FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 233 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #4641
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #4642
R1nStang
Owner of the color changing R1

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
another satisfied customer from Tad158. Bike runs great man! Thanks a ton!

R1-015 `Ghostrider` Squadron

Yoshi TRC-D slip-ons, Leo Ypipe, PCV, -1/+1 520 conversion, ECUnleashed with Race Idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigO View Post
my anus is just swollen.. Shut it!!!
R1nStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #4643
chrispy121
yamaha rules

Bikes: r6.cbr1000, r1
does any one know what the quick shifter uses?
fuel cut or ignition cut for shifting

thanks
chrispy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #4644
Sydster
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2012 R1 Black Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1evolution View Post
Yes i have a few maps. working on a conversion from the latest 9-11 map.

I have someone going to test it out. then will advise on it.
Thanks R1evolution; waiting impatiently. Should I just wait for the new map and not flash it yet.
Sydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #4645
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy121 View Post
does any one know what the quick shifter uses?
fuel cut or ignition cut for shifting

thanks

Based on watching the instant fuel mileage gauge on the dash, it at least cuts fuel. But I bet it cuts both because there is no silly back fire.. I will send Chris at F-T an email and find out.
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #4646
chrispy121
yamaha rules

Bikes: r6.cbr1000, r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
Based on watching the instant fuel mileage gauge on the dash, it at least cuts fuel. But I bet it cuts both because there is no silly back fire.. I will send Chris at F-T an email and find out.
thanks buddy would be good to know
I have mine flashed at the moment and getting dyno tuned in the next couple of weeks

would be good to re flash with the quick shifter and set up on the dyno.

I am I right in assuming I can dyno tune with pcv then up load map to flash then get rid of the pcv?
chrispy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #4647
emry
I hate these silly tag lines.

Quote:
Who says you need to log in to the ECU you can log it into something like a SD card or something simple....Then use the F-T software to interpret the log file and then generate the new maps and ECU image....then you can flash it....It would only need to log gear, TPS, RPM, and the wide band O2 sensor.....Doesn't sound too complicated...
Check out the ZT-2 and the Blackbox logger. I use it as described above.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/Products.htm
emry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #4648
Elwin
Banned

If you wired PCV as per PCV manual you will see the % of the baffles actually opening not the twist of the throttle control handle.

To calibrate PCV for Flashtune - use diagnostic mode d01. Calibrate according to d01 that with engine not running and ignition on.

When the bike is running you will be at about 2% throttle on PCV. This is what you need if you plan to apply the throttle maps via flashtune later.

If you calibrate pcv 0% to the point when the bike is running, then this will provide inconsistency on low throttle openings when you apply the pcv map via flashtune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
OK, roger that! Yes, PCV is wired to TPS so it shows YCC-T position. Will check also throttle calibration min & max sensor voltage values and eventually set them up properly, just to be sure it makes 100% accurate map.
Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #4649
Elwin
Banned

Cutting fuel is not good for r1 engine. backfires are not a problem for r1 engine - it is by design.

1. Ignition is set to 60-78 in engine breaking to help the engine breaking.
2. Spraying fuel in cylinders helps to cool them.

Quote:
Old 11-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #4650
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Bikes: 12 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
Thanks R1evolution; waiting impatiently. Should I just wait for the new map and not flash it yet.
its up to you i have the conversion done,but waiting final test by oilfield.

The weather hasnt been good there.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #4651
laxwendrof
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
If you wired PCV as per PCV manual you will see the % of the baffles actually opening not the twist of the throttle control handle.

To calibrate PCV for Flashtune - use diagnostic mode d01. Calibrate according to d01 that with engine not running and ignition on.

When the bike is running you will be at about 2% throttle on PCV. This is what you need if you plan to apply the throttle maps via flashtune later.

If you calibrate pcv 0% to the point when the bike is running, then this will provide inconsistency on low throttle openings when you apply the pcv map via flashtune.

Hi Elwin,
I wonder about PCV+AT calibration and do not understand something I would be very grateful for help. For example If we setup in PCV soft. 0.7V as min Voltage(engine idle) and 4.2V for WOT do we need still check d01 ? What for we need calibrate throttle position in do1 mode (diagnostic/TPS)? does it mean that when PCV is wired to ECU it can changes std. TPS reading for ECU throttling position and for this we using calibration mode do1?

I need calification

1. I understand that whatever PCV is connected or not, the throttle position in diag code should be 15 for (ignition on and idling engine) and it is 0% indication of throttle position and 0.7V in PCV soft. .
BUT base on your prev. comments and how I understood it the throttle opening % indication on idling should be visible as 2% in PCV sof. yes?

2. About diagmode. It is not possible to open the throttle on 100% in d01 diag mode because of Throtle by Wirre system and max what we can achieved is 20% code 57 ( i need calcification). It means for me that we can't calibrate throttle position in diag. mode using hand/throttle or I'm wrong.

Last edited by laxwendrof; 11-18-2012 at 10:13 AM.
laxwendrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #4652
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Cutting fuel is not good for r1 engine. backfires are not a problem for r1 engine - it is by design.

1. Ignition is set to 60-78 in engine breaking to help the engine breaking.
2. Spraying fuel in cylinders helps to cool them.

Did you read what I said that I think it kills both. I also know that when it activates it kills fuel because the instantaneous fuel mileage goes to 99.9 because the injectors do not cycle. I also know that if you hook up a QS sensor to a PCV, all you do is kill fuel and it works with no problem. So I really don't think the 40-80 ms with no fuel will really hurt anything what so ever it may only like 2 firing cycles per cylinder at 10kRPM ....I have not gotten an official answer yet to the question.
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #4653
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxwendrof View Post
2. About diagmode. It is not possible to open the throttle on 100% in d01 diag mode because of Throtle by Wirre system and max what we can achieved is 20% code 57 ( i need calcification). It means for me that we can't calibrate throttle position in diag. mode using hand/throttle or I'm wrong.
You could edit the YCC-T Table an put a 100% in the top right box (800rpm and 100%APS) so that when the engine is off it is at you can still get 100%. I would use that map only for diagnostics though...even through you cant actually ever get there....just for safety....
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #4654
laxwendrof
I eat my R1

Quote:
You could edit the YCC-T Table an put a 100% in the top right box (800rpm and 100%APS) so that when the engine is off it is at you can still get 100%. I would use that map only for diagnostics though...even through you cant actually ever get there....just for safety....

But Tad still need clarification what we doing this calibration in the diag. mode for? if in the PCV soft. we can set-up voltage for WOT, really I'm confusing .

In PCV/AT doc. about throttle by wire system is clearly stated that only what we should do is just press reset button when ignition is on.

And now is the most important question and is directly related to prev. Elwin post. On the engine idling in PCV+AT soft. should be visible 0% or 2% of throttle position (As far as I understood Elwin said that should be 2% for FT fuel map match).

Apart of this the DYno Jet. documentation is really terrible and not professional in many ways similar as their products(obsolete and with many problems after so many years of production)
Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #4655
tajdk
I eat my R1

Bikes: R1 2009 EU
Quote:
Did you read what I said that I think it kills both. I also know that when it activates it kills fuel because the instantaneous fuel mileage goes to 99.9 because the injectors do not cycle. I also know that if you hook up a QS sensor to a PCV, all you do is kill fuel and it works with no problem. So I really don't think the 40-80 ms with no fuel will really hurt anything what so ever it may only like 2 firing cycles per cylinder at 10kRPM ....I have not gotten an official answer yet to the question.
Strange. The Bazzaz system is cutting ignition, when using the QS function.
One of my teammates have the YEC race system from Yamaha, and it's also cutting ignition. The fuelcoils is not used to QS, and is operating normal during the shift. Thats why it backfires sometimes, when the timing hits the tre cylinder ignition, because there is then more fuel to be burned, than on the rotation with only one cylinder firing.
tajdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #4656
Tad158

Quote:
But Tad still need clarification what we doing this calibration in the diag. mode for? if in the PCV soft. we can set-up voltage for WOT, really I'm confusing .

In PCV/AT doc. about throttle by wire system is clearly stated that only what we should do is just press reset button when ignition is on.

And now is the most important question and is directly related to prev. Elwin post. On the engine idling in PCV+AT soft. should be visible 0% or 2% of throttle position (As far as I understood Elwin said that should be 2% for FT fuel map match).

Apart of this the DYno Jet. documentation is really terrible and not professional in many ways similar as their products(obsolete and with many problems after so many years of production)
, I don't have a PCV so I am not sure what it really requires. SySt seems to have good install PCV info.
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #4657
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajdk View Post
Strange. The Bazzaz system is cutting ignition, when using the QS function.
One of my teammates have the YEC race system from Yamaha, and it's also cutting ignition. The fuelcoils is not used to QS, and is operating normal during the shift. Thats why it backfires sometimes, when the timing hits the tre cylinder ignition, because there is then more fuel to be burned, than on the rotation with only one cylinder firing.

The PCV does not control the coils unless the add-on ignition module is installed. But with just the standard PCV with a QS sensor hooked up it will just kill fuel for QS....
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #4658
Elwin
Banned

D01 allows to open throttle to 100% not problem, just wist the throttle and you will see it.

15 - 16 in the d01 mode readout on the dash is ok setting for the fully closed throttle position.

Not sure how more clear and simple that all can be:

1. Go to diag mode d01.
2. Check if dash reads 15-16 if not adjust your TPS mechanically.
3. While in d01 go to PCV calibration
4. While in d01 set zero to the current voltage
5. While in d01 twist the throttle to the max, hold it there and set PCV 100% to current voltage.
6. Ignition off to get out of Diag. mode. Ignition on and start the bike.
7. Heat bike up.
8. Check the PCV TPS reading on the PCV fuel table. You should see PCV working in 2% map with table tracer enabled while the bike is idling.

PCV in this case indicates more than 0 because when the bike idling ECU controls the baffles for the idling so it is not zero. Even if you stop the engine it will not put the baffles to zero, expecting the startup. When you apply PCV map via flash tune, the zero tps on PCV is treated as zero tps on fueling map which will be correct only if you follow procedure above.

Above procedure is valid only for PCV map you building for flash tune specifically. If you planning on riding with PCV connected all the time without applying changes to flashtune it would be better to set zero as per PCV manual.

Also remember that you cannot use the map build on standard pcv calibration to flash with flashtune as you get bad results on low TPS (unless flastune corrects current PCV map import logic) Also when you apply Standard PCV maps via flash tune - it will be a problem too.

Again the problems are noticeable only on low trottle openings like 2%, 5%.

Quote:
Hi Elwin,
I wonder about PCV+AT calibration and do not understand something I would be very grateful for help. For example If we setup in PCV soft. 0.7V as min Voltage(engine idle) and 4.2V for WOT do we need still check d01 ? What for we need calibrate throttle position in do1 mode (diagnostic/TPS)? does it mean that when PCV is wired to ECU it can changes std. TPS reading for ECU throttling position and for this we using calibration mode do1?

I need calification

1. I understand that whatever PCV is connected or not, the throttle position in diag code should be 15 for (ignition on and idling engine) and it is 0% indication of throttle position and 0.7V in PCV soft. .
BUT base on your prev. comments and how I understood it the throttle opening % indication on idling should be visible as 2% in PCV sof. yes?

Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #4659
Tad158

for good info.
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #4660
laxwendrof
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SySt View Post
Yes, but where would it store the log? And how would you access the log? The only way the FT software writes to flash ROM is by first wiping the ROM memory and then writing. Obviously that sort of operation would not work for storing log data. It would be nice if two input/output pins on the ECU could be used for serial communication and then have an external device simply log ECU information sent through the serial lines. Of course, doing it this way you might as well use an external data logger in the first place. I built a suitable logger out of an Arduino board and an SD card shield. I am currently logging TPS, RPM, Speed sensor, MAP, AIT and AFR at 20Hz but it's capable of logging at over 50Hz. Total cost was under $100. Of course, I am also using an already existing wideband setup (Innovate Motorsports LC-1). I also made a program for my computer that will load up a map file and log file and generate a trimmed fuel map based on a target AFR map. So I guess I really don't need FT to make an AT feature anyhow .

Hi SYSt I have big appeal could you explain in a few bulletpoints (step by step) how the PCV+AT unit should be calibrated for FT (rn22)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement