For the Forum gun fiends! - Page 464 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 12-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #9261
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoman48 View Post
Hey Meister, I'm definetly with you on the XDs. I held one for the first time this weekend, and it's a vast improvement over the (IMO) glock-clone XD's. That XDs in the .45 seems like a perfect carry gun, I don't think it'd print at all. Do they still sell them coming with the extra mag holsters and all?

I also held a Sig P250, which was similarly priced, but I feel like the XDs has a lot more to offer. What do you think?

Oh and I'm definetly scrapping my gun shop as soon as I get my money outta there, bunch of pretentious a**holes. They always treat you like their doing you a favor when you go in. I have two new favorite shops in my area now
I'm with you on the 250. it would hold it's value a little better, but the XDs seems to edge it in concealment factor. The only complaint on the XDs is the fact that you cannot easily clear a live round. The stroke is so short that it will not eject a loaded round unless it's a short bullet like an 185g tcmc. I'm not sure what it comes with. We have a custom kydex guy who makes some slick holsters.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #9262
MaRce1o
Track time :flex:

Bikes: Red RN19, SV650(sold), 07 GSXR600, XR50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Been wanting one of those for a while. Accurate little buggers.

Sent from my Rooted S3 fool
Yeah i really want to fire it myself to be honest

CCS AM #171

2014 NE Middleweight SuperSport Champion

Sponsored by:
-J&G Performance 781-871-1404
-DanQ Suspensions
-Dunlop
-Vortex
-Race Tech Suspensions
-Fast Life Cycles
-Twizz Designs

What's the right tire for YOUR bike?
MaRce1o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #9263
snoman48
odwit

Bikes: 2007 R1, 2008 R6
it also seems they did away with the striker indicator, not that that's a huge deal for me. It retains the round-in-chamber indicator though. While I'd much prefer to have a physical hammer with decocker (see: HK USP45C :fap, it's just not in my price range right now. Buying a damn house is bleeding me of all my moneys

You haven't had a chance to fire the XDs yet have you? And War, that's exactly why I'm leaning towards the XDs, the P250 will print a whole lot more being that it's a pretty solid mid-frame gun. Meister, I may take you up on your Kydex guy if I bring it home
snoman48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #9264
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
it also seems they did away with the striker indicator, not that that's a huge deal for me. It retains the round-in-chamber indicator though. While I'd much prefer to have a physical hammer with decocker (see: HK USP45C :fap, it's just not in my price range right now. Buying a damn house is bleeding me of all my moneys

You haven't had a chance to fire the XDs yet have you? And War, that's exactly why I'm leaning towards the XDs, the P250 will print a whole lot more being that it's a pretty solid mid-frame gun. Meister, I may take you up on your Kydex guy if I bring it home
I'm a big boy so it didn't print on me, neither does the P220 I carry now. When I get the XDs it will be for weight savings add the fact that it's better balanced than the regular xd models. The xdsc i had was top heavy.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #9265
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:

He made a IWB all kydex holster for one of the guys at the shop. Belt retention hook and all.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #9266
snoman48
odwit

definetly agree with you, the original XD's always felt real damn top heavy to me, even loaded.

I think this new XDs, in the .45 is 5+1? Hence why I'm already poking around for mag holsters lol.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #9267
WarMachine

$10.92 Pmags
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGMPI571BLK

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #9268
snoman48
odwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
He made a IWB all kydex holster for one of the guys at the shop. Belt retention hook and all.
any pics?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #9269
WarMachine

Quote:
I'd like to see pics if you have/can get any.

Quote:
definetly agree with you, the original XD's always felt real damn top heavy to me, even loaded.

I think this new XDs, in the .45 is 5+1? Hence why I'm already poking around for mag holsters lol.
Yup 5+1 and 7 rd extended mags available as well

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #9270
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:

Most engagements are settled within the first 3 shots. My only holdup on the XDs is the fact that I already have a deep conceal weapon and the next step up is 10+1 of 10mm. The glock 29 is heavier and slightly larger, but requires no holster, so it's manageable.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #9271
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
any pics?
I'll head by this week and see what I can do. Maybe Hoouch has some up as well.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #9272
WarMachine

Here is a starting point for mag carriers snoman. Good quality just takes a while
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Tu...me,ProductName

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #9273
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

It would look something like this, just smaller.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #9274
snoman48
odwit

I read alot of great stuff about those crossbreed supertucks; pretty sure that'll be what I go with. I'd also probably go straight for the 7 round mags, just to extend the grip a bit.

Meister, I fully understand about engagements, however I want larger mags for target shooting mostly and the extended grip. Less time reloading, more time shooting :hammer

Edit: 10+1 is the biggest I can go with any firearm in my commie-liberal loving state. I'd much rather have the ability to carry a fully auto glock with a drum mag, even if it means concealing it in a duffel bag
Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #9275
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
I read alot of great stuff about those crossbreed supertucks; pretty sure that'll be what I go with. I'd also probably go straight for the 7 round mags, just to extend the grip a bit.

Meister, I fully understand about engagements, however I want larger mags for target shooting mostly and the extended grip. Less time reloading, more time shooting :hammer
The XDs will be NO fun to shoot unless you're into pain. It's gonna be snappy.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #9276
snoman48
odwit

Quote:
meh, that's just the downside of polymer frames. I have no problem dealing with that. Much prefer it to the M9 I used to carry lol.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #9277
WarMachine

Quote:
Not gonna be a good range gun, strictly carry duty

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO

Old 12-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #9278
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
meh, that's just the downside of polymer frames. I have no problem dealing with that. Much prefer it to the M9 I used to carry lol.
I prefer the knockoff taurus to the M9. I hate the high safety. I can tell you that you will be wide awake after the first shot. I've had some brutal hand cannons over the years. I only carried them and shot 20 rounds at least once a year to keep my confidence in them.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #9279
snoman48
odwit

Quote:
I prefer the knockoff taurus to the M9. I hate the high safety. I can tell you that you will be wide awake after the first shot. I've had some brutal hand cannons over the years. I only carried them and shot 20 rounds at least once a year to keep my confidence in them.
The M9 was issued, not bought. Didn't have much of a say in the matter. only wish I was still in so I could get one of the new Colt 1911's my guys are getting. Lucky bastids

I'll deal with the kick, gotta be proficient with it. Can't be any worse then the S&W 500 I shoot when I feel like spending $2.50 a round
Old 12-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #9280
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Not gonna be a good range gun, strictly carry duty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aHXv1_DL-w

That grip isn't doing him any favors. his weak hand is gapped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement