All my riding buddies dont ride anymore - Page 2 : Yamaha R1 Forum
» Insurance
» Yamaha R1 Prices
» Sponsors

General Motorcycle Discussions Any general discussions related to Motorcycles goes in here.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
Tell her you love her but the marriage isn't going to last and you need to ride.
I tried...and before they set the date I told them NOTHING between March and Nov unless they decide AFTER the schedule comes out...This will be the last forum day I miss.

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
bacchus40
kickin' at the darkness

Bikes: 2005 RAVEN R6, sold; PEARL WHITE 2009 YZF R1 ~ rip, CADMIUM YELLOW 2009 YZF-R1!
it comes and goes, dont worry about it... you'll find other riders to hook up with... my buddy and i both went through a hiatus, now he's finally about to pull the trigger on an FJR 1300!... those things are wicked.! 2013 is gonna be one amazing year with some close friends who all have at least 1 or 2 seasons on them as well... once a biker...

yeh i lost track of some friends i used to ride with back in 06, some times people just stop enjoying riding street bikes, doesnt mean they
stop altogether... its funny actually, cause a couple of friends thats all they do now, dirtbiking... now i'm the one thats bringing down the party! hahhaha...
needless to say i'm gonna have to get myself a 250cc to join the gang.!... comes and goes...

2009 YZF-R1 xPlanker

DJ PCV, AT200 & POD300, Leo Vince EVOII SBK/ARROW SS HEADER, GRAVES STACKS & AIS, GYTR, ECUnleashed, SHORAI, YOYODYNE sc, HINSON bskt, EBC SRK, ASV clutch perch, RK520, JT 15T/44T, Lithtech chain adjust, ANNITORI RL
CLEVER WOLF CF, RIZOMA grips, APEX risers, CRG Arrows, GYTR seat, SHOGUN sliders, GBR covers, GYTR db, Watsens, 6000k HID, RACETECH springs, RACETECH G3-LD, OHLINs FPK, CL SBK5/RX3, HEL SS lines, Accossato Radial 19x18,

Last edited by bacchus40; 12-09-2012 at 07:12 PM.
bacchus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #23
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Bikes: Want a new bike
Got a good wedding story for you.

A good buddy bought a ring and was going to propose last July . Another buddy proposed to his Girl unbeknownst about the other buddy. No harm no foul original buddy waited until recently to propose. So his girl now fiancÚ calls her sister to let her know . Sisters douchenozzle boyfriend goes out and buys a ring that is probably fake and proposes the same day. The sister is OK with this and schedules wedding close to original sisters date. My buddy is furious and is going to kick the sheot out of dude when he sees him.

SIG courtesy of the awesome petrol spice
BeaverPuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #24
z064life
R1 Forum Star

Bikes: 2010 R1, 2009 Roadstar Silverado, 2005 GS500F (wife's SOLD), PW50 (with training wheels), 2008 R6 (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverPuncher View Post
Got a good wedding story for you.

A good buddy bought a ring and was going to propose last July . Another buddy proposed to his Girl unbeknownst about the other buddy. No harm no foul original buddy waited until recently to propose. So his girl now fiancÚ calls her sister to let her know . Sisters douchenozzle boyfriend goes out and buys a ring that is probably fake and proposes the same day. The sister is OK with this and schedules wedding close to original sisters date. My buddy is furious and is going to kick the sheot out of dude when he sees him.
I recommend not having weddings to save everyone the trouble

Phantom Squadron XO - http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50
z064life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
BrnEyzR1
fast toys arent just 4 boys

Bikes: '10 Ducati 1198S Corse / '07 R1--RIP Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMac View Post
I blame women.

~ Guy Martin

Quote:
It's my fault.

Miss you Pierre
Much love Andre
BrnEyzR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #26
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Then my buddy said they are having the wedding in key west . I was like OK but that is kinda far away. I told him don't have it in June . Guess when they are having it. Guess I'll feel a little bad when I'm at the convention

Old 12-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
WestSide_'10R1
LIVE EVERY MOMENT!

Bikes: 2010 r1
Quote:
Originally Posted by z064life View Post
I recommend not having weddings to save everyone the trouble
weddings=....save your self the trouble!!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

I'm not getting married.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
Gearheaded
Venom X/O

Bikes: 2009 Raven R1(gone) 2008 Spicy Mustard r6
Boo hoo.. Cry baby

Whoody whoody woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
You pecker head....
R1-016 Venom Squad
Gearheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #30
Phantom blue
Puurs like a kitten..

Bikes: 06 R1
A few buddies that I used to ride with polished out and rides city than curves any more.... It sucks going solo on mountain rides and the other few, you gotta schedule a ride around their kids/family time.
Phantom blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #31
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom blue View Post
A few buddies that I used to ride with polished out and rides city than curves any more.... It sucks going solo on mountain rides and the other few, you gotta schedule a ride around their kids/family time.
I don't mind doing that but none of them ridden anymore.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #32
Toecutter
Throw Some D's On It

Bikes: 06 R1 Raven
Yes, happened to me too. We had a great group of 5-- now I'm the only one with a bike. Sad...

Sig by Petrol Spice

"I live, love, and I Slay--I am content."-Conan

"He's a Sultan. The only thing he did different from the rest of us was getting pushed out of a rich p*ssy."--Diazarusmc

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid.--Dwight Eisenhower

"I am ripper, I am slasher, I am the teeth in the night!"--Beowolf

"I hope you contact syphilis from the male prostitute you frequently visit and DIE! (How's that for being subtle?)"--ImNotAsCoolAsU

Toecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #33
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
Yes, happened to me too. We had a great group of 5-- now I'm the only one with a bike. Sad...
Very much so. Same here with a group of 5 and it was a good group. Everyone knew how the other would react and we all kept a good pace. Sucks all that time invested in the riding and working on stuff together. Gonna suck to start all over.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #34
R_1000
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bikes: 2002 R1
It's always the case. Up until I was 30 I am always riding with 4 - 5 mates having a good time. Next thing I know is that I am riding all by myself. I am 37 now and I don't mind riding by myself. I set my pace and take my breaks and ride at my leisure. I don't blame my friends, their priorities have changed and they have places to go and people to please things to achieve in life. I can understand that and let them be. Once in a while (once in every 3-6 months) I get a phone call and we get together for an easy chilled out ride. That's all about it.
R_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #35
Darquechild010
I eat my R1

Quote:
I blame women. All your buddies have turned their nuts over to their wives/gf's. It's really better this way, that way they don't have to constantly give you lame crap excuses like "I gotta cut this grass this weekend", "i gotta paint", "I gotta wash the minivan". I had a buddy who would tell us he had to travel for work on Monday so Saturday he "had to pack". Sad to watch.
True Ish... It happens all the time...

I'm in the same situation... All my friends had their man cards pulled, but I somehow managed to get them out this weekend for a ride to Immakolee for a bite to eat, then a nice run down Snake Road... I had to talk to them all in a group in front of their wives at a get together...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Darquechild010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #36
Kangaroo
para bellum

they never had "The Right Stuff."

Sig courtesy of SpidermanSS 9-15-09

Brothers riding on...
Bandrews 10/11
Dieyoung69 11/10
Vman1300 3/09
Gawarrior 6/08
Elviswarrior 6/07
Crazyclimbr 3/07
K_flexxx 6/06
Kangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #37
Devil1
R1-011 Wolfpack C/O

Bikes: 06 50th
I'm solo 98% of the time too. Age has a lot to do with it. When I was younger and single we were riding every minute we we'rent working.

Sig by Petrol Spice
TEAM:
SO FAST SO CLEAN

Godspeed Chad "Gawarrior" Clifton - June 25, 2008
Devil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #38
da rza
I eat my R1

Bikes: 07 r1 charcoal/blk
try meetup.com theres usually lots of motorcycle meetup groups in every state..met lots of good peeps here in az dont ride on the big group rides anymore due to squiddish/idiot riders every once in awhile...they come and go..but came out with a good bunch of 10-12 that are on same level..mind/riding skills and comunicate with them often..also met lots of great people in california groups as well...along with the trackdaz peeps...worth a try worked for me
Old 12-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #39
BeaverPuncher
Frosty runs are the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by da rza View Post
try meetup.com theres usually lots of motorcycle meetup groups in every state..met lots of good peeps here in az dont ride on the big group rides anymore due to squiddish/idiot riders every once in awhile...they come and go..but came out with a good bunch of 10-12 that are on same level..mind/riding skills and comunicate with them often..also met lots of great people in california groups as well...along with the trackdaz peeps...worth a try worked for me
That's the group I referred to in the original post.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #40
rocalotopus
arrivederci

i know a couple cool Nash cats you could ride with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron213 ti View Post
just think about who you about to go with, we might never find your body
you only funky as your last cut.
rocalotopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links