Dallas Cowboys tackle arrested after car crash kills teammate : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

Off Topic Talk All off-topic posts. Music, Sports, Movies, Humor, etc... (No NWS)

Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Dallas Cowboys tackle arrested after car crash kills teammate

The NFL is getting more and more out of control. RIP to the teammate.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/08/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent was arrested Saturday on suspicion of intoxication manslaughter after his Mercedes flipped, leaving teammate Jerry Brown Jr. dead, police in Irving, Texas, said.

Brent's car was allegedly traveling at a high speed when it hit a curb, flipped and caught fire, according to Irving police, who said officers on the scene "believed alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash."

The car traveled about 900 feet after hitting the curb, said police spokesman John Argumaniz.

When officers came upon the scene, Brent was dragging Brown, 25, from the car, officials told reporters.

Brown was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Brent, 24, who is in his third season with the team, was booked into the Irving City Jail on one count of intoxication manslaughter, police said. It's considered a second-degree felony, which carries a potential two- to 20-year prison sentence with a maximum $10,000 fine. The police report lists Brent as Joshua Price-Brent.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said, "We are deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown."

"At this time, our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry's family and all of those who knew him and loved him," he said in a statement.

The incident occurred shortly after 2 a.m. Saturday morning, one day before Dallas is scheduled to play the Cincinnati Bengals.

According to the Cowboy's website, Brent has played in 12 games this year, starting in five of them. He has 22 tackles.

Brown, an outside linebacker, was on the Dallas practice squad, having been released by the Indianapolis Colts in October.

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
That dude is a walking tampon.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
stop2think
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post

The NFL is getting more and more out of control. RIP to the teammate.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/08/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t1
Josh Brent was booted off the U of Illinois football team and out of school for getting a DUI while on a suspended license and had to enter the supplemental draft. It was not his first run-in with the law. Has a long history of problems, probably would have already been behind bars if he wasn't a star athlete. Hopefully killing his friend is enough to straighten him out.
stop2think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
BigPoppa
Una Caterva, Una Pugna

Bikes: Corey's Mom (cuz he can take a joke)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stop2think View Post
...Hopefully killing his friend is enough to straighten him out.
Errrbody straightens out in jail, they never go back

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

R.I.P. K_FleXXX
ElvisWarrior
GAWarrior
Never forgotten

Criminals love gun control, it makes their jobs safer.

John 14:6, Jesus Christ himself said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovechaos View Post
..sometimes you just gotta shake your life up and smash it against the wall to make yourself feel alive again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racindego
Your Jew thread got yanked quicker than a dude at J's mom's house.
BigPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
RIP

I don't feel bad for people who drink and drive.. Call a cab

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
stop2think
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheaded View Post
RIP

I don't feel bad for people who drink and drive.. Call a cab
They don't even need to do that. The NFL has a service called Safe Rides which provides a free, anonymous, car service for players late at night.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
WarMachine
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Bikes: 2003 R1 SPECIAL EDITION
Absolute foolishness got that man killed.....but he's about to catch some Texas Justice.

GHOSTRIDER SQUADRON XO
sig courtesy of UNCLE PETROL

"It is inconceivable that the framers - seeking to provide Americans with a means to resist tyrannical government - would fashion a right that can be exercised only in the context of a militia that is under government control." Robet A. Levy

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM]
WarMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
Devil1
R1-011 Wolfpack C/O

Bikes: 06 50th
At least he went to jail.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...280&highlight=

Sig by Petrol Spice
TEAM:
SO FAST SO CLEAN

Godspeed Chad "Gawarrior" Clifton - June 25, 2008
Devil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
stop2think
I eat my R1

Latest report I read said Brent was still drunk at 10am the next morning, too drunk to attend his court hearing. How much alcohol does a 320+ lbs man have to consume to still be drunk more than 8hrs after being cited?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #9
rexmitchell
I am the vanilla gorilla!

Quote:
Latest report I read said Brent was still drunk at 10am the next morning, too drunk to attend his court hearing. How much alcohol does a 320+ lbs man have to consume to still be drunk more than 8hrs after being cited?
Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. - Davy Crockett

Quote:
I'd rather be ass-to-ass with Kirk
Quote:
That dude is a walking tampon.

Last edited by rexmitchell; 12-09-2012 at 06:28 PM.
rexmitchell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #10
Rex1585
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2000 R1
Quote:

It really depends on his body. Some people have a difficult time at metabolizing alcohol and breaking it down effectively. It also depends on the court and what "too drunk" consists of. Perhaps it may simply be over the legal limit. Or perhaps Texas doesn't care and is zero tolerance for court (which very well may be the case due to the legal loophole that it could create)

In all honesty, if we said zero tolerance, and the human body can metabolize 1 drink per hour (a single shot, 12 beer, or 5 oz wine). 8 hours after the incidence would only be 8 drinks worth of metabolism. So 10 drinks worth on the zero limit clause would effectively be enough to push someone over the legal limit to attend court.

In reality he probably had in the area of 16-20. (complete assumption, but based on his size, average person metabolism, and the complete and inconclusive information given by the article.)
Rex1585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement