Watsen Supporter : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Appearance & Mods Looks is important. Ask here for help on, flushmounts, undertails, bodywork, exhaust models etc

Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Mac25
Fir Na Dli

Bikes: 2011 R1
Watsen Supporter

As most know that the Watsen turn signals are a little more $$ than most and the fact it takes 6-8 weeks to receive them, they are a product that can only be validated by those who promote them from personal experiences. Well, I have become one of these people. After waiting what has seemed to be an eternity, I finally received my package today. I had just returned home from an 1hr trip from Orlando but I rushed into the garage to install them. The install was ridiculously simple, probably the simplest install of an aftermarket product. All hardware was in the box and they connected directly with the factory wiring. Once completed, I was astonished how the dramatic difference they make. I have seen photos of their product on other membersí bikes, but to see it on mine was well astonishing. I believe that the bike has a totally different look. I was amazed of how much a small modification would make on the overall appearance of the bike. I may be going overboard but I guess itís mine so to me, I feel it has truly increased the overall appearance of the bike. I would highly recommend anyone thinking about buying these lights to go through with it. Yes, I know that they are a little more expensive and it does take some time to receive them from Canada but you will not be disappointed at all.

Before pics:

After:

Mac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
MANOWAR
I ****ed the girl in Hanson

Bikes: 2004 R1 Silver #1673 (fastest color)
I've had mine for almost 8 years and they still look and perform like new. Well worth the price and wait.

PCIII USB|Yamaha Seat Cowl|R&G Frame Sliders|Greggs Custom Barend Sliders|Intuitive 6MM swing arm spools|CRG Shorty Clutch & Brake Levers|Clear Alternatives Brake/Tail Light Integrator|R&R Fender Eliminator|Harris Grips|High Gear Tech Mount|Puig Dark Smoke Racing Screen|Graves Velocity Stacks|Cycle Gadgets Quick Change Oil Kit|Watsons Flushmount Turn Signals|Custom Race Baffles|Graves Clutch Slider|Acumen Gear Indicator|Racer Solutions Remote Laptimer Kit|Galfer SS Brake Lines|Graves Rearsets
MANOWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
daviboy
I eat my R1

They look amazing, the only reason I didn't get them was, looks like In the photos, the amber glow can only be seen front on.

It's hard enough being seen on a bike, so I got Aero flush mounts off eBay that have LEDS facing forward and to the side.
But the watsens do look sexy!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
daviboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
quick kurt
I RACE U LOSE

Bikes: 2000 R1 SOLD & 2006 R1 50th Anniversary & 2012 R1 50th G.P. Anniversary#145
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviboy View Post
They look amazing, the only reason I didn't get them was, looks like In the photos, the amber glow can only be seen front on.

It's hard enough being seen on a bike, so I got Aero flush mounts off eBay that have LEDS facing forward and to the side.
But the watsens do look sexy!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
They can be seen from the side just as easily, they ARE the brightest signals you will ever find. Well worth the price and wait, I left one stock one on to compare the two, and you cannot believe how bright they are unless you see it for yourself. They make the bike look sleeker, as well as seen much easier. They are so bright, you will see spots if you stare at them even from a good distance away. Order a set, you can thank us when you get them.
'06 50th GYT-R CarbonSlipons,Akra Y Graves stacks,blockoffs,covers BMCair Bazzaz Zafm Zfi mapsw Vortex w/520ERV3 Shogun sliders Vortex rearsets Renthal med.comp Ballistic12cell Stompgrip CRG levers Galfer SBK fr&rr rotors ProboltTi'12 50th WGP#145. Graves full Ti carbon ex,stacks,blockoffs BMCair Yosh case,oilfill,yokenut,axleblocks Renthal w/520ERV3 CRG RC2's Watsen's Shogun framesliders Renthal med.comp Ballistic8cell ProboltTi Lucky 13th R1-013Squadron Member
quick kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
WestSide_'10R1
LIVE EVERY MOMENT!

Bikes: 2010 r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick kurt View Post
They can be seen from the side just as easily, they ARE the brightest signals you will ever find. Well worth the price and wait, I left one stock one on to compare the two, and you cannot believe how bright they are unless you see it for yourself. They make the bike look sleeker, as well as seen much easier. They are so bright, you will see spots if you stare at them even from a good distance away. Order a set, you can thank us when you get them.

they are seen everywhere..believe us! you see them more than any other blinker on the market....its like a hid blinker!! hahah
Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
Benocehcap
Sonic Boom!

Bikes: 2001 Yamaha R1
should of gone with Rizoma...
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOWAR View Post
I've had mine for almost 8 years and they still look and perform like new. Well worth the price and wait.
had mine since '06... still rocking

ohh, and the original watsens had LEDs pointing forward as well... the main cluster lights up the sides and towards the rear, but you
can def. see it from the front... on the R1 its easy to deal with though as well, you can convert the running lights to blinkers easy enough..

Dynojet PCV, DJ AT-200, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS, GYTR , graves AIS, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, RK520, JT (japan) 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL qs,
CLEVER WOLF tank CF, RIZOMA sportline grips, APEX adj. clip-ons, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN no-cut, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines

Last edited by bacchus40; 12-07-2012 at 08:00 PM.
bacchus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
drjak
Take the red pill

Bikes: '09 R1
I have a set. They are still just turn signals. What will transform your bike is having the suspension set up for your weight.
drjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Turn signals are for squids

Wats are prob the best looking of the sigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
BlackShadow
Need $ for bike parts

Bikes: 2011 R1, and all the bikes I wish i had
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjak View Post
I have a set. They are still just turn signals. What will transform your bike is having the suspension set up for your weight.
Thanks Debbie Downer.

Some guys get excited about having better feedback in the grips, or having better brakes. Some people have an emotional connection of how one small change on the bike transforms it in some way.

Sig by Uncle P

I wish my Dad was alive to see some of the crazy shit I do. RIP Pops
BlackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
Quote:
hahaha... well said... reason i'm still sportin' my 6 year old watsens... just turn siggies... pretty basic step from the norm... but i can remember how cool i thought they were when i 1st got 'em...

Dynojet PCV, DJ AT-200, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS, GYTR , graves AIS, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, RK520, JT (japan) 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL qs,
CLEVER WOLF tank CF, RIZOMA sportline grips, APEX adj. clip-ons, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN no-cut, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines
bacchus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
drjak
Take the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShadow View Post
Thanks Debbie Downer.

Some guys get excited about having better feedback in the grips, or having better brakes. Some people have an emotional connection of how one small change on the bike transforms it in some way.
. How about let's be realistic. Their got damn turn signals. So getting "emotional" about them is childish. Brakes are part of the performance of the bike, turn signals are cosmetic. Cosmetic as in what women put on their face. So cosmetic mods don't "transform" anything.

Sorry doing backflips over turn signals, purple windscreens, a fender eliminator, etc, just makes many of us
Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #13
BlackShadow
Need $ for bike parts

Quote:
. How about let's be realistic. Their got damn turn signals. So getting "emotional" about them is childish. Brakes are part of the performance of the bike, turn signals are cosmetic. Cosmetic as in what women put on their face. So cosmetic mods don't "transform" anything.

Sorry doing backflips over turn signals, purple windscreens, a fender eliminator, etc, just makes many of us
Sounds like you know more about cosmetics than the rest of us.

Stay classy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DivineLink.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	478296  

Sig by Uncle P

Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
drjak
Take the red pill

. That is the best you got? Go get your lunch squid.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
RiceMonkey
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benocehcap View Post
should of gone with Rizoma...
Watsen look nicer
RiceMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #16
BlackShadow
Need $ for bike parts

Quote:
. That is the best you got? Go get your lunch squid.
I laughed that's all that matters.

Sig by Uncle P

Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #17
QuikRavenR1
Did You See That???

Bikes: 2008 R1 Black & Gold
Roger is the God of Flush Mounts!!!! PRAISE ROGER!
QuikRavenR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
CupraR1
I eat my R1

Bikes: 2011 R1
I put some on the back also
CupraR1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #19
Mad Matt
I eat my R1

Bikes: R1
Quote: