuel map based on a target AFR map. So I guess I really don't need FT to make an AT feature anyhow .
SySt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #4631
Tad158

Who says you need to log in to the ECU you can log it into something like a SD card or something simple....Then use the F-T software to interpret the log file and then generate the new maps and ECU image....then you can flash it....It would only need to log gear, TPS, RPM, and the wide band O2 sensor.....Doesn't sound too complicated...

NM, I just re read your post and that is basically what you said. But yes, it is possible to do simply...
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread

Last edited by Tad158; 11-16-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #4632
Sydster
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2012 R1 Black Dragon
i have the 2012 model with gytr slip on... where should i start. new or old version of the software? which map. i use 98 fuel
Sydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 AM   #4633
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Good place to start, the F-T FAQ
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340660

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:59 AM   #4634
Sydster

i did start there, not much about the 12. dont want to wreck the idle rpm by using the wong version for my bike
Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #4635
Oilfieldtrash21
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2012 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SySt View Post
Yes, but where would it store the log? And how would you access the log? The only way the FT software writes to flash ROM is by first wiping the ROM memory and then writing. Obviously that sort of operation would not work for storing log data. It would be nice if two input/output pins on the ECU could be used for serial communication and then have an external device simply log ECU information sent through the serial lines. Of course, doing it this way you might as well use an external data logger in the first place. I built a suitable logger out of an Arduino board and an SD card shield. I am currently logging TPS, RPM, Speed sensor, MAP, AIT and AFR at 20Hz but it's capable of logging at over 50Hz. Total cost was under $100. Of course, I am also using an already existing wideband setup (Innovate Motorsports LC-1). I also made a program for my computer that will load up a map file and log file and generate a trimmed fuel map based on a target AFR map. So I guess I really don't need FT to make an AT feature anyhow .
I talked to Chris at FT six months ago and I was told that an AT was in the works but would only be available for the '12s due to their ECU having more RAM and "processing" power. Not sure how that was going to work. From what I was told the code was being written, now just needing to be tested and finalized. Dunno, just the story I got from the man.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
R1-015 "Ghostrider" Squadron #145
Oilfieldtrash21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #4636
Sydster

R1evolution have u made the map for 12 yet?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #4637
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Bikes: 12 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
R1evolution have u made the map for 12 yet?

Yes i have a few maps. working on a conversion from the latest 9-11 map.

I have someone going to test it out. then will advise on it.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #4638
marider
Feel the speed attack!

Bikes: Modded R1'09 /ex:R1'07+2xR1'03+R6'03
I made like 10 roller runs today /next 25 miles on a clock/ and I'm trying to fill up the map overwriting it again and again with my bike in mode A, 6th gear from 1500rpm to 14500rpm, trims are set to +/-20% but I have a question - the "% Throttle" you see on the right in the 1.0.6.4 PCV software main screen shows % opening of throttle (I mean how much you twist your right hand) or % how much YCC-T opens the butterflies? I couldn't end the work with fuel mapping today as my buddy had to go for a wedding so I left my bike in a workshop and will continue the job on Monday and maybe Tuesday. Then I will dyno R1 for top numbers..

EU 09 R1:
full Akrapovic Evo2,F-T'd ECU,Bazzaz ZFi-TC+Z-AFM,Marchesinis,Ohlins damper+FPK108+.95 springs,q'Ohlins r.shock,
Brembo RCS/w Hel&Braking SK rotors,Graves block offs,Clutch Kit,Fabbri screen,GYTR:sliders,clutch sliders,gel seat+cowl,Gilles VCR+Variobar,Gregg's Flushmount,-1/+1 sprockets,CustomLED mod. 3/4Dyno:170.1 RWHP,77 Tq.
marider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #4639
Tad158

As long as you have tapped into the TPS and not the APS, you will get what the throttle bodies are doing, not what your wrist is doing.
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #4640
marider
Feel the speed attack!

Bikes: Modded R1'09 /ex:R1'07+2xR1'03+R6'03
OK, roger that! Yes, PCV is wired to TPS so it shows YCC-T position. Will check also throttle calibration min & max sensor voltage values and eventually set them up properly, just to be sure it makes 100% accurate map.

EU 09 R1:
full Akrapovic Evo2,F-T'd ECU,Bazzaz ZFi-TC+Z-AFM,Marchesinis,Ohlins damper+FPK108+.95 springs,q'Ohlins r.shock,
Brembo RCS/w Hel&Braking SK rotors,Graves block offs,Clutch Kit,Fabbri screen,GYTR:sliders,clutch sliders,gel seat+cowl,Gilles VCR+Variobar,Gregg's Flushmount,-1/+1 sprockets,CustomLED mod. 3/4Dyno:170.1 RWHP,77 Tq.
marider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement