Xmas time, what to get?!!! - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #21
fjorn
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
 
fjorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Bikes: '07 R1 (track only)
Location: Da northland. Yah.
Posts: 36,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Anything but electronics. I really think those things are the root of all evil with todays adolescent issues.


__________________
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6861_1.gif
  • RIP to our fallen brothers. You will all be missed and remembered:
    • crazyclimbr - March 4, 2007
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
KMac
SuperModerateur
 
KMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
Location: Huntsvegas
Posts: 43,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Anything but electronics. I really think those things are the root of all evil with todays adolescent issues.

They wouldn't be if kids could do anything in moderation. Unfortunately, parents can't either, and are addicted to not having to actually interact with, nor oversee their kids, and electronics are a cool, trendy, never ending escape.
__________________
KMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #23
Matt600r
I eat my R1
 
Matt600r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Bikes: 2008 R1
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
They wouldn't be if kids could do anything in moderation. Unfortunately, parents can't either, and are addicted to not having to actually interact with, nor oversee their kids, and electronics are a cool, trendy, never ending escape.
Couldn't agree more. Electronics are not the problem, it's the parents who use the electronics as babysitters for their children. Put a time limit on the TV,DS,XBox,PS3, and when the time us up.....it's up!
Matt600r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #24
z064life
R1 Forum Star
 
z064life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 15,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt600r View Post
Couldn't agree more. Electronics are not the problem, it's the parents who use the electronics as babysitters for their children. Put a time limit on the TV,DS,XBox,PS3, and when the time us up.....it's up!
Always blaming the parents...maybe if the govt took better care of us


__________________
Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #25
lobsterhound
................
 
lobsterhound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1
Location: Harrington Maine
Posts: 4,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
Always blaming the parents...maybe if the govt took better care of us


The government should be paying for the xmas presents

...wait....they already are for some people

__________________

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #26
SakiBomb
Herro!
 
SakiBomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Bikes: 05 R1
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterhound View Post
The government should be paying for the xmas presents

...wait....they already are for some people

Xmas came early for some folks. At least Obama was smart about that

SakiBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #27
Matt600r
I eat my R1
 
Matt600r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Bikes: 2008 R1
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,798
What an ignorant B****! She knows nothing about Obama, Romney, or Politics in general. All she knows is that by voting liberal, she will get more "free stuff!!" That's all she knows and that's all she cares about!

"Ok what's wrong with Romney again!"

"ROMNEY..... HE SUCKS!!!"

*eye roll* Good answer!
Matt600r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #28
Gearheaded
Venom X/O
 
Gearheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
We'll see what the new price is
Sure... I imagine your phone call this weekend will go:

"Thankyou for calling braketech, this is (anyone) how can i help you"

"Hi, my name is Chris and I'd like to buy the new set of CNC rotors for a 09-11 r1 with (blah blah blah)"

"Sir, they don't even have a price yet or a release date"

"That's fine, I'd like a set with gold accents and new ceramic pads please, can you overnight? Also, just use my card that's on file. Thanks"

"But sir..."

"Maybe I wasn't speaking clearly, my names Chris"

"Oh my mistake sir, I'll have them out tomorrow"
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
BlackShadow
Need $ for bike parts
 
BlackShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2011 R1, and all the bikes I wish i had
Location: Hudson, Wisconsin
Posts: 3,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Sure... I imagine your phone call this weekend will go:

"Thankyou for calling braketech, this is (anyone) how can i help you"

"Hi, my name is Chris and I'd like to buy the new set of CNC rotors for a 09-11 r1 with (blah blah blah)"

"Sir, they don't even have a price yet or a release date"

"That's fine, I'd like a set with gold accents and new ceramic pads please, can you overnight? Also, just use my card that's on file. Thanks"

"But sir..."

"Maybe I wasn't speaking clearly, my names Chris"

"Oh my mistake sir, I'll have them out tomorrow"
LMFAO!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com App
__________________

Sig by Uncle P

I wish my Dad was alive to see some of the crazy shit I do. RIP Pops
BlackShadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #30
z064life
R1 Forum Star
 
z064life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 15,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Sure... I imagine your phone call this weekend will go:

"Thankyou for calling braketech, this is (anyone) how can i help you"

"Hi, my name is Chris and I'd like to buy the new set of CNC rotors for a 09-11 r1 with (blah blah blah)"

"Sir, they don't even have a price yet or a release date"

"That's fine, I'd like a set with gold accents and new ceramic pads please, can you overnight? Also, just use my card that's on file. Thanks"

"But sir..."

"Maybe I wasn't speaking clearly, my names Chris"

"Oh my mistake sir, I'll have them out tomorrow"
You clearly are mistaken...Brembo Z04 pads are the only ones made for my calipers
__________________
Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #31
Gearheaded
Venom X/O
 
Gearheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
You clearly are mistaken...Brembo Z04 pads are the only ones made for my calipers


Maybe braketech will manufacture pads specifically for you. I mean, you do pilot Rossi's bike to give them a baseline on what's wrong with it before each race
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #32
z064life
R1 Forum Star
 
z064life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 15,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post


Maybe braketech will manufacture pads specifically for you. I mean, you do pilot Rossi's bike to give them a baseline on what's wrong with it before each race
Again..clearly mistaken.

I pilot my bike to give Rossi a goal for his lap times...I mean using his bike wouldn't be fair
__________________
Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #33
Gearheaded
Venom X/O
 
Gearheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
Again..clearly mistaken.

I pilot my bike to give Rossi a goal for his lap times...I mean using his bike wouldn't be fair
Now that he's on a Yamaha I'm sure.

But I couldn't imagine the nightmares you faced with the Ducati
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #34
z064life
R1 Forum Star
 
z064life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 15,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Now that he's on a Yamaha I'm sure.

But I couldn't imagine the nightmares you faced with the Ducati
don't even get me started on that POS
__________________
Hey Greenstreak, it's z064life lazy ass

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.