Kansas City Chiefs Football Player Murder/Suicide - Page 3 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #41
cataclyzm123
I have a big attitude!

Bikes: 2013 R1
A woman walks in the door and sees her husband holding a gun to his head. She laughs and says “You don’t have the balls to pull the trigger.”

He said “Go ahead and laugh. You’re next!”

Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #42
KMac
SuperModerateur

Bikes: 1980 Huffy Santa Fe
I laughed at the headlines all weekend that said "NFL Player kills self, girlfirend". The ol' polish suicide-murder plan.

And for the record, I'm not making light of the actual events, only the idiocy of the media to trip all over themselves to sensationalize it, so save me the feigned indignancy and grandstanding posts to chastise me.........I'm only going to delete them.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #43
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
I laughed at the headlines all weekend that said "NFL Player kills self, girlfirend". The ol' polish suicide-murder plan.

And for the record, I'm not making light of the actual events, only the idiocy of the media to trip all over themselves to sensationalize it, so save me the feigned indignancy and grandstanding posts to chastise me.........I'm only going to delete them.

Consider yourself chastised, carry on

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #44
lobsterhound

Bikes: 03 600rr, 02 r1

Sig pic courtesy of Uncle Petrol "Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." -G. Washington
lobsterhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #45
Judah Ben-Hur
Oh yeah!

Bikes: '72 Honda Z50, '03 Warrior, '09 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterhound View Post
I wonder how many tweets the little twit has received since that little rant. I was just watching the ESPN show "Pardon the Interruption" awhile ago and that black guy was praising Costas's remarks. I like the guy even less than before.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #46
Rex1585
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2000 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck3631 View Post
I dont give a shit whats hes going through he killed someone. Temporary insanity is a bunch of bullshit. If he wanted to take his life fine. Theres no need to take hers to and leave a young orphan. If i want to say hes a coward for what he did thats my opinion. Dont be so dense.
I never said there was a need to take another persons life or that it was acceptable. While it's a movie, a decent showing of temporary insanity.

Many psychologists link the aggressive nature of PTSD to a form of temporary insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck3631 View Post
You are a F*cking dumbass. I really dont want to understand a man that shoots a mother of a young child.

Calling people names and throwing insults around, yet I am the one who is dense? I didn't say that I understand him, or his actions either. Just saying that there are things that we can learn to help aid in prevention of this from happening again. The gun argument is a cheap cop-out, we all know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Trying to bring scientific reasoning so you can possibly prevent another atrocity like this, is like trying to enact a nation wide gun ban for a mass shooting perpetrated by 1 person. You can't predict an irrational act, but go ahead and give it a shot. Let us know how that works out
You are exactly right. We cannot predict anything. What we can do is look for things that MAY be indicative of signs that put people at an increased risk for a heinous action such as this. Increase knowledge of something that puts anything at risk is useful information. Run an engine without oil, it will lock-up pretty quick. We know this from the cause and effect relationship with oil and metal on metal contact. Perhaps there was *something* that was a symbol that this was going to happen.

I am simply saying that labeling a person as anything, for any reason what-so-ever, does nothing for any of us, especially considering that none of us here know hardly anything about him. Was there a sign that may have been indicative of something heinous was going to happen? Possibly. Will we ever know? Maybe so, maybe not. However, simply labeling someone as anything is a hasty generalization that creates division in all of us. A simple example of hasty generalization, racism. That hasty generalization has gotten us no where. Just like this hasty generalization will do the same.
Rex1585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #47
InfinitiR1
I eat my R1

Uh. oh. oh. Anyone else see what i see?

R1 freshmen class if 2012.
InfinitiR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #48
Rex1585

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitiR1 View Post
Uh. oh. oh. Anyone else see what i see?

R1 freshmen class if 2012.
Because I refuse to just be led by the one thought process mind and would like to attempt to help someone else who MAY be in a somewhat similar position as Belcher was? Sorry for going against the grain and trying to make this world a better place as opposed to just brushing everything under the cover, point, and saying "coward". The point of all of this is to LEARN from what happened, to help others that could benefit from it.

Let's say he is just a coward. Little girl will one day find out her dad was just that a coward. Pretty sad way to end up learning what you came from.

Let's say for the sake of conversation that he snapped and lost control, and during his last few minutes of his life, that he came to the conclusion that living wasn't what was best for anyone, and that suicide was the best option overall. This side of the story at least gives *some* level of dignity for the little girl and who she was a part of.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #49
KMac
SuperModerateur

Character flaw. End of story. No more need to research it.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #50
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Bikes: 94 VMax, CRF80F, CRF70F, Cannondale F7, your mom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex1585 View Post
Because I refuse to just be led by the one thought process mind and would like to attempt to help someone else who MAY be in a somewhat similar position as Belcher was? Sorry for going against the grain and trying to make this world a better place as opposed to just brushing everything under the cover, point, and saying "coward". The point of all of this is to LEARN from what happened, to help others that could benefit from it.

Let's say he is just a coward. Little girl will one day find out her dad was just that a coward. Pretty sad way to end up learning what you came from.

Let's say for the sake of conversation that he snapped and lost control, and during his last few minutes of his life, that he came to the conclusion that living wasn't what was best for anyone, and that suicide was the best option overall. This side of the story at least gives *some* level of dignity for the little girl and who she was a part of.
Refusing reality seems to be your go to argument. Good luck with that.
Meister37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:19 AM   #51
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Bikes: Want a new bike
November , This years October.

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #52
Rex1585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister37 View Post
Refusing reality seems to be your go to argument. Good luck with that.
So you simply just let this just be summed up with the guy was a pile? Nothing can be learned from it? No single person may be able to be helped with what happened? What justice would that do anyone?

You speak of reality like you know exactly what happened. Where you there? Did you do the investigation? How do you know what is real and what isn't in this case?

I am not under any circumstances saying he wasn't a good or bad person. I am saying that jumping to conclusions that so many people have, doesn't help anyone.

I was asked to find pre cogs. I gave identifiers that have been linked in other cases to allow for these outburst of rage and anger to turn violent.

Edmund Burke made the comment "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Just writing this off that he was a pos and a coward, without trying to find the cause of what made him snap, does only one thing. Labels a person. Is that label due, probably. But simply labeling, without trying to figure out a causative factor doesn't help anyone.

Sent from my MB886 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #53
Rex1585

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...7p4tJb2PLeaITP

Interesting to find this.

History of problems with women, aggressive past, along with reports of increased substance abuse in the last few weeks are all coming to light.

Things to learn from this as a whole?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #54
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:
So you simply just let this just be summed up with the guy was a pile? Nothing can be learned from it? No single person may be able to be helped with what happened? What justice would that do anyone?

You speak of reality like you know exactly what happened. Where you there? Did you do the investigation? How do you know what is real and what isn't in this case?

I am not under any circumstances saying he wasn't a good or bad person. I am saying that jumping to conclusions that so many people have, doesn't help anyone.

I was asked to find pre cogs. I gave identifiers that have been linked in other cases to allow for these outburst of rage and anger to turn violent.

Edmund Burke made the comment "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing".

Just writing this off that he was a pos and a coward, without trying to find the cause of what made him snap, does only one thing. Labels a person. Is that label due, probably. But simply labeling, without trying to figure out a causative factor doesn't help anyone.

You might go ahead and apply the very same argument to your own posts.

Edmund Burke was an English poet and Philosopher. He's a tried and true liberal bastion who chose to ignore reality as well and instead developed a government based upon colonialism and oppression. You may want to research things before you post them and prove my point for me.

As has been reported, the person who took another innocent persons life, then his own in a fit of rage was previously counseled by the team therapist. Help was freely given to the couple. The therapist, a professional in the field, didn't report his behavior to authorities so evidently your outsiders view is moot. So it your "triggers research". Once again you reject the reality of the situation in your attempt to grasp at something that doesn't exist.

Everything you post is opinion, not fact. It can't be proven, nor will it ever be. Trying to impose your opinion as factual is just reckless.

Fact: Normal people don't go around killing the people they supposedly love, then blow their brains out in front of other people like it's a reality show.

Fallacy: We must not assume he was crazy, to do so would be an affront to civilized society. The public is responsible for his actions due to his upbringing or societal influences.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #55
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Quote:

History of problems with women, aggressive past, along with reports of increased substance abuse in the last few weeks are all coming to light.

AKA, pos. Congrats, you've made our point entirely.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #56
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Quote:

Chiefs officials knew about the couple’s ongoing beefs and provided counseling.

Things for you to learn. Counseling doesn't always help, if someone is hell bent on murder nothing will stop them

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]

Last edited by WarMachine; 12-04-2012 at 08:42 AM.
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #57
cataclyzm123
I have a big attitude!

Bikes: 2013 R1
Quote:

Bottom line: He is a turd. he has a history of anger problems. Security had to be called when he was yelling at a woman for not being clear about when she was going to call him. He put his fist through a window in anger.

There is nothing special about him.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #58
KMac
SuperModerateur

Quote:

Let's let the experts figure out the causes. I'm not sure the r1-forum at large is going to provide any valuable assistance to them. I don't see the public being in any danger, other that what already exists, because somebody here thinks the guy is a coward and is gonna write him off. The "experts" record of taking years and years to progress anywhere certainly trumps the tone of your posts that suggest there is some kind of emergent problem that this case is going to be vital to solving. IF, and when the experts conclude something then maybe some people will have to admit they were wrong, but I don't see conclusive proof of anything ever happening, other than a guy with a history of issues let his emotions get the better of him and he whacked her, then himself. If you feel the need to feel sorry for the guy, or somehow give him a pass on what he's done because "something else" must have driven him to do it, then just do it. No need to admonish everybody you come across for NOT finding that excuse for you.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #59
Meister37
The Lead Farmer

Updated, 20th century Burke quote:

Quote:
"Remember: Evil exists because good men don't kill the government officials committing it." -- Kurt Hofmann.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #60
Rex1585

Quote:
You might go ahead and apply the very same argument to your own posts.
Because I was not going to simply judge a person without relevant information? I was asking questions, and not simply discrediting sound discussion. Simply making the claim that the guy was a POS, without providing any further information is simply judgemental, and not sound discussion.

Quote:
Edmund Burke was an English poet and Philosopher. He's a tried and true liberal bastion who chose to ignore reality as well and instead developed a government based upon colonialism and oppression. You may want to research things before you post them and prove my point for me.
As well as who? I wasn't ignoring reality. I acknowledged that he murdered his gf. I was trying to figure out what some of the causes that led to that happening, so that something may be learned from this to help avoid a similar situation for other families.

Quote:
As has been reported, the person who took another innocent persons life, then his own in a fit of rage was previously counseled by the team therapist. Help was freely given to the couple. The therapist, a professional in the field, didn't report his behavior to authorities so evidently your outsiders view is moot. So it your "triggers research". Once again you reject the reality of the situation in your attempt to grasp at something that doesn't exist.
The triggers research isn't moot. He was having an increase of substance abuse, as well as on prescription meds. Violent history + substance + prescription meds + history of problems with women = time bomb. Did the support group around the family fail? Only if they did not try. If they did try, as it appears that many around them did, it ultimately supports the truth and the reality of the situation. That he was not as good of a person as people originally claimed.

Quote:
Everything you post is opinion, not fact. It can't be proven, nor will it ever be. Trying to impose your opinion as factual is just reckless.
When did I push my opinion as fact?

Quote:
Fact: Normal people don't go around killing the people they supposedly love, then blow their brains out in front of other people like it's a reality show.
Completely agree here

Quote:
Fallacy: We must not assume he was crazy, to do so would be an affront to civilized society. The public is responsible for his actions due to his upbringing or societal influences.
I never said that society was the cause for this action. I said to NOT investigate the situation does no justice to the mom of the little girl, the daughter, the family, or the rest of us.

Quote:
AKA, pos. Congrats, you've made our point entirely.
Which is why I posted it. I am not avoiding the truth that he was screwed up, murdered one person, committing suicide (avoiding dealing with the rest of the world and the consequences), left his daughter as an orphan, and drug as many people as he could into it all by going to the practice facility and talking with Crennel and Pioli.

I simply wanted to avoid jumping to any conclusion until the evidence to support the claim was available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement