FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface - Page 242 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #4821
Storm Trooper
My R1 Makes me Horny!

Bikes: 07 Sold, Beautiful New, Blue 2010 R1
Can someone tell me why my FT may not be working? I was at the track on Friday and tryed more than several times to flash the ECU with no success. It kept giving me a connecting error and I did have the computer (charging) plugged in.

Also is there any new Latest/ Greatest map for a 2010 +/- with a full Akra, filter and Bazzaz that anyone has posted?

UNBELIVABLE SIG WORK COURTESY OF PETROL_SPICE!

"People will ALWAYS be MORE impressed with the Power of our Example,
then the Example of our Power!
"
- Bill Clinton 08/27/08

Kickin Track Videos:
PBIR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gWBFjaXx4Pc

Homestead 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfRS8EErMlU
2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6S0Q3-rP5g
Storm Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #4822
Tad158
Astronomer not Astrologer

Bikes: 09 R1, 78 CB750K8
Were you sure that you had a good 12V supply hooked up? That is the only time i get flashing errors...ie I forget to plug in the 12 power brick....

Also, does it work at home. If you were powering it off a generator, it could not be supplying it with a clean enough AC signal to generate the 12V DC (if you were using a wall mount power supply)...
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Tad158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #4823
Storm Trooper
My R1 Makes me Horny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad158 View Post
Were you sure that you had a good 12V supply hooked up? That is the only time i get flashing errors...ie I forget to plug in the 12 power brick....

Also, does it work at home. If you were powering it off a generator, it could not be supplying it with a clean enough AC signal to generate the 12V DC (if you were using a wall mount power supply)...
Yup, I checked it several times. I haven't tryed it from home since nor in quite a while but I will this week.

"
- Bill Clinton 08/27/08

Kickin Track Videos:

Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #4824
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1Actual View Post
This POS won't flash my ECU anymore. I updated to the newest version and it will get to 100% of the ETV flash but fails to connect when it attempts to write the FI side. Anyone else experience this?

Update: I tried flashing it with their new "flash etv only" "flash fi only" and it worked. Go figure.

Storm have you had this error? Did it error right away? Or did id behave like above?
2009 Raven R1
Mods: Custom Fender Eliminator, Custom Rear Reservoir Bracket, Custom Clutch Sliders, Spiegler Rennsport SS Front/Rear Brake Lines, Driven Clip-ons, Spider Peak Grips, Zero Gravity Light Smoke Double Bubble Windscreen, M4 Y-Pipe, Vance and Hines CS One cans, Shogun No-Cut Sliders, F-T custom image with Bazzaz QS sensor, Ferodo ST HH Front Pads, RaceDAC Data Logger, RaceTech Springs, F1Composites track bodywork.
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #4825
Storm Trooper
My R1 Makes me Horny!

Quote:
Storm have you had this error? Did it error right away? Or did id behave like above?
Probably like above but not sure about everything he's talking about. I got through all the set up but when it came down to the actual flash it wouldn't connect. It showed several attempts to connect then said to disconnect the ECU and try it again. I did this 6 - 8 times with the same results.

"
- Bill Clinton 08/27/08

Kickin Track Videos:

Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #4826
Tad158

Ok, that is usually what happens to me if I forget to connect the 12V. I would try at home, and if it still fails, call F-T. It should work.
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #4827
Storm Trooper
My R1 Makes me Horny!

Quote:
Ok, that is usually what happens to me if I forget to connect the 12V. I would try at home, and if it still fails, call F-T. It should work.
What is "flash etv only" "flash fi only?

"
- Bill Clinton 08/27/08

Kickin Track Videos:

Old 12-05-2012, 03:03 AM   #4828
duggliotto
loud pipes save lives

Bikes: 2012 White R1
Hey guys. I've been a member for a while now, but I haven't modded much till now, so I haven't bothered posted anything. I've been reading quite a few threads over the last few weeks, and this one is of particular interest. I just put an MJS Y-Pipe on, and purchased some Two Bros Slipons. I've read as much as I can handle of this thread, but still have a few questions:

1) Can you use Flash-Tune to load the standard maps back on (if i decide to sell the bike)?

2) Does Flash-Tune let you modify each of the three (A, STD & B) YCC-t maps separately?

3) Has anyone's had a successful dyno tune where they haven't blocked off the smog system (temporarily or permanently)? From what I understand it pumps fresh air into the exhaust to cheaply clean up emissions. Therefore it would confuse the dyno tuners sniffer (oxygen sensor).

4) If there's a way to make the traction control default to 'off'?

5) Why people want the immobiliser removed? Flash-Tune appears to remove it, but I'm not sure why this is a good thing.

6) What parameter(s) is the engine braking slider actually changing?

7) Can you remove injector shut-off on decel with Flash-Tune?

8) Is injector phasing the point where the 2nd stage injectors come in?

Planned: Shortened Two Bros Carbon Slipons, Smog Plates, AIS delete, Race Air Filter, Bazzaz Z-Fi, Dyno Tune

My build thread
duggliotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #4829
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
1. Only the us image for now, but eu is supposed to be soon.
3. FT allows disabling of the smog system.
4. No tc settings yet.
6. I'm not sure what the etv slider does, the fi slider adds fuel during decel.
7. See above
8. yes

I'm sure someone else can fill in the gaps, but hope that helped a little. Download the software and check it out.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #4830
Tad158

Also, the FAQ has plenty of info on all those topics...
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #4831
Tad158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
What is "flash etv only" "flash fi only?
The ECU has two microprocessors, one for fuel injection and another for controlling the ETV. So with those functions you can make changes to one or the other or both.
2009 Raven R1
Build Thread

Flash-Tune FAQ Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #4832
duggliotto
loud pipes save lives

Bikes: 2012 White R1
Thanks for the info. I will refer to the FAQ too. Cheers.

Planned: Shortened Two Bros Carbon Slipons, Smog Plates, AIS delete, Race Air Filter, Bazzaz Z-Fi, Dyno Tune

My build thread
duggliotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 AM   #4833
Sydster
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2012 R1 Black Dragon
Chatham's V2 '12

First impression: Wow! now we talking!
A more refined and angry version yet still smooth!
100% improved low end, 3-6k and a consistent mid and top end. Power comes on fast and strong so intervals between gear changes have been reduced. You will find yourself too slow to shift up.

During the middle of a 2hr test ride:

Not sure if it was due to a slight rich fuel mixture I noticed and the pop crack and bang sounding like an angry thunder storm on desel. Even tho the temp were in the 90's it did feel some power loss or maybe I just got use to the extra power.

Did I read somewhere that higher temps mean better performance? is this true? The stock fan kickin for the '12 is 100c, now it's set to 90c so I never see 100c anymore no matter how hot.

Final impression:
A great improvement over stock! much better suited map for high obtain 98 fuel than peen's map. 1800k's since I purchased the bike and this is the first time I feel like I got a real liter bike. Power wheelie, no problems, clutch wheelie, no problems. power and clutch wheel with traction on, no problems! lol. anything you want you got it.

Important facts:
Test was done during a night ride, temps were 16-18c, on twesty and straight roads. Not a Sunday, driving miss dazy cruise but a high rev and high speed dash!
7.5 to 8.0L/100kms

Bike setup:
Stock all except GYTR slipons and y pipe.

Last edited by Sydster; 12-06-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Sydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:08 AM   #4834
chatham
R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
Chatham's V2 '12

First impression: Wow! now we talking!
A more refined and angry version yet still smooth!
100% improved low end, 3-6k and a consistent mid and top end. Power comes on fast and strong so intervals between gear changes have been reduce. You will find yourself too slow to shift up.

During the middle of a 2hr test ride:

Not sure if it was due to a slight rich fuel mixture I noticed and the pop crash and bang sounding like an angry thunder storm on desel. Even tho the temp were in the 90's it did feel some power loss or maybe I just got use to the extra power.

Did I read somewhere that higher temps mean better performance? is this true? The stock fan kickin for the '12 is 100c, now it's set to 90c so I never see 100c anymore no matter how hot.

Final impression:
A great improvement over stock! much better suited map for high obtain 98 fuel than peen's map. 1800k's since I purchased the bike and this is the first time I feel like I got a real liter bike. Power wheelie, no problems, clutch wheelie, no problems. power and clutch wheel with traction on, no problems! lol. anything you want you got it.

Important facts:
Test was done during a night ride, temps were 16-18c, on twesty and straight roads. Not a Sunday, driving miss dazy cruise but a high rev and high speed dash!
7.5 to 8.0L/100kms

Bike setup:
Stock all except GYTR slipons and y pipe.

Thanks for the review.

In regards to the popping on decell even with the AIS switched off in the ECU I would also get this..as soon as i installed the block off plates, no more popping on decell.
For some reason even with it switched off in the ECU some air must get passed from my EXP the block off plates are the best option.
chatham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #4835
Sydster

Bikes: 2012 R1 Black Dragon
thank for a perfect map! i dont mine the popping..
Sydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:04 AM   #4836
T.C.
Bourbon is my blood

Bikes: 2002 R1, 2009 KTM RC8, 1980 FLH Harley, 1993 Suzuki Rmx 250, 1979 CB900f(modified), 1980 Kawasaki KX125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydster View Post
thank for a perfect map! i dont mine the popping..
This place is the best for help.
Glad you got what you were after mate.

Sig by Uncle P.

Cal meh anj alcholic all yoo want. I will not memba in the morning, or the next day.

My '02 R1 thread.. http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343172
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #4837
AKDMA
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 Raven R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham View Post

Thanks for the review.

In regards to the popping on decell even with the AIS switched off in the ECU I would also get this..as soon as i installed the block off plates, no more popping on decell.
For some reason even with it switched off in the ECU some air must get passed from my EXP the block off plates are the best option.
I noticed this too. I'll be installing block off plates over the winter. Can't get an accurate afr reading.
AKDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #4838
indianfighter
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 R1
Finally got to ride a bit hard last night after flashing it with Peen's map.

One new problem; the front wheel doesn't seem to stay down at all, it's like floating on an invisible layer of pressurised air :-)

Thanks a lot all you guys; the bike is completely bonkers now. Next on the list is to try out N4speed's map and the one jaggi made for me with ignition retarded back to stock.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #4839
kell0w

Bikes: 2012 R1 50th
how would i be able to get chatham's map? been trying to mix things up but not having any success
kell0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #4840
AHB537
R1 it's Legendary...like MOTO

Bikes: 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 50th Anniversary GP no.1350 2003 YZF-R1-track bike(sold) 2004KX250(sold) 2004 GSXR600(sold) 2000CR500(sadly sold) 2002 CBRF4i-track bike(sold) 1996 CBRF3(sold)
He's on vacation from what I remember him saying. Chattam hooked me up with his map and man I am impressed. It's smooth and you can feel a steady pull through the gears. One major thing I noticed is how its picks right up from running up through the gears and not lunging forward as you excel. A little hiccup you might notice is on down on the rpm's right around 5k and below sometimes it'll drop but if you keep loosen up steadily on the throttle its great. Definitely IMPRESSIVE!!!
Advertisement