Has anyone tried out the Leo Vince black italia exhaust? : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
catnao
My R1 eats me.
 
catnao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Bikes: 2012 R1
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 25
Has anyone tried out the Leo Vince black italia exhaust?

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone has tried out the leo Vince black italia exhaust I came across it while looking at upgrades for my new 2012 R1

https://www.motomummy.com/leo-vince-...a-dual-slipon/

Couldn't help notice it with such a good price on a not so bad looking exhaust for this bike almost sounds too good to be true so don't know if anyone has real feedback like on the downsides of this exhaust.

Here is a link for YouTube video


What do you guys think?
catnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
jake300win
assfault junkies
 
jake300win's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Bikes: 2007 r1
Location: Dawsonville GA
Posts: 1,899
I think they look good, price wise it does seem a little on the cheap side especially for two cans. But Leo seems to make quality stuff
__________________



"That doesn't sound right but I don't know enough about stars to dispute it"
jake300win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Gearheaded
Venom X/O
 
Gearheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,912
My sbk ovals were 350$ brand new and the only difference over these are the cans are black over my silver. Awesome exhaust, have zero issues with them
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
AKDMA
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,712
I had the silver ones. They're definitely not light, but they're well made.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
Gearheaded
Venom X/O
 
Gearheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,912
They arnt that heavy.

People stress way too much on saving 1-2lbs.. Take a shit before you ride
__________________


Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
AKDMA
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,712
The stainless ones weighed considerably more than my current setup, well over 5lbs I believe it was 7lbs even. It may not be much to you, but it all adds up and weight reduction is one of the main things I focus on on a heavy bike like this. The sleeves are really thick to be stainless steel, at least 2mm.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-29-2012 at 05:24 AM.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
Gearheaded
Venom X/O
 
Gearheaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,912
I've weighed them. Mine arnt 7lbs combined weight....
__________________


Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
AKDMA
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Location: WNC
Posts: 1,712
Which do you have? After I cut mine down they weighed like 9lbs. They were the least expensive polished stainless ones.

Edit: Shipping weight in the box was 9.5lbs

Again, not hating on them by any stretch. They were very sturdy and built well, just heavier than I expected. The sleeves are very thick and the cans hold a lot of packing. But I've had titanium GP cans on my last 2 bikes, so I'm comparing them to very light exhaust canisters. My new setup only weighs 2.x lbs.

Last edited by AKDMA; 11-29-2012 at 05:45 AM.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
HardRacing
Site Sponsor
 
HardRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Bikes: 07 R1, 05 R1 OHLINS_MASTER_DEALER
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,595
We've sold several now and they look and sound awesome. Not that heavy either and the matte satin black finish blends with any color bike.


.
__________________
HardRacing.com - 704-799-2192
OHLINS Premier Dealer_Great Prices, Tech.Support, Full Staff of Sales Reps, Fast WORLD WIDE Shipping, Large Inventory and Excellent Customer Service.
Follow us on TWITTER & Facebook to get Exclusive SMOKIN' Deals, including $30 GIFT CARD Prizes.

Celebrating our 16th year in business.
HardRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
catnao
My R1 eats me.
 
catnao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Bikes: 2012 R1
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 25
Thanks for the info much appreciated these are my backup if I can't afford to get the new graves link exhaust, I'm loving that one
catnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #11
playero_loko
ARMY's Finest!
 
playero_loko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1, 2011 Yamaha R1, traded in 2009 Aprilia RSV 1000R, sold 2006 CBR 600RR
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake300win View Post
I think they look good, price wise it does seem a little on the cheap side especially for two cans. But Leo seems to make quality stuff
i just received this exhasut with a m4 cat delete and will be installing this weekend, cant say that i'll be riding since it quite cold ever here for that but will try!

BTW, so since they're not $1k for the slip-ons does that makes it bad quiality?! simply because it's at an affordable price doesnt mean that its a bad product!
playero_loko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #12
All Smiles
Habs for life
 
All Smiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver (sold) 2007 R1 Charcoal
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 921
Quote:
BTW, so since they're not $1k for the slip-ons does that makes it bad quiality?! simply because it's at an affordable price doesnt mean that its a bad product!

True, however more often than not, you get what you pay for.
__________________
" I can accept losing IN life, but will not accept losing AT life"
All Smiles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
playero_loko
ARMY's Finest!
 
playero_loko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1, 2011 Yamaha R1, traded in 2009 Aprilia RSV 1000R, sold 2006 CBR 600RR
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Smiles View Post
True, however more often than not, you get what you pay for.
Same with all things, just because its the most expensive, doesn't make it the best thing! Prime example is: look at the 06-09 range rover, its msrp was over 60k and those things spent 75% of the time in the shop getting repaired! and that's why people would get rid of them and otherwise we able to buy them for cheaper!

A good product is actually determined by the demand of the item, you can spend a lot money on an item and have either low and or high sales just as much as you can have spent lil money on an item and still get low and or high demand. The issue always is whether or not the item is high demand and for the price it costs.

Another example is KIA, they used to be cheap car cheaply made with low demand... After they spent some time in improving their rep up and still maintain affordability while giving you options that other overpriced vehicles wouldn't unless you paid 3-5k more in those options. This is why reviews are needed and helpful as opposed to personal opinions.

What if this exhaust would be .5hp less than say akra... Wouldn't you buy it even tho you know that It's only that much less but performs that much more with just a 1/3 of the price? This where personal opinion, brand-ing and show off in the form of I have the most expensive xxx item come into place.

To me, it makes no difference as long as I get what I want and currently I have so no complaints from me!
playero_loko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
iGoldeneye
WERA? \_(ツ)_/ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1 Raven - '04 GSXR600 (track) - 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary (sold)
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by playero_loko View Post
Same with all things, just because its the most expensive, doesn't make it the best thing! Prime example is: look at the 06-09 range rover, its msrp was over 60k and those things spent 75% of the time in the shop getting repaired! and that's why people would get rid of them and otherwise we able to buy them for cheaper!

A good product is actually determined by the demand of the item, you can spend a lot money on an item and have either low and or high sales just as much as you can have spent lil money on an item and still get low and or high demand. The issue always is whether or not the item is high demand and for the price it costs.

Another example is KIA, they used to be cheap car cheaply made with low demand... After they spent some time in improving their rep up and still maintain affordability while giving you options that other overpriced vehicles wouldn't unless you paid 3-5k more in those options. This is why reviews are needed and helpful as opposed to personal opinions.

What if this exhaust would be .5hp less than say akra... Wouldn't you buy it even tho you know that It's only that much less but performs that much more with just a 1/3 of the price? This where personal opinion, brand-ing and show off in the form of I have the most expensive xxx item come into place.

To me, it makes no difference as long as I get what I want and currently I have so no complaints from me!
I can attest to the Range Rover fact I had an '06 HSE on a 48-month lease. Let's go down the list of issues.

-Fried Transmission ECU (about 5 weeks)
-Fried Transmission (on seperate occasion, loose metal ripped a hole through the filter... about 3-4 weeks)
-Navi stuck on RR logo on startup (Firmware update and new navi DVD resolved issue)
-No electrics on the left side doors (no power windows, locks, no sunroof, no garage door remote, no door lights, etc.)
-Numberous engine issues (has same engine as BMW 750li)
-Left my arse stranded @ 2am in downtown LA after a club

My neighbor has the new '12 with the updated interior/exterior... They finally got it right, it's
__________________

Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21

View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post

Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
playero_loko
ARMY's Finest!
 
playero_loko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1, 2011 Yamaha R1, traded in 2009 Aprilia RSV 1000R, sold 2006 CBR 600RR
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoldeneye View Post
I can attest to the Range Rover fact I had an '06 HSE on a 48-month lease. Let's go down the list of issues.

-Fried Transmission ECU (about 5 weeks)
-Fried Transmission (on seperate occasion, loose metal ripped a hole through the filter... about 3-4 weeks)
-Navi stuck on RR logo on startup (Firmware update and new navi DVD resolved issue)
-No electrics on the left side doors (no power windows, locks, no sunroof, no garage door remote, no door lights, etc.)
-Numberous engine issues (has same engine as BMW 750li)
-Left my arse stranded @ 2am in downtown LA after a club

My neighbor has the new '12 with the updated interior/exterior... They finally got it right, it's
I know, those looked dreaming awesome but until lately It's when they're finally worth the price they've been asking since 2006... However I can only dream of owning one still, even tho my 2012 jeep grand Cherokee is awesome, It's still not a range rover!!!

Price doesn't always tells the truth, it works 60% of the time every time! just like sex panther! Ha ha ha

Last edited by playero_loko; 11-30-2012 at 04:42 PM.
playero_loko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #16
iGoldeneye
WERA? \_(ツ)_/ #21
 
iGoldeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Bikes: 2012 Yamaha R1 Raven - '04 GSXR600 (track) - 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary (sold)
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 2,253
Oh yeah, I forgot why I posted... :

I have a similar version of those cans. The vid has the silencers in. The exhaust sound AWSOME under load, you won't be disappointed, just get what looks best to you

__________________

Thanks Uncle P!

WERA #21

View my MOD ADDICTED 2012 R1 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus40 View Post

Being a biker is not a welfare sport.
iGoldeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #17
catnao
My R1 eats me.
 
catnao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Bikes: 2012 R1
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 25
Thank you for the feedback was jus curious if anyone had tried them yet. I believe in you get what you pay and I know there are times when this is not true but more often than not you do get what you pay for. I didn't know theses where similar to the SDKs, guess thats good.
catnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #18
gsxcorey
MummyMan
 
gsxcorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Bikes: 1999 r1, 07 GSXR 1k
Location: Austin, TX y'all
Posts: 8,669
We have had good luck with these and so far everyone has been happy with them. For the price it's hard to beat and combine it with a ypipe like the M4 ypipe and it's a great combo...no doubt about it. They are a few more pounds then the higher end exhausts, but for a street bike a few pounds it's a huge deal at all.
__________________
Corey

Check us out on Facebook too.
gsxcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #19
VinHemi
I eat your R1
 
VinHemi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Bikes: 2012 WGP 50th R1 #1419 2013 CBR 1000rr Repsol
Location: Orlando
Posts: 173
Do these come with everything to install to the stock exhaust system or are they just the muffles and also U need to buy some kind of link pipe?
VinHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #20
boosten lebaron
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Bikes: 2010 R1
Location: Holland MA.
Posts: 112
does anyone have a weight vs the stock ones? I saw these last night and didnt know if i should even consider them.
boosten lebaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.