Forum Gun Fiends v2.0 - Page 188 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #3741
MaRce1o
Track time :flex:

Bikes: Red RN19, SV650(sold), 07 GSXR600, XR50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
I drown my sorrows at the gun shop after I got done with my service calls. Bought the wife her Christmas present.
I got Kristen the MP15-22 pink camo for christmas, going to pick it up later today

sorry to hear about the gun incident

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

CCS AM #171
Sponsored by:
-J&G Performance 781-871-1404
-DanQ Suspensions
-Dunlop
-Vortex
-Race Tech Suspensions
-Fast Life Cycles
-Twizz Designs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #3742
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
Anyone ever used this brand of sling or this type for a bolt action rifle?
http://www.timberbutteoutdoors.com/theoutlawsling.html

I bought a new Ruger American .308 and want a good carry sling for it. I like the idea of it not sliding off of my shoulder and hitting the ground after a I put a good scope on it.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
Old 12-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #3743
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
Anyone ever used this brand of sling or this type for a bolt action rifle?
http://www.timberbutteoutdoors.com/theoutlawsling.html

I bought a new Ruger American .308 and want a good carry sling for it. I like the idea of it not sliding off of my shoulder and hitting the ground after a I put a good scope on it.
That looks pretty cool. Nice Rifle BTW, I really like those rifles. I haven't heard how well they shoot yet but I like the features.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #3744
MANOWAR

Quote:
That looks pretty cool. Nice Rifle BTW, I really like those rifles. I haven't heard how well they shoot yet but I like the features.
I'm waiting to shoot it when the wife leaves town next week. She doesn't know I bought it.
I've heard nothing but great reviews from everyone about how well it shoots. For 300 bucks they say it shoots like a 700 rifle. The guy at the store says a customer bought one and came back the same day bragging about getting a 1 inch group his first time out with federal gold match. I like how light it is, the bolt clears the scope no problem and sling mounts are included. I love where the safety is also.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #3745
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 08 Raven R1, 97 F3, 94 VMax, 65 CA95, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
I'm waiting to shoot it when the wife leaves town next week. She doesn't know I bought it.
I've heard nothing but great reviews from everyone about how well it shoots. For 300 bucks they say it shoots like a 700 rifle. The guy at the store says a customer bought one and came back the same day bragging about getting a 1 inch group his first time out with federal gold match. I like how light it is, the bolt clears the scope no problem and sling mounts are included. I love where the safety is also.
It's nice to have a little trail gun. Got the Savage Axis this spring, great little gun as well. I'm really happy with how Ruger has progressed since the old man died. They have done some great products since.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #3746
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Bikes: Want a new bike
Bought a condor 2 to 1 sling and a 2 pouch double stack for 35 at the show and a buddy and I split 500 rounds for 42 cents a piece on new brass .little higher than I wanted but dumbasses were paying past 50 cents a round at some booths for reloads I'm pretty sure.

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
Old 12-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #3747
fjorn
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?

Bikes: '07 R1 (track only)
Quote:
It's nice to have a little trail gun. Got the Savage Axis this spring, great little gun as well. I'm really happy with how Ruger has progressed since the old man died. They have done some great products since.
Coworker of mine bought the Axis in .308Win (he's a lefty) and has been giving it rave reviews. Says he's impressed with it out to 500yds so far. May have to look into one instead of the Rem700.
    • Gawarrior - June 25, 2008
    • bandrews - October 9, 2011
Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #3748
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
Coworker of mine bought the Axis in .308Win (he's a lefty) and has been giving it rave reviews. Says he's impressed with it out to 500yds so far. May have to look into one instead of the Rem700.
Looking at the axis too, not bad for 3 bills

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
Old 12-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #3749
MANOWAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Looking at the axis too, not bad for 3 bills

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool
I looked at that also. I liked both guns. They are almost identical in specs. What pushed me to the Ruger over the Savage was the detachable magazines for the Savage seems less durable and more likely to break. They both have plastic catches but the Ruger's is designed differently and seems better made. It's slightly lighter also.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #3750
WarMachine

Quote:
I looked at that also. I liked both guns. They are almost identical in specs. What pushed me to the Ruger over the Savage was the detachable magazines for the Savage seems less durable and more likely to break. They both have plastic catches but the Ruger's is designed differently and seems better made. It's slightly lighter also.
That's good info i'll check that out.

Oh BTW

Yes my trunk has junk in it, i'll get to it tomorrow

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

Old 12-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #3751
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Dang that's a nice one.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #3752
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Dang that's a nice one .

Old 12-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #3753
hawk71
Viva La Figa

Bikes: 03 Liquid Silver
Quote:
That's good info i'll check that out.

Oh BTW

Yes my trunk has junk in it, i'll get to it tomorrow
Nice!! Open that shizz up!!

I was also like...."Damn. That trunk!"

"No. You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life."~Marco Simoncelli

R1-016 `Venom` Squadron

NESBA #71
Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #3754
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
It's a bit clunky, but for 200 used I couldn't pass it up. Got 100 rounds of match ammo with it and it came with bases installed.

Quote:
The Ruger D-mag setup is hands down better. A light 308 is painful if you plan to use it a bunch, that's why I went with 223 in the axis. That and the model I got is threaded so I put a Gemtech BiLock birdcage on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
Dang that's a nice one .
You can say that again, oh wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk71 View Post
Nice!! Open that shizz up!!

I was also like...."Damn. That trunk!"

I can't see.......
Old 12-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #3755
WarMachine

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #3756
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Noice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LWRCI sexiness! Congrats big man! Welcome to the club!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #3757
WarMachine

Quote:
Noice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LWRCI sexiness! Congrats big man! Welcome to the club!

Just threw the comp m2 up there in excitement. Gonna clean it up and get to the range tomorrow hoprefully

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #3758
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmachine View Post

just threw the comp m2 up there in excitement. Gonna clean it up and get to the range tomorrow hoprefully
6.8?
Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #3759
WarMachine

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #3760
Stonewall
ROWDY

Bikes: 2009 Yamaha R1
Quote:

Just threw the comp m2 up there in excitement. Gonna clean it up and get to the range tomorrow hoprefully
DATS SWEET!
Advertisement

Closed Thread