When is Yamaha going to give us a new R1/R6 ? - Page 3 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #41
Stonewall
ROWDY

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
What do you know about standard trim
75% Carbon, 20% TI, 5% Aluminum,
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #42
R1_Crazy
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
Your 750 is faster on track because you suck at riding big boy bikes
Actually there is truth to this.

Fast liter bikes require a tremendous amount of skill to use the power compared to say my new 750. That's why the Daytona, the 750, and the 848 are simply brilliant. I feel that most riders in the low A or high B level ( which is the majority) can benefit from the better handling/lower power bike. The increased corner speed outweighs the raw horsepower in the straits.

Given to a Pro or extremely talented rider then of course they can use it and set the track records you speak of.... But that is only a small segment of track riders. 99% of the buyers are mere mortals here. Connecting high hp to the tarmac is difficult even for the "big boys".

That is why the R1 even with the lower liter bike power has the potential to be outstanding. The R1 has a very good connected feel. If Yamaha can make that bike handle better than say my 2011 Repsol 1000 and knock 50 lbs. off...then it would dominate.

As I stated before-
Jenny Craig diet. Lower mass and better centralization. Faster flick rate.
That would be a winner. Instead Yamaha chose to give it TC. I wish they would have focused on these other things. Hell even my loved 04' R1 is lighter. In 2007 Yamaha lost their edge. Its time they get it back now.

Edit: I think my 11' 750 is fugly looking too! Suzuki doesn't give a crap because they are all about function not aesthetics. They built a bike that is low, short , very light, and very flickable. Buy whatever you want.

Last edited by R1_Crazy; 11-22-2012 at 10:32 AM.
R1_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #43
Kangaroo
para bellum

We'll get a new r1 when Rossi retires to wsbk.

And @the Count

Sig courtesy of SpidermanSS 9-15-09

Brothers riding on...
Bandrews 10/11
Dieyoung69 11/10
Vman1300 3/09
Gawarrior 6/08
Elviswarrior 6/07
Crazyclimbr 3/07
K_flexxx 6/06
Kangaroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links