AR10/AR15 builders and Owners - Page 12 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #221
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
No state stickers. Federal buildings, hospitals, courthouses and schools. Everything else is fair game.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #222
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
i'll add my 2 cents on a couple posts i've seen. i for one don't mind OC'ing because the places that i do are either out in the woods, or when i come into large chain grocery stores, or walmarts or something where there's no threat of immediately being seen if something is going down. any kind of closer type quarters environments and i'll always CC.

next regarding carrying any weapon platform in indiana, i've open carried my backpacking rifle (swing under collapsible stock) on my back through downtown with a 30rd mag loaded, a cop stopped me and asked if i had a round in the chamber, i said no and i showed him that i didn't and he just said "well then have a nice day". i have no idea if having a round chambered makes a legal difference or not, but i'm glad i didn't.

jon, did they really make OC illegal in cali? when i lived there i got a CC permit out of orange county because of my job so i never had to worry about the OC stuff.
He had nothing on you. just being an ass.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #223
rorytsm
damn turkeys

Bikes: 04 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
He had nothing on you. just being an ass.
good to know. i've transported the rifle through town to the shooting range with zero issues several times.

and i also honestly wouldn't say he was being an ass, he was coming out of the courthouse (center building of the downtown area) and asked if he could have a word with me, asked the question, i showed him, and said "have a nice day" it all took less than 1 minute i really didn't see anything wrong with it specially being that i was directly outside the courthouse
rorytsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #224
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytsm View Post
good to know. i've transported the rifle through town to the shooting range with zero issues several times.

and i also honestly wouldn't say he was being an ass, he was coming out of the courthouse (center building of the downtown area) and asked if he could have a word with me, asked the question, i showed him, and said "have a nice day" it all took less than 1 minute i really didn't see anything wrong with it specially being that i was directly outside the courthouse
I have a problem with anyone hassling me for no reason. It's perfectly legal to wear an AR as a hat with a round chambered. He had no right to stop you.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:09 AM   #225
Creeping Death
Born Again Patriot

Bikes: 2009 YZF-R1, Raven
Regarding open carry, I do have some concern of someone trying to take my gun from behind. I keep very aware of people standing behind me and consiously prepare my self to respond immediately should that happen. I also stopped keeping a round in the chamber after finding the video below. With a little practice it works very well. The only issue I've found is that if you don't really manhandle the slide your hand my slip trying to rack it too quickly.

Next time I go to the range I want to practice shooting from the hip for quicker fire in very close quarter situations.

SIG courtesy of Petrol Spice in care of InkedR1Pilot
Thanks Uncle P!

R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 01/20/87 ~ 10/23/11
R.I.P Andre (Twistgrip)
Ride On Brothers...
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #226
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Bikes: 2012 R1 Raven
Because I travel to PA a lot, and its open carry over there accept in class one cities, I do open carry in FW from time to time. The whole OC vs. CC carry has been beaten to death. I personally do both, and haven't had any incidents so far. Well I had one "friend" tell me OC here was illegal, and that two complaints about it would make me lose my LTCH. But, he's a retard. I also use a black hawk holster, and most people that have never seen one, don't know how to remove the gun from it. Helps with the someone walking up from behind situation above, still paranoid about it sometimes though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreak9205 View Post
It's like kankles for your head!!

Your local HPT and EFI live tuner.

Last edited by NoxImus; 11-17-2012 at 06:18 AM.
NoxImus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #227
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
Regarding open carry, I do have some concern of someone trying to take my gun from behind. I keep very aware of people standing behind me and consiously prepare my self to respond immediately should that happen. I also stopped keeping a round in the chamber after finding the video below. With a little practice it works very well. The only issue I've found is that if you don't really manhandle the slide your hand my slip trying to rack it too quickly.

Next time I go to the range I want to practice shooting from the hip for quicker fire in very close quarter situations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGD2j...ure=plpp_video
It's a novel idea but unless you can practice that under very serious stress (doubtful) carry with one in the pipe. One of the main reasons I carry a da/sa gun and looking into a hk for a function it has

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #228
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
It's a novel idea but unless you can practice that under very serious stress (doubtful) carry with one in the pipe. One of the main reasons I carry a da/sa gun and looking into a hk for a function it has

I agree man. I once saw a video where they had a college class have two students with aairsoft paintball gun, one was the good guy, and the other was the threat sitting in class. Neither knew who was who, and it was amazing how inefficient concealed carrying was, and not being prepaired for high stress situations is. I've spent hours practicing draws, but its hard to get that high adrenaline flow, like you'd have in a life or death scenario. I would also imagine you'd get a lot of tunnel vision.

Quote:

Last edited by NoxImus; 11-17-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #229
Kangaroo
para bellum

@rory- signed into law this year. Of course it will get challenged as usual.

Sig courtesy of SpidermanSS 9-15-09

Brothers riding on...
Bandrews 10/11
Dieyoung69 11/10
Vman1300 3/09
Gawarrior 6/08
Elviswarrior 6/07
Crazyclimbr 3/07
K_flexxx 6/06
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #230
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGD2j...ure=plpp_video
Quote:

+10000

You cannot train for stress without stress. You lose so much movement it's crazy. Israeli's train for that and I used to do it but was taught a lesson by one of my hi speed, low drag friends. To keep you from firing the gun, all I have to do is occlude your arm for a simple moment and engage. Unless you know proper retention of a firearm against trained people you may just end up getting shot with your own gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxImus View Post
I agree man. I once saw a video where they had a college class have two students with aairsoft paintball gun, one was the good guy, and the other was the threat sitting in class. Neither knew who was who, and it was amazing how inefficient concealed carrying was, and not being prepaired for high stress situations is. I've spent hours practicing draws, but its hard to get that high adrenaline flow, like you'd have in a life or death scenario. I would also imagine you'd get a lot of tunnel vision.
Not as much as you think. Depends on training, if you make the draw simple and effective, the rest just happens. Bad guys who are willing to face an armed aggressor are highly trained or crazy. You're screwed if you see one of those anyway. Once the first shot is fired, they will run like jackrabbits.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #231
WarMachine

You could train with simunition but i don't know how easy it is to get and it's gonna hurt like a bitch

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

Old 11-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #232
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
You could train with simunition but i don't know how easy it is to get and it's gonna hurt like a bitch
Yeah, I watched a guy take a shot in the ass with Simunition from a glock trainer. Holy crap, it made a freakin hole in him. Cost 1500 in em room bills. They paid him 50 bucks to take the shot.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #233
WarMachine

Quote:
Yeah, I watched a guy take a shot in the ass with Simunition from a glock trainer. Holy crap, it made a freakin hole in him. Cost 1500 in em room bills. They paid him 50 bucks to take the shot.
what was it point blank?

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 11-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #234
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
what was it point blank?
I dunno
Old 11-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #235
fjorn
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?

Bikes: '07 R1 (track only)
Quote:
You cannot train for stress without stress. You lose so much movement it's crazy. Israeli's train for that and I used to do it but was taught a lesson by one of my hi speed, low drag friends. To keep you from firing the gun, all I have to do is occlude your arm for a simple moment and engage. Unless you know proper retention of a firearm against trained people you may just end up getting shot with your own gun.
I've been stressing this point for years on end. Many times, people thought I was stupid for saying it.
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #236
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
I've been stressing this point for years on end. Many times, people thought I was stupid for saying it.
I couldn't be told either. I'm always training accomplishes everything kinda guy, but after an intervention I learned to keep my damn gun single hand ready. Scared the shit outta me.

Went in the hood today to deliver food to some needy families. Glock 29 was in the pants deep cover.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:53 AM   #237
KMac
Moderatorasfcvk

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Quote:
what was it point blank?
I think you mean "very close range", "point blank" can be anywhere from muzzle to hundreds of yards away, depending on the gun,caliber, etc. Considering it was a Glock and it was a set up shoot, it's probably from 50ft or less, in which case the entire range was "point blank range".

Last edited by KMac; 11-19-2012 at 04:59 AM.
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #238
WarMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
I think you mean "very close range", "point blank" can be anywhere from muzzle to hundreds of yards away, depending on the gun,caliber, etc. Considering it was a Glock and it was a set up shoot, it's probably from 50ft or less, in which case the entire range was "point blank range".
Yes, that's what i meant

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #239
racindego
Angry Misogynist

Bikes: 636 traded in for PW50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post

Are you sure that's why?

racindego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #240
NoxImus
Tin Foil Hat

Quote:
+10000

Not as much as you think. Depends on training, if you make the draw simple and effective, the rest just happens. Bad guys who are willing to face an armed aggressor are highly trained or crazy. You're screwed if you see one of those anyway. Once the first shot is fired, they will run like jackrabbits.
Yeah, while I agree with that... I would imagine that anyone committing a crime would have the same, if not more adrenaline flow, and tunnel vision. Maybe not even noticing the other people and focusing on his objective... that is if his objective isn't laying waist to everyone in sight (IE robbers) I think the whole argument over OC vs CC is silly. There has never been one instance to show that OC is less effective in deterring a situation. Hell I think if you can legally own a gun you should, how you carry it, I care not. Like I said, I travel so much anymore that I visit states where the legal option for NON permit holders is to OC. I hold a Indiana liftetime, but it's as you know, not excepted every where.

wondering if I can change this thread name to "Guns, and Shat talk"

Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement