FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 240 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #4781
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!
 
Powerflux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Bikes: 2009 R1
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
Is your bike a 2012?.
If so PM me.
I'm only working on the 2012's at the moment.
It's an 09 but AFAIK, only the ign is different!
My bike is in winter storage but I'd be interested in looking at the numbers!!
__________________
Ignorance is curable, stupidity is for life!


Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #4782
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 7,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
It's an 09 but AFAIK, only the ign is different!
My bike is in winter storage but I'd be interested in looking at the numbers!!
...I am curious to see the difference also. Did you AT from a stock map or one of the 3/4 system maps?
__________________
Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #4783
chatham
R1
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
It's an 09 but AFAIK, only the ign is different!
My bike is in winter storage but I'd be interested in looking at the numbers!!
ok...
why so many !!!
are you trying to yell your knowledge at me?
mate, I only asked if your bike was a 2012?
and if so PM me and id send you a map...

as far as part numbers are concerned the 09 and 11 have different cams.. so there is for sure some subtle differences between my 12 and your 09.
FYI,
This Yamaha 14B-12170-01-00 CAMSHAFT ASSY 1 is also used on these models and components:


2011 YZF-R1 - YZFR1AB CAMSHAFT CHAIN


This Yamaha 14B-12170-00-00 CAMSHAFT ASSY 1 is also used on these models and components:


2009 YZFR1 - YZFR1YB CAMSHAFT & CHAIN
2009 YZFR1 - YZFR1YY CAMSHAFT & CHAIN
2010 YZFR1 YZFR1ZCB_W_L YZFR1 (CA) - YZFR1ZB CAMSHAFT & CHAIN

I do, and have, shared my knowledge openly.
BUT.. I do it through PM's...my choice that's all.

my maps have been created on a flashed EU ecu then auto-tuned trims accepted, added on top of the image and re run.
I then add fuel in key areas to smooth the on off throttle at 0% and 2%
as the auto-tune is not capable of tuning that area correctly.
I tune the whole map and only use TPSvsRPM
on my bike with mixed riding fuel use is avg 7ltrs per 100ks
freeway consumption avg 5lts per 100ks
no need for the 02 as far as i'm concerned.

PM me your email and you can look at the numbers of a nice generic map for most 12 owners.. tuned to 12.9 AFR..
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #4784
AHB537
R1 it's Legendary...like MOTO
 
AHB537's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Bikes: 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 50th Anniversary GP no.1350 2003 YZF-R1-track bike(sold) 2004KX250(sold) 2004 GSXR600(sold) 2000CR500(sadly sold) 2002 CBRF4i-track bike(sold) 1996 CBRF3(sold)
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,050
I just got the Flash Tune interface. Haven't had a chance to get the software yet. Gonna need help soon. You guys ROCK!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
__________________
BaLLiSTiX go get'um
AHB537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #4785
SySt
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Bikes: 2007 R1
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
ok...
why so many !!!
are you trying to yell your knowledge at me?
mate, I only asked if your bike was a 2012?
and if so PM me and id send you a map...

as far as part numbers are concerned the 09 and 11 have different cams.. so there is for sure some subtle differences between my 12 and your 09.
FYI,
This Yamaha 14B-12170-01-00 CAMSHAFT ASSY 1 is also used on these models and components:


2011 YZF-R1 - YZFR1AB CAMSHAFT CHAIN


This Yamaha 14B-12170-00-00 CAMSHAFT ASSY 1 is also used on these models and components:


2009 YZFR1 - YZFR1YB CAMSHAFT & CHAIN
2009 YZFR1 - YZFR1YY CAMSHAFT & CHAIN
2010 YZFR1 YZFR1ZCB_W_L YZFR1 (CA) - YZFR1ZB CAMSHAFT & CHAIN

I do, and have, shared my knowledge openly.
BUT.. I do it through PM's...my choice that's all.

my maps have been created on a flashed EU ecu then auto-tuned trims accepted, added on top of the image and re run.
I then add fuel in key areas to smooth the on off throttle at 0% and 2%
as the auto-tune is not capable of tuning that area correctly.
I tune the whole map and only use TPSvsRPM
on my bike with mixed riding fuel use is avg 7ltrs per 100ks
freeway consumption avg 5lts per 100ks
no need for the 02 as far as i'm concerned.

PM me your email and you can look at the numbers of a nice generic map for most 12 owners.. tuned to 12.9 AFR..
Why do you think the auto-tune won't tune the 0-2% TPS range "correctly"?

Good job clarifying that your map, although it may work great for you is still a "generic" map for anyone else using it with their bike.
SySt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #4786
chatham
R1
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by SySt View Post
Why do you think the auto-tune won't tune the 0-2% TPS range "correctly"?

Good job clarifying that your map, although it may work great for you is still a "generic" map for anyone else using it with their bike.
because after prolonged use the auto tune at low percent(2%) input suffers from the exhaust pulses of the engine creating reversion hence putting -30 and +50 numbers in your tune...
you don't notice it at first because you set to max tune of +/-20 difference... you accept trims ride all is good....you accept trims again....all is good you ride and now you have some way out of tune numbers..
First hand EXP... that is why.
the Auto tune works great.. just suffers from the pulses of our engines.

I hope I have explained myself clear... if you like i can show you a corrupted map where i had to fix some of the inputs...
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #4787
SySt
I eat my R1
 
Join Date: May 2008
Bikes: 2007 R1
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
because after prolonged use the auto tune at low percent(2%) input suffers from the exhaust pulses of the engine creating reversion hence putting -30 and +50 numbers in your tune...
you don't notice it at first because you set to max tune of +/-20 difference... you accept trims ride all is good....you accept trims again....all is good you ride and now you have some way out of tune numbers..
First hand EXP... that is why.
the Auto tune works great.. just suffers from the pulses of our engines.

I hope I have explained myself clear... if you like i can show you a corrupted map where i had to fix some of the inputs...
No need to prove it to me, I believe you. I was actually more of fishing to make sure you weren't thinking that because (due to Dynojet's install instructions) most people set their 0% PCV TPS value to correspond to warm idle speed rather than actual 0% TPS. Of course, when the PCV is set that way, you cannot tune the TPS ranger under ~2% (idle TPS).
SySt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #4788
chatham
R1
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by SySt View Post
No need to prove it to me, I believe you. I was actually more of fishing to make sure you weren't thinking that because (due to Dynojet's install instructions) most people set their 0% PCV TPS value to correspond to warm idle speed rather than actual 0% TPS. Of course, when the PCV is set that way, you cannot tune the TPS ranger under ~2% (idle TPS).
all good man,
happy for my info to be double checked..I do the same, just to make sure I'm talking to someone who knows how to use this equipment, it just makes life and communication much easier.
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #4789
Powerflux
Trackday junkie!
 
Powerflux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Bikes: 2009 R1
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
ok...
why so many !!!
are you trying to yell your knowledge at me?
mate, I only asked if your bike was a 2012?
Definately not my intention to yell
__________________
Ignorance is curable, stupidity is for life!


Flash-Tune, Tad V2-5.3.0EU, 95RON
Acrapovic Evo carbon Slip-on`s
M4 Y-pipe
K&N filter
Ohlins front springs, Spring Rate: 1.0 N/mm
Goodridge SS front brakelines
ProGrip 714 grips
SpeedoDrD
GYTR No-Cut Upper Framesliders
R&G Airfoil Lower Framesliders
HVMP Extra Heavy Bar Ends
Dark Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen
Black Shorty Levers
Graves clutch kit
CustomLed Blaster-X intergrated tail light
Greggs`s Custom flushies
Powerflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:13 AM   #4790
vcyclenut
me r1 to eats P***y
 
vcyclenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Bikes: 2012 r1 anniversary #141 2014 fz-09
Location: cape coral florida
Posts: 3,251
anyone had trouble with a high idle like 3000 rpms on 07-08.

ive flashed two in the last two weeks that have had this issue, i never mess with the force idle.

hoping yesterdays update fixed it even though it was not mentioned in it
__________________
<a href=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/vcyclenut/sigpic7024_1.gif target=_blank>http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...gpic7024_1.gif</a>
vcyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:15 AM   #4791
marider
Feel the speed attack!
 
marider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Bikes: Modded R1'09 /ex:R1'07+2xR1'03+R6'03
Location: IL, QC, PL
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
because after prolonged use the auto tune at low percent(2%) input suffers from the exhaust pulses of the engine creating reversion hence putting -30 and +50 numbers in your tune...
I agree with that, my numbers 0-2% seem fine but at 5% throttle they fluctuate from 4 to -33 in 2000-6000 rpm area. Generally my AT trims subtract fuel than add .

BTW 5-7 l/100km fuel consumption is a very good result, I'd like that one too Oh, I forgot I still have the "old" Lax map in my ECU with bias set at 75% and ETV+FI=0%.
__________________
marider
Longest distance between two curves... straight line

EU 09 R1:
full Akrapovic Evo2,F-T'd ECU,Bazzaz ZFi-TC+Z-AFM,Marchesinis,Ohlins damper+FPK108+.95 springs,q'Ohlins r.shock,
Brembo RCS/w Hel&Braking SK rotors,Graves block offs,Clutch Kit,Fabbri screen,GYTR:sliders,clutch sliders,gel seat+cowl,Gilles VCR+Variobar,Gregg's Flushmount,-1/+1 sprockets,CustomLED mod. 3/4Dyno:170.1 RWHP,77 Tq.
marider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #4792
chatham
R1
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerflux View Post
Definately not my intention to yell
cool, no worries thank you for clearing that up.
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #4793
cheong1106
I eat my R1
 
cheong1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 50th Anniversary #250
Location: Singapore
Posts: 137
Chatham
How in the world you get that fuel consumption!? Haahah im getting only 13 km/L street. At the track About 8 km/L

Hit 260 kph on front straight without speedo correction. 256 on back straight.
2:31 lap time (with traffic unfortunately & I dont overtake aggressively)

Will try to load videos.

I had the red engine light come on twice. Just came on then off. During hard braking and downshifting. Any idea?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #4794
JAGI
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
anyone had trouble with a high idle like 3000 rpms on 07-08.

ive flashed two in the last two weeks that have had this issue, i never mess with the force idle.

hoping yesterdays update fixed it even though it was not mentioned in it

Vcyclenut, have you tried my custom map for 07 08? The idle is around 1600tr/min
JAGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #4795
graphitegripper
I eat my R1
 
graphitegripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Bikes: Dark Silver 07 R1
Location: Destin, FL
Posts: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI View Post
Vcyclenut, have you tried my custom map for 07 08? The idle is around 1600tr/min
Can you share this map on my thread for the users on the 07-08 FlashTune ecu tuning thread please? Or on here and ill copy and paste the link?
Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
__________________
2007 R1, BMC filter, NGK plugs, Stock cans with A&R baffles, Mivv Y pipe, -1F/+2R sprockets, Flash Tune interface, Zero Gravity Corsa windscreen, 35w 8000k HIDs, 520 EK chain
graphitegripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #4796
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer
 
Tad158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 7,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphitegripper View Post
Can you share this map on my thread for the users on the 07-08 FlashTune ecu tuning thread please? Or on here and ill copy and paste the link?
I can link to it in the FAQ as well.
__________________
Venom Squadron
#158
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #4797
chatham
R1
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheong1106 View Post
Chatham
How in the world you get that fuel consumption!? Haahah im getting only 13 km/L street. At the track About 8 km/L

Hit 260 kph on front straight without speedo correction. 256 on back straight.
2:31 lap time (with traffic unfortunately & I dont overtake aggressively)

Will try to load videos.

I had the red engine light come on twice. Just came on then off. During hard braking and downshifting. Any idea?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey 13km/l is like 7.6 ltrs per 100 ks.. that's close to mine, of course if i give it more than just mixed riding my average goes up to 7.6-7.8 but still in the 7's with mixd....hard riding, different story it uses in the 8's .

the red engine oil lite is a level sensor not a pressure sensor, even it the owners manual it states under hard riding you may see it come on.

check your oil level and see if you can top it up just a small ammount.
chatham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #4798
vcyclenut
me r1 to eats P***y
 
vcyclenut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Bikes: 2012 r1 anniversary #141 2014 fz-09
Location: cape coral florida
Posts: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI View Post
Vcyclenut, have you tried my custom map for 07 08? The idle is around 1600tr/min
no i have not, it seems the last update fixed the idle problem
__________________
<a href=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/vcyclenut/sigpic7024_1.gif target=_blank>http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...gpic7024_1.gif</a>
vcyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:54 AM   #4799
cheong1106
I eat my R1
 
cheong1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 50th Anniversary #250
Location: Singapore
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post
Hey 13km/l is like 7.6 ltrs per 100 ks.. that's close to mine, of course if i give it more than just mixed riding my average goes up to 7.6-7.8 but still in the 7's with mixd....hard riding, different story it uses in the 8's .

the red engine oil lite is a level sensor not a pressure sensor, even it the owners manual it states under hard riding you may see it come on.

check your oil level and see if you can top it up just a small ammount.
Tks. I suspected as well. Will cx that. Tks. Will send you the info over next 2 days. Bike is being towed back from Sepang

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #4800
cheong1106
I eat my R1
 
cheong1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes: 2012 R1 50th Anniversary #250
Location: Singapore
Posts: 137
Alright. My 2 laps of 2:31s at Sepang.

Http://youtu.be/gQoQCFaFtP0



Sent from my GT-N7105 using Motorcycle.com Free App
cheong1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ecuunleashed 0r flashtune vtwin Appearance & Mods 61 11-16-2014 07:37 PM
Flashtune ECU Dyno Results sirjag Appearance & Mods 183 03-30-2014 05:08 PM
Flashtune reflash 07-08 R1 bwash85 Appearance & Mods 171 06-22-2012 07:48 AM
flashtune VS ecuunleashed vtwin Mechanical / Help 3 03-17-2012 12:50 AM
Yec Cable Interface BERNY Bikes/Parts Wanted 0 03-19-2010 12:58 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Forum Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum Kawasaki Ninja 250SL Forum
R1-Forum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on R1-Forum.com is generated by its users and R1-Forum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.