help bar ends install : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Sydster
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2012 R1 Black Dragon
help bar ends install

Hi Guys, please see two images, trying to install these RHK's.

how to remove the inner shaft from the bars to install the new rubbers from the new part?

some help

Last edited by Sydster; 11-17-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Sydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 03:16 AM   #2
rorlow
Cheating death in the "D"

Bikes: Silver/Gray 02
Why can't you remove the nut, rubber & collar from the barend and just use the bolt & barend? The nut in the OEM clip-on is swedged in the handle bar and to remove it for a generic barend is not worth it. If the first suggestion does not work I recommend getting R1 specific barends

rorlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #3
RedDevil154
R1 pilot

Bikes: 08 Candy Red R1
What he said^^^ I have a set of throttle meisters in the stock bar end attachments and they work fine even for those.
RedDevil154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
jelizondo_20
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 Yamaha R1
I wanted to do the same as you and after a few days of trying to figure it our, I just took off the nut and rubber piece and screwed it into the stock nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
jelizondo_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Sydster
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2012 R1 Black Dragon
it works with stock bolt if you take everything off the new part. With the silver spacer on it sit too far out and looks stupid. without it on the throttle side it pushes against the rubber which jams the throttle movement.

Using a washer works but its a temporary fix. If the bike falls the the stock nut will bend and might get jammed in. also the bar shaft lips would get damaged too.

I've got them in just for looks at the moment until i find a solution
Sydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
it works with stock bolt if you take everything off the new part. With the silver spacer on it sit too far out and looks stupid. without it on the throttle side it pushes against the rubber which jams the throttle movement.

Using a washer works but its a temporary fix. If the bike falls the the stock nut will bend and might get jammed in. also the bar shaft lips would get damaged too.

the nut won't bend...the stock clipons, like others break if it hits that hard...then you can get some aftermarket ones

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #7
rorlow
Cheating death in the "D"

Bikes: Silver/Gray 02
Quote:

Here's what I would recommend (Greggs Customs) and it looks like yours except its solid SST so it gives you slight vibration damping on the clip-on and won't rust, plus its made for R1's

link- http://greggscustoms.com/?wpsc-produ...minum-bar-ends
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01461.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	326.9 KB
ID:	477090   Click image for larger version

Name:	363-8148.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	477091  

Last edited by rorlow; 11-19-2012 at 02:30 AM.
rorlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
HKr1
-.-- .- -- .- .... .-

Bikes: YZFR1SPV
Quote:

New yamaha clipons/bars are empty, you have to add that insert(pain in the azz).
I would just use the washer on the throttle side. Also, if you drop the bike.... it just ripps the bar end off anyway.
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement