FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 235 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #4681
Sydster
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2012 R1 Black Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
im in the same boat. what would flash tune do without this forum.

i'm learning, so i need to apply a PCV map to base maps even to the 2012 R1 y-pipe & slip-on.ftm map. How do I find the right PCV for my setup which is a GYTR slipons and mid y pipe?

im EU too
so do i need to buy pc and auto tune to create a custom map with my exhaust mods or one that someone made will do?

R1evotion, is this what u are doing? a pcv for 12?
Sydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #4682
indianfighter
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianfighter View Post
I can't find any explanation for the changes this map makes. Can someone point in the right direction to read up?

Does this smoothen out the twitchy A mode on/off throttle sensitivity? Does this apply uniformly to all modes? I'm a little wary and want to be sure before flashing as once done there is no going back. Flash tune has zero documentation about their interface and software so this forum is my only hope.

I'd like to know that too.
Oh and 1 more thing; I'm not sure what ignition timing is Peen's v2 based on but if it's for 91+ octane then I'll need to lower it for my fuel. What's the octane that the stock ecu map is based on? And how do I put those values in peen's map other than manually cell by cell?
Old 11-20-2012, 03:41 AM   #4683
chatham
R1

Quote:
so do i need to buy pc and auto tune to create a custom map with my exhaust mods or one that someone made will do?

Hello Sydster,

I have spent over three months building some very good maps for my Australian 2012 R1 but I got fed up with not being able to get that sweet spot with the tune when just using the Flashtune...I now use a flashed ECU (no 02)with a PCV and Autotune and this combo has worked so well!!
I'm finally happy with the tune.
It is by far the best money you could spend and In my opinion you need all three..the PCV allows a map to be built for each gear, the Flashtune allows you to disable the 02 and run TPS vs RPM fueling (better for tuning the whole map), and the autotune trims the map for you getting it almost spot on.

If you want a FT map made for a Flashed 2012 r1 EU spec running 98 fuel
y-pipe and GYTR's I have one 99% ready to go.
Just send me a PM if you want it.(it was built by running the Auto tune over the map for a 12.9 AFR on my Flashed ECU)

Last edited by chatham; 11-20-2012 at 04:20 AM.
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 AM   #4684
cheong1106
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2012 R1 50th Anniversary #250
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
Hello Sydster,

I have spent over three months building some very good maps for my Australian 2012 R1 but I got fed up with not being able to get that sweet spot with the tune when just using the Flashtune...I now use a flashed ECU (no 02)with a PCV and Autotune and this combo has worked so well!!
It is by far the best money you could spend and In my opinion you need all three..the PCV allows a map to be built for each gear, the Flashtune allows you to disable the 02 and run TPS vs RPM fueling (better for tuning the whole map), and the autotune trims the map for you getting it almost spot on.

Just send me a PM if you want it.(it was built by running the Auto tune over the map for a 12.9 AFR)
Send it over!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #4685
Sydster

Quote:
Hello Sydster,

Just send me a PM if you want it.(it was built by running the Auto tune over the map for a 12.9 AFR on my Flashed ECU)
sweet, pmed u my email.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #4686
indianfighter
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 R1
Quote:

Quote:
im in the same boat. what would flash tune do without this forum.

i'm learning, so i need to apply a PCV map to base maps even to the 2012 R1 y-pipe & slip-on.ftm map. How do I find the right PCV for my setup which is a GYTR slipons and mid y pipe?

im EU too
You could use a canned map off someone with a similar set up mate. Unless you wanna blow up more money
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 AM   #4687
AAAHH-1
My R1 eats me.

Bikes: 07 R1 full graves pipes, k&n filters, PC 5 & auto-tune. Rosso diablo tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
OK, Autotune installed (took approx. 1,5h to do it), tomorrow I'll start accepting trims for updated hybrid ECU fuel map. Meantime I'm waiting for the same posibility with Bazzaz, then I'll sell the PCV+AT and go with Bzzzaz (it works with all 8 injectors so fuel map there is more accurate I think without buying next Dynojet SFM-5 unit, not to mention putting all those connectors beneath the airbox in a very limited space..)

n4speed: as for the HM PLUS quickshifter I use 85% sensivity and 60ms kill time, mode C, yesterday I set up my Gilles rearsets to road shift pattern again (my max speed was 286km/h but speedo ended at 224km/h, something has to be wrong with 88% speedo correction I used for ECU reflash last time ).
Yer right? I get 305 km on my 07 R1 with a 9.88 1/4 mile. PCV+AT, removed exup valve, k&n filter, block off plates and graves full system. oh and i forgot to mention, bike dyno tune! No need for this flashing the ecu crap!! Get real!!
AAAHH-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #4688
Sydster

Quote:
Hello Sydster,

how about a step by step for a noob like me. I havent flashed yet..

so I should use a base map then import ur map into that, select options in general setting then hit flash correct? or import your map in step one of flashtune and hit flash?

sorry if I sound like an idiot. When I moded my Audi TT i simply sent the ECU to the states, got it back running super fast! I just use a software to adjust turbo boost, timing and fueling, simply plus or minus values.... I'm still getting my head around doing all this myself for the bike..

Last edited by Sydster; 11-23-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #4689
R1evolution
I eat my R1

Bikes: 12 R1
Quote:

Thats not me. Im doing a cylinder by cylinder test with wide band O2 and data log. im still waiting for my )2 bungs to show up
Old 11-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #4690
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
I got the answer on how the QS works from F-T

Quote:
For the R1 the qs functions by emulating a rev limiter. It activates an ignition cut determined by the amount of time set in the map.
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #4691
laxwendrof
I eat my R1

Hi,
I have something very good for US bikes not restricted throttle ECU(EUROPEAN) r1 rn22 kit(is a new without flash and has imobilaser inside).

Also very good for somebody who would like to save his ECU(eu) before FT.

Absolutely brand new ECU(EU) with imo. full kit (main looms+clock looms+red keys for this ECU(to program any barrel/antena)+ECU(EUROPEAN)+fuel cap)
one black key barrel is on racing bike with YEC ECU.

KIT is for now reserved for N4Speed to Friday

laxwendrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #4692
Elwin
Banned

Send it to flashtune to read and include EU 2009 into software!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxwendrof View Post
Hi,
I have something very good for US bikes not restricted throttle ECU(EUROPEAN) r1 rn22 kit(is a new without flash and has imobilaser inside).

Also very good for somebody who would like to save his ECU(eu) before FT.

Absolutely brand new ECU(EU) with imo. full kit (main looms+clock looms+red keys for this ECU(to program any barrel/antena)+ECU(EUROPEAN)+fuel cap)
one black key barrel is on racing bike with YEC ECU.

KIT is for now reserved for N4Speed to Friday
Elwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #4693
cheong1106
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2012 R1 50th Anniversary #250
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAHH-1 View Post
Yer right? I get 305 km on my 07 R1 with a 9.88 1/4 mile. PCV+AT, removed exup valve, k&n filter, block off plates and graves full system. oh and i forgot to mention, bike dyno tune! No need for this flashing the ecu crap!! Get real!!
Well... the 12 R1 has throttle mapping shutting the butterflies back down to 84% open after 11.5k rpm. ( That would explaim the stock power curve flatten / plateau right after that. )

Flashing keeps it at 100%

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #4694
chatham
R1

Quote:
how about a step by step for a noob like me. I havent flashed yet..

so I should use a base map then import ur map into that, select options in general setting then hit flash correct? or import your map in step one of flashtune and hit flash?

sorry if I sound like an idiot. When I moded my Audi TT i simply sent the ECU to the states, got it back running super fast! I just use a software to adjust turbo boost and fueling.... I'm still getting my head around doing all this myself for the bike..
Email sent

call me
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:46 PM   #4695
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Send it to flashtune to read and include EU 2009 into software!
A big

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #4696
frogsak1
ghost

Bikes: 2012 R1
Quote:
Hello Sydster,

Chatham live kind near me and what he is saying is correct all 3 units working together makes for a very nice map

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
frogsak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #4697
Ryans79
I eat my R1

Bikes: 86 FZ750 Genesis sold; 99 R1 sold & now 08 R1
07 08 R1 Flash ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAHH-1 View Post
I got a 08 R1, DNA air Filter, Block off plates, Full Graves exhaust system(no exup Valve), Bazzaz ZFI+AFM kit. Bike was pulling super well up 300km/hr. But after I reflashed the ECU with Flash Tune kit, bikes pulls like a bullet and in much less time to the 300km/hr. The front end will fly easily even in 4th gear ...
Ryans79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #4698
SySt
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2007 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans79 View Post
I got a 08 R1, DNA air Filter, Block off plates, Full Graves exhaust system(no exup Valve), Bazzaz ZFI+AFM kit. Bike was pulling super well up 300km/hr. But after I reflashed the ECU with Flash Tune kit, bikes pulls like a bullet and in much less time to the 300km/hr. The front end will fly easily even in 4th gear ...
Lucky...My 07 has similar mods but i'm running a completely stock fuel map. I'm lucky to get my bike to lift in 2nd gear on power alone. I'm not that heavy at 185lbs.

Sent from my DROID4 using Motorcycle.com Free App
SySt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #4699
chrispy121
yamaha rules

Bikes: r6.cbr1000, r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
I got the answer on how the QS works from F-T
darn it just purchased a annitori qs as I hadnt had the answer but the main reason is the sensor works in standard and revese shift
chrispy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #4700
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans79 View Post
The front end will fly easily even in 4th gear ...
And you don`t have a small turbo you forgot to tell us about???........

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen