My Flashtune Experience - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 11-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #21
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desire68 View Post
Mine is being done as we speak and Nels is the goto guy with great communications. As for the results, we'll see when i get it back and fit it!
Mike
great to hear it Mike,...

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,
bacchus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #22
DragMyR1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 ZX10 *SOLD* 2001 GSXR 1000 *SOLD* 2006 R1 RAVEN EDITION *SOLD* 2003 YAMAHA R1 *SOLD* CURRENT 2008 YAMAHA R1
flashtune is an upcoming company.......every thing wont work perfect!! im sure they are very overloaded with order and customers and repairs and ecu flashes and there personal lives. i mean, they are providing the best mod you can own for your bike, its not like there making mirrors and tail lights for your bike, they are making a very demanding product. not every one is going to have a good experience with them,.but for that 1 person with bad experience, there are 100 with good experiences... theres a bad apple in every bunch.
08' R1/PC3/M4 CF EXHAUST/McCoys Clutch Saver Mod/MP Revolver Quick Throttle/CF TANK COWL/ 14 OVER EVIL SWING ARM/ PRO-TECH REAR SETS/PRO-BOLTS BITS/ZERO GRAVITY LATIGO SEAT/FLASH-TUNE ECUINTERFACE/HOT BODIES FLUSH MOUNTS/SCOTTS ROTARY DAMPER/SOUPYSPERFORMANCE ADJ. LINK/BMC RACE FILTER/BALLISTIC 12 CELL EVO 2 BATTERY/VORTEX CLIPS ON'S FUEL CAP SPROCKS/DDM DUAL HID's/Tsubaki 530 Sigma O-Ring Chain

LIVE FAST
DragMyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #23
GAZMTK
all im hearing is LETS GO!

Bikes: 2006 R1 Raven, 2005 R1, 2004 R1 with 2007 running gear, 2x 2007 R1's
Quote:
Originally Posted by donphantasmo View Post
I have to say, man... I am stunned. I have a Power commander and ignition control module, which made my bike a little more powerful.
I got Graphitegripper to flash-tune my bike (08 R1), and the difference is unreal. It's pretty scary right now. I hate to say it, your problem is lack of know-how, with a little bit of poor communication to the manufacturer..
I think you should have gotten some help from the forum. There are a lot of people here with a lot of know how, and people can pretty much walk you step by step. I can also tell you that flash tune take forever to communicate back to you. If you need help, call, don't e-mail.

Hope it works out for you. I would keep the flash tune and get some help from this forum. I'm telling you, Flash-tune woke my bike up like a jalapeno enema..
Hey you might want to check the flashtune thread, I did ask for help, I got responses, none of which helped, I also went through the entire thread looking for a missing piece of the puzzle
Time zone difference and work make it unrealistic for me to call, so I emailed, there should be NO difference between Email or phone, Email they should be able to provide a very detailed response.

P.S. If flashtune honestly made that much difference to your bike then there was something wrong with it prior.
GAZMTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #24
graphitegripper
I eat my R1

Bikes: Dark Silver 07 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZMTK View Post
Hey you might want to check the flashtune thread, I did ask for help, I got responses, none of which helped, I also went through the entire thread looking for a missing piece of the puzzle
Time zone difference and work make it unrealistic for me to call, so I emailed, there should be NO difference between Email or phone, Email they should be able to provide a very detailed response.

P.S. If flashtune honestly made that much difference to your bike then there was something wrong with it prior.
Highly disagree yes it MAY yield 5-6 whp gains but the rideability and freeing up of the restrictions on the 07-08 models is key! Disable Exup, adjust velocity stacks to open at certain rpm, add fuel and ignition per cylinder per gear, make a custom smooth idle, get rid of the gawd awful engine braking, import power commander maps without having to buy a 300$ power commander, +ignition module, plus auto tune (both are nice for making your own fuel map) but aren't Required. I have had my bike since march, put over 5000 miles on it, and the FlashTune has by far been my best investment. Sorry for the bad experience but I've done a couple other bikes on here and only got good feedback, no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 11-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #25
DragMyR1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2010 ZX10 *SOLD* 2001 GSXR 1000 *SOLD* 2006 R1 RAVEN EDITION *SOLD* 2003 YAMAHA R1 *SOLD* CURRENT 2008 YAMAHA R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAZMTK View Post

on the ps part, if something was wrong with the bike prior to flashing, how would flash tune , how can i say??make it better?
08' R1/PC3/M4 CF EXHAUST/McCoys Clutch Saver Mod/MP Revolver Quick Throttle/CF TANK COWL/ 14 OVER EVIL SWING ARM/ PRO-TECH REAR SETS/PRO-BOLTS BITS/ZERO GRAVITY LATIGO SEAT/FLASH-TUNE ECUINTERFACE/HOT BODIES FLUSH MOUNTS/SCOTTS ROTARY DAMPER/SOUPYSPERFORMANCE ADJ. LINK/BMC RACE FILTER/BALLISTIC 12 CELL EVO 2 BATTERY/VORTEX CLIPS ON'S FUEL CAP SPROCKS/DDM DUAL HID's/Tsubaki 530 Sigma O-Ring Chain

LIVE FAST
DragMyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #26
Lex2go
Never be afraid to slow down!

Bikes: '07 R1 & '13 1199S
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragMyR1 View Post
flashtune is an upcoming company.......every thing wont work perfect!! im sure they are very overloaded with order and customers and repairs and ecu flashes and there personal lives. i mean, they are providing the best mod you can own for your bike, its not like there making mirrors and tail lights for your bike, they are making a very demanding product. not every one is going to have a good experience with them,.but for that 1 person with bad experience, there are 100 with good experiences... theres a bad apple in every bunch.
I disagreed with the reason "its a new company, give them a break" excuse. Don't get me wrong, I luv the products they sell. I have brought both the 09+ R1 and 07-08 R1 interfaces. But after numerous returns of the 07-08 R1 interface, which is the same for the 06+ R6, they should pull the product and make sure what they are NOT sending out defective products in the first place. And then not to even respond to customer's email and phone message.
Lex2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #27
UDLOSE
My R1 eats me.

I've had the same problem with mine, bought it a couple of months ago, I get the same error 002 code. I've tried everything, read all the forum posts, tried different laptops windows versions, triple checked the voltage on the battery etc. Ran all the windows updates etc. I emailed flash tune and they're totally useless as others have said, they said to post it back and they'll check it but the problem is that'll cost me potentially 80-100 (from australia) and what's the guarantee that I'll ever hear from them again, my last email was pretty much saying exactly that and I got no response. What if there isn't a problem with it, then do i have to pay shipping again to have it sent back to me?

After reading these horror stories it sounds like they don't actually test the devices so maybe there's a good chance it's actually faulty. I did see someone before say it's an easy fix to fix the wiring, but the problem is if I get a local guy to open the box up and play around with it then I got no chance with flash tune if I still have to send it back and they see it's been tampered with. Does anyone have anymore info on whats involved in fixing the wiring?

I'm desperate to flash my R1, it f**king sucks in standard form!! I saved up to buy the device and now it's been months and I can't use it. It's probably easier to sell the R1 than to try to deal with these people.
UDLOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement