Quick AUCTMARTS Review - 2006 R1 Fairings : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance Windshields / Body Work / Turn Signals / Fender Eliminators, Sticker sets etc etc

Old 12-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
greenc51
I eat my Night Rod

Bikes: 05 Ninja 500 SOLD - 04 CBRF4i SOLD - 07 R6 SOLD - 04 Vulcan 800 bobber SOLD - 06 R1 SOLD - 2009 Night Rod Special =)
Quick AUCTMARTS Review - 2006 R1 Fairings - Dissatisfied

So back in August-ish, I purchased a set of fairings from the Auctmarts ebay site because the fairings on the bike I bought in August were showing age and I wanted something nicer looking. So for the price and the average reviews I've read about Aucmarts, I've decided to give them a try.

No complaints about the order process whatsoever. Shipping...I received the fairings in about 3 weeks or so in a large box with everything packed well. I was not able to start putting the fairings on until the end of September since I was house hunting and packing and all the craziness that goes with it. I thought, no biggie, I'll get to it when I get to it.

I order a fairing bolt kit off ebay as well which was a good deal.

Now...the paint quality was good for the price. I'd give it an 8/10. Definitely could have used more coats of clear. But for black, after I threw on a few coats of wax...the shine was awesome.

As for the fitment of the fairing pieces....I started with the tail, which fit pretty good, then I moved to the nose piece. The nose fit pretty well also. So now I'm thinking if the most complex pieces of the bike fit that well, I should be in the clear the rest of the way. Wrong!

The mid side fairings fit like complete ass around the nose portion. I messed with the fitment for several hours just trying to get it right, but that was in vain. So now I have a bike with a front that looks like this

It seems as if the parts of the sides that come in contact with the bottom of the nose area are the wrong length, thus messing up the fitment completely. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to tighten this area up?

Overall, for the trouble and hassle that the sides gave me, I would NOT buy Auctmarts fairings again. I'm dreading when I have to take the sides off to do maintenance since they were such a bitch to get on. Most of this is moot anyway, as I have decided to sell the bike...I would just like to make it more presentable than it currently is.

Thanks for reading fellas.

Last edited by greenc51; 12-07-2012 at 06:28 AM.
greenc51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
smalltrack
big tracks scare me

Bikes: 07 R6, 09 R1
Sucks to hear that you weren't happy with the fitment of the sides. Seems that most people are ok with it. I had a kit on my r6 and getting the plastics on and off was no different than the OEM stuff.

Looks good otherwise.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
GAZMTK
all im hearing is LETS GO!

Bikes: 2006 R1 Raven, 2005 R1, 2004 R1 with 2007 running gear, 2x 2007 R1's
I believe Auctmarts may of changed factory or fallen off the wagon, sorry to hear man, I had a similar experience.
GAZMTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
Sabian
Booya

Bikes: 1943 Indian Scout 741
Suck to hear they refused to assist you during the install when you were experiencing the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikays View Post
Yeah it was head trauma alright....but it was my little head that was traumatized by your mouth.
Sabian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
greenc51
I eat my Night Rod

Bikes: 05 Ninja 500 SOLD - 04 CBRF4i SOLD - 07 R6 SOLD - 04 Vulcan 800 bobber SOLD - 06 R1 SOLD - 2009 Night Rod Special =)
Yea I like the look of the bike, but those sides were a B
I am going to swap the tank and put on the filter cover this weekend.

The reflective rim tape I put was a B to get on as well lol...you can see in the pics all the wiggles where I messed up haha.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can tight up those portions that come in contact with the nose??
greenc51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
auctmarts1
I eat my R1

Hello,

Sorry to hear this happen, please contact our agent and send him the photos and issues.

sales@auctmarts.com

We will do our best to help resolve the problems.

Auctmarts
auctmarts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement