FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 239 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #4761
marshdrummer
Lucky 13 X/O

Bikes: 2011 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
Sorry for small off-topic but if someone want to develop Bazzaz fuel map for US model I have ZFi TC + Z-AFM units for sale. They are still in US (selling 'cause I bought another set here in EU and don't need both of them).

PS: after my last dyno map my mileage improved a lot, now it shows 26-28 mpg + (before it was 21mpg).
So you're getting 28 without the o2 sensor? I can live with that. I'm only getting 32 now stock

LRRS AM
RSP Racing #920
Sponsors: Pirelli, Tony's trackdays, Motorcycle Tires and Gear, Dyno Solutions, Sportbike Track Gear, Knox, Woodcraft, 434racer.com
marshdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #4762
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Marshdrummer, your steps above are correct. That is basically what R1NStang did (minus the dyno tune) and he enjoys the result. I run the PeenV2 map and still get 32 running down the highway, flogging it on track or in the twisties is a different story.

AKDMA, for street riding if you are worried about getting the most performance out of your bike below 9% TPS........I am pretty sure the bike only make like 30 HP or less down there to go down the highway....is it really a concern at that point?

GreenStreak runs solidly in the A group with the bias set to 75%. It should also be said that if you re read my post, I said that on the track disabling the O2 sensor is the way to go and what I do, but is clearly not at all necessary. But seriously if you don't have an AT, why disable the OEM O2 sensor?
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread

Last edited by Tad158; 11-29-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Tad158 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #4763
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
In my case, it would be 100% necessary because I've removed the o2 sensor in favor of my Bazzaz wideband. I prefer to go by mapping 100% as opposed to the o2 sensor, been running it like that since I got the interface, works great. I don't commute, I don't care about anything related to MPG or economy.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #4764
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDMA View Post
In my case, it would be 100% necessary because I've removed the o2 sensor in favor of my Bazzaz wideband. I prefer to go by mapping 100% as opposed to the o2 sensor, been running it like that since I got the interface, works great. I don't commute, I don't care about anything related to MPG or economy.

Agreed, but in the case of what Marshdrummer is asking questions about, he seems to, and was going to remove the PCV in the end. So for HIS case, why would you apply YOUR case/desires to him. I am just saying to be conscious to the other person's question before responding to what your setup is. Remember HIS performance equation my also include MPG....especially the way he phrased his original question...

MPG matters to me too, because there are lots of straight roads between me and the twistes, why waste good gas getting to the fun stuff
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #4765
AKDMA
I eat my R1

I was just going on the fact that he's a racer, so clearly performance is a concern. I'm offering my opinion based on my riding style, as are you. Neither is wrong. I'd rather have the consistent throttle that map based fueling provides over the inconsistent fueling the o2 sensor offers, even at low throttle position. Again, that's just my .02. Take it or leave it.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #4766
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdrummer View Post
Question fellas.....wasn't sure where to put this....my plan is get it flashed to get rid of restrictions, change fans, speedo healer, turn off o2 sensor....keep the stock map. Then put on a PCV and get a custom tune....then take off the PCV and get it flashed again importing the custom map. Do I/should I keep the o2 sensor? I was going to turn it off in the flash...if I do turn it off, do I just keep it connected and installed? I would think it wouldn't matter since its off. Also, how much gas mileage can I expect to lose? This will be a double duty and I plan on a lot of miles next year....thanks in advance! (oh, it's an 11)...
Quote:
Ugh! I don't wanna deal with 20mpg.... So, how to I tune it then? Flash, disable o2', PCV instal (no o2 optimizer), custom tune, flash again, turn on o2, import custom map, un-install PCV? What does the Pcv o2 optimizer do?
All I am saying is present both options because he was clearly concerned about mileage....I am only worried about giving people good unbiased info here. That is all.... over....I am just trying to get/give people all the info....
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 PM   #4767
marshdrummer
Lucky 13 X/O

Sorry to start a disagreement! I appreciate the feedback though...its very useful! So here's a left field question - would the interface let me run a track map - no o2 sensor in a mode, then a more street friendly map with the o2 sensor in b mode?

LRRS AM
RSP Racing #920
Sponsors: Pirelli, Tony's trackdays, Motorcycle Tires and Gear, Dyno Solutions, Sportbike Track Gear, Knox, Woodcraft, 434racer.com
Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #4768
AKDMA
I eat my R1

No worries man, i think highly of tad, just a couple of perspectives to consider. I don't think you can change the bias per mode, although that would be a nice feature.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #4769
marshdrummer
Lucky 13 X/O

Tad - re-reading your post, you say you turn off the o2 for the track....but if it's set at 75% bias, that would only kick the o2 sensor in below 4k, correct? The only time I'm at 4k at the track is on pit in/out lol...he highway, that's a different story!

LRRS AM
RSP Racing #920
Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #4770
marshdrummer
Lucky 13 X/O

Quote:
No worries man, i think highly of tad, just a couple of perspectives to consider.
I appreciate it! Just trying to get all my ducks in a row so I do everything once - and correctly...

LRRS AM
RSP Racing #920
Old 11-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #4771
Tad158

Quote:
Tad - re-reading your post, you say you turn off the o2 for the track....but if it's set at 75% bias, that would only kick the o2 sensor in below 4k, correct? The only time I'm at 4k at the track is on pit in/out lol...he highway, that's a different story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post

GreenStreak runs solidly in the A group with the bias set to 75%.
That is a ......

I do it because I can and for no other reason. I usually tinker around with some other parameters as well. So why the heck not, it only takes 8 minuets to flash it. Heck at my last track weekend I flashed my ECU three times, just to fiddle with things....and two other people's ECUs...it is just fun.
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #4772
Tad158

Quote:
No worries man, i think highly of tad, just a couple of perspectives to consider. I don't think you can change the bias per mode, although that would be a nice feature.

It is too bad that the 09-11 ECU does not have room for it, or F-T has not figured out how to link that stuff to the mode switch yet....but it would in fact be pretty sweet. Some times I wish I had access to the source code to tinker with it...
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #4773
cheong1106
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2012 R1 50th Anniversary #250
Chatham. At sepang running our last version. Get 4th gear redline so extra gear map info when I return and dload.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #4774
YZF-Soultrain
Bike Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marider View Post
Sorry for small off-topic but if someone want to develop Bazzaz fuel map for US model I have ZFi TC + Z-AFM units for sale. They are still in US (selling 'cause I bought another set here in EU and don't need both of them).

PS: after my last dyno map my mileage improved a lot, now it shows 26-28 mpg + (before it was 21mpg).
Hey Marider, when u get a chance shoot me a pm on the price for the Bazzaz zfi TC and afm setup for my 2010. I'm very interested.
YZF-Soultrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #4775
chatham
R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheong1106 View Post
Chatham. At sepang running our last version. Get 4th gear redline so extra gear map info when I return and dload.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App

looking forward to seeing the data.

I have found when running the A/T for a long time the 2% column gets corrupted with extreme high and low numbers so now no longer allow it to tune that area. (I'm running block off plates also)
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #4776
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Chatham:
Is your map available for download?

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #4777
chatham
R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
Chatham:
Is your map available for download?
Is your bike a 2012?.
If so PM me.
I'm only working on the 2012's at the moment.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #4778
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!

Bikes: 2009 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
Is your bike a 2012?.
If so PM me.
I'm only working on the 2012's at the moment.
It's an 09 but AFAIK, only the ign is different!
My bike is in winter storage but I'd be interested in looking at the numbers!!

Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #4779
Tad158

Quote:
...I am curious to see the difference also. Did you AT from a stock map or one of the 3/4 system maps?
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #4780
chatham
R1

Quote:
ok...
why so many !!!
are you trying to yell your knowledge at me?
mate, I only asked if your bike was a 2012?
and if so PM me and id send you a map...

as far as part numbers are concerned the 09 and 11 have different cams.. so there is for sure some subtle differences between my 12 and your 09.
FYI,
This Yamaha 14B-12170-01-00 CAMSHAFT ASSY 1 is also used on these models and components:

2011 YZF-R1 - YZFR1AB CAMSHAFT CHAIN

This Yamaha 14B-12170-00-00 CAMSHAFT ASSY 1 is also used on these models and components:

2009 YZFR1 - YZFR1YB CAMSHAFT & CHAIN
2009 YZFR1 - YZFR1YY CAMSHAFT & CHAIN
2010 YZFR1 YZFR1ZCB_W_L YZFR1 (CA) - YZFR1ZB CAMSHAFT & CHAIN

I do, and have, shared my knowledge openly.
BUT.. I do it through PM's...my choice that's all.

my maps have been created on a flashed EU ecu then auto-tuned trims accepted, added on top of the image and re run.
I then add fuel in key areas to smooth the on off throttle at 0% and 2%
as the auto-tune is not capable of tuning that area correctly.
I tune the whole map and only use TPSvsRPM
on my bike with mixed riding fuel use is avg 7ltrs per 100ks
freeway consumption avg 5lts per 100ks
no need for the 02 as far as i'm concerned.

PM me your email and you can look at the numbers of a nice generic map for most 12 owners.. tuned to 12.9 AFR..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement